43 coaches online • Server time: 15:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Retire or Keep?
Retire
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Keep
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Pie
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Joe1982

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2019 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hoping for some team building guidance in League...

My team, the Gamemaster's Vault, got relegated into the WIL regionals for next season. I played through most of last season with an ag 2 ghoul, because I felt his tackle and guard (+ blodge) would help. Mainly, this was because I was the underdog in every game (often 350+ underdog), and really needed the guard/tackle, and I knew that I would still have plenty of inducements. For the new season, however, my team will probably be one of the largest in the devision, so maybe it's time to retire? I do think having an expendable blodge/guard/tackler has been valuable - this ghoul will go where wights fear to tread. I am also still quite tackle/guard light overall. If I were playing Ranked/Blackbox I would have retired straight of, but having as big a team as possible definitely seems to pay off in League. So, retire or keep? All thoughts appreciated, cheers.

The team is here: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=899278
The player here: https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=12150461
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2019 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Fire. Fire the -av zombie as well, and the -ma.

He's not just blodge guard, tackle, he's blodge guard surehands tackle. You're paying 160tv for a guard who isn't as mobile as he looks, has a relatively useless surehands roll, is an immobile tackler, and on top of the lot is av7.

You've also got four ghouls. The wrodger can pretty easily fill the sweeper role, so the tackle is less necessary, you have another ballcarrier so the surehands isn't needed at all, and with the third rookie ghoul there you have options to skill him as you like.

You are quite guard starved, but the +ST block mummy should allow you to play around that, prioritise guard on the other wight.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the votes, and thanks for the comments, ArrestedDevelopment.

The poll is tied, but I think ArrestedDevelopment is right and I'll fire the ghoul before next season. Also the -MA zombie, but I'll hang on to the -AV zombie for now since a dirty player on the bench is useful for when then other gets sent off. I'll get another dirty player skilled up and fire the -AV zombie then.
 Jump to: