38 coaches online • Server time: 11:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would You Join Such a fun Tourney
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 18 ]
No
66%
 66%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 53

AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

There could be ways around...2 pts for every turn there are no opponents on pitch at all (call it a clear-pitch bonus)...there'd be no way to verify how many fouls were thrown, aside from either trusting the coaches in their match reports or speccing every single game...if limit to cas from fouls, consider also cas from crowdpushing, as some peeps frown the same way...make it even funnier, by giving an extra half point for every team member ejected during a game...there's no way I'm joining the group myself, but I can still see some entertainment factor out of it... Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Only 14 people - maybe this proves people take bloodbowl a bit too seriously
origami

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 06:06 Reply with quote Back to top

ChrisB wrote:
Only 14 people - maybe this proves people take bloodbowl a bit too seriously

Or, maybe, the idea just needs to be reworked a little. Cas fests can be fun - I get a stunty game in every now and then, but this is a completely mindless fouling competition. It's the equivalent of scoring with a 1-turner - no thought involved. All that you have to do is knock a single player over every turn, then have a single player foul.

There needs to be something to make it more interesting, to get some tactics and thought into the games. For example, other tournaments of this type have had team leaders who had to survive in order for the team to continue the tournament. You could give the points for cas caused, rather than just fouls performed, with additional points for hurting a team captain or players with a lot of SPP. These are just a few of ideas, I'm sure that people here can come up with plenty of others.
 Jump to: