10 coaches online • Server time: 06:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Can I jump over an e...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2018 - 00:02
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I've just pushed a new feature to the live site which allows managers of leagues (ie, ruleset enabled groups) to import teams into their leagues.

Leagues and rulesets are one of the most advanced (and underdocumented) features of the site, and I expect many people will simply have no idea what this means.

Either way, for those of you who run custom leagues, this is how it works:

A given team can be considered part of one of four distinct categories:

1. Part of both the GROUP and the LEAGUE.
2. Part of only the GROUP.
3. Part of only the LEAGUE.
4. Part of none (this is effectively teams that have no association with your league or group).

In the teams view of your group page, you will see all teams part of the GROUP, which includes categories 1 and 2 above.

In the past, there was no real way to distinguish these two, other than trying to play a game which would fail due to the mismatching rulesets.

As of now, the teams list will, for leagues, show an indication that a team is "External" next to the teams that are part of the GROUP but not the league (ie. category 2 teams).

For teams that are eligible to be moved into your league, there will be an "Import" link league managers can click to move the team into the league.

"Eligible" in this context means teams in the L division that have NOT disabled the newly added team league transfer setting (team page->Team Options->Allow League Transfer).

As with any new feature, I urge those of you who are running major custom leagues (or wanting to switch an existing group to a league) to not do this on their main groups to begin with. There may be issues with this feature as it's not tested on a large scale as of yet.

Note that this will simply move the team from their existing league to yours without any consideration of incompatibilities between the rulesets. This means that in some cases, things will go a bit crazy (for example a non-progression team with 100 matches moving into a progression league or the other way around). There is also currently NO checks or conversions for rosters that do not exist in the target league ruleset.

As always, let me know if you run into problems with this feature.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2018 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/ Dances for joy!!!! \o/

One problem so far though is that I cannot switch on the "Allow League Transfer". The save button is disabled and will not enable.

e.g. https://fumbbl.com/p/teamoptions?id=259491

But, many thanks anyway!!!!!

This opens up a lot of options.

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2018 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, teams are listed only as "external". It would be useful to see which ruleset they currently under. (And/Or created with?)

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2018 - 03:05 Reply with quote Back to top

So cool Christer!

koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2018 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, could a team's league and ruleset please be displayed on the team page.

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2018 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

You wear my grandfathered players clothes, you look incredible!

This is freakin' awesome...

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2018 - 11:29
FUMBBL Staff

koadah wrote:

One problem so far though is that I cannot switch on the "Allow League Transfer". The save button is disabled and will not enable.

This should be fixed.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2018 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
koadah wrote:

This should be fixed.

Thanks, Christer but it still won't work for me.

I have cleared the cache but it still won't work on Chrome or Edge.

The save button appears to initially be enabled but it disables itself when the page loads.

On my ipad the save button remains enabled until I tick the checkbox. As soon as I check it "save" is disabled.

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2018 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Question: If I move a league from one ruleset to another, do all the teams linked to the league go with them? I believe that you have said that they would.

What happens with teams from leagues that have an custom SPP limits?

e.g. if I award skill one at 3 SPPs and skill two at 6 or 7, what happens if I move that team to a league with standard limits. i.e. what happens to a player that gains a skill at 3SPPs in custom league A but then skills to 6 SPPs in a standard league B.

Are teams still unable to play vs teams from other rulesets? I am assuming that they cannot.

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2018 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I LOVE THIS PROGRESS!

But i am currently experiencing the same problems as koadah Sad

Initially the save button is clickable but after a reload it is not and the teams can't be marked as "allowed" anymore
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2018 - 14:55
FUMBBL Staff

Ok, another attempt at fixing the toggle done. Let me know if it works Smile
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2018 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

OK. Now I can make it work but it is not yet ideal. Wink

When first entering the page, the tick box is now checked but the save button is disabled and cannot be clicked.
However my team does not seem to really have this value set as true in the database.

Unticking the checkbox enables the save button.

Checking the checkbox disables the save button again. So, the 'true' value cannot be saved.

The workaround is to
Uncheck the tickbox.
click the save button while you have the chance to save the value "false".
The save button will then be disabled.
You can now check the checkbox.
The save button will now be enabled again.
You can now save the value 'true'. \o/

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2018 - 15:44
FUMBBL Staff

Corrected the default to be properly set to true.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2018 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks good to me.

Many thanks!

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2018 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems to work for me as well!
 Jump to: