51 coaches online • Server time: 20:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2019 - 06:35 Reply with quote Back to top

0-16 Goblin Slaves 30K 5/2/3/5 Dodge, Animosity, Stunty, Right Stuff A/SGP
0-4 Infernal Guards 70K 4/3/2/9 Block, Thick Skull, Grab GS/APM
0-4 Bull 130K 6/4/2/9 Centaurs Sprint, Sure Feet, Thick Skull GS/AP
0-2 K'daai Fireborn 120K 5/5/1/10 Loner, Wild Animal, Hail Mary Pass, Bombardier Secret Weapon, Thick Skull, Regeneration, Decay S/GPA

Rerolls: 70K
Apoth: Yes
Star Players: Chaos Dwarf

Background:

The Chaos Dwarves have been an integral part of Bloodbowl since the start, with their Bull Centaurs trampling through the competition while clawed dwarves sliced through everything that survived.

However, the Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmiths were left out. Worship for their God Hashut replaced with worship of the pitch. Gathering the disgraced Infernal Guards, the Holy Bull centaurs, Demons of Iron, and whatever slaves that couldn't run away, the Daemonsmiths went to the field.

Rational:

Hashut is the Chaos Dwarf God, a being of greed and hate. His Temple is guarded by Bull Centaurs while Deamonsmiths make chaos infused weapons and try to craft controllable demons. Having Bull Centaurs was a must for this team, and they are identical to their Chaos Dwarf team counterparts, except you can field four of them.

The other obvious inclusion was the K'daai Fireborn. These are fire demons contained in an iron shell created in the smelter alters for Hashut. They can only be activate for short periods of time. They aren't stupid, but they are still demonic forces of destruction. To represent these attributes, I gave them wild animal, regeneration (since they are still demons), decay (because they are not stable beings), bombardier to represent their fire abilities like the Flamers on Demons of Tzeetch team, Hail Mary Pass to make them unreliable artillery, and Secret Weapon because it is still a bomber character.

The infernal guards have disgraced Chaos Dwarves rather than the most elite troops. A disgraced Chaos Dwarf is sealed into their armor as walking prison, with only death releasing them. I didn't want them to be a standard copy-pasted Chaos Dwarf, so I replaced Tackle with Grab.

Finally the linemen are goblin slaves, the utter bottom of Chaos Dwarf society. They have even lower armor than normal goblins, but I gave them jump up to represent them fearing punishment for staying down low for too long. They also have animosity because they are slaves and don't like their masters too much. Their presence also balances out the increase in strength of the four bull centaurs.

I considered adding Daemonsmiths, but they are basically Chaos Dwarf wizards and would be banned from the game. In my mind, they are on the sidelines as coaches.

Overall, this is a fun but probably overall worse Chaos Dwarf team.

Last edited by notbobby125 on Feb 09, 2019 - 20:52; edited 1 time in total
DatMonsta

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2019 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, this Team looks fun!
On a first glance they seem too powerful with 4 centaurs, but then you realise that them and the guards are the only reliable players on the pitch.
I think with a little tweaking (only one fireborn for example) they might even be balanced.
Sounds like a good roster for SL to try out
AutoAxpert

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2019 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

4 Bulls + 4 chorfs with Grab + the possibility of picking up 2 bigs are definitely too much and effectively turn stunty on the Goblins in a strength rather than a weakness. The concept is not bad, but this definitely needs work

CIBBL! I swear I had a life, before!
Gaurhir

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2019 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Think this is a stronger roster than the CD roster as access to 4 Bulls is a huge benefit.

CD has 2 Biulls + 6 Blockers + 1 Mino whereas this has 4 Bulls + 4 Blockers + 2 Big Guys

The dodge of the goblins added to the firepower of the above line up makes them more attractive than Hobgobs in my opinion
Kondor

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2019 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps because the goblins are slaves they could lose dodge. Or they are so emaciated they are no stronger than snotlings.
 Jump to: