26 coaches online • Server time: 09:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
garyt1

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2018 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

If it was auto then away from keyboard rules would have to be changed. Basically then if you were away from keyboard you would have to make sure you didn't go beyond that reserve time. Then you might get more people just closing the client.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2018 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll take your word for it AD as I have not read the new rules! I thought previously turnover after 4 min turns were in the main part of the rules but rarely enforced in practice, whereas now 4 min turns are metioned as an option for league commissioners. Happy to be corrected by facts! Wink
Steynberg

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2018 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to have 4 minutes turns with an autobank from something between 4-10 minutes. Especially in the NAF Tournament that would be great, on one hand Iam also a new player in fumbble and need sometimes more than 4 minutes on the other hand I don´t want to be a d.. and press the timeout button if my opponents take a longer turn.

So timebank and auto turnover would be great!
Strider84

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2018 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

So in a tabletop tournament, you can just split the time at the beginning or whenever you feel like time is getting an issue. 4 min online is basically unlimited time especially on a NAF setting with not so many skills to consider. That's also why I would never time someone out even if he needs 5 minutes in 1-2 crucial turns. In my opinion, the added value in a normal turn between 4 min and 10 minutes is almost 0.

That said, I will spoil that another Speedbowl NAF tourney might be coming up, where my intention is to do 1 min turns with 5 min overall extension. League default options are minute steps for turns and 5 min steps for extensions.

I think bringing in a turn in 1 minute is then really a different skill, even if you need 2 min for the crucial 3-4 turns.
extremegrazedknee

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2018 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a lot of work...
 Jump to: