38 coaches online • Server time: 14:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to give rookie Bloater?
Block
81%
 81%  [ 36 ]
Guard
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
MBlow
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
+MA
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
+AV
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Claw
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 44

Eczemabeard

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2019 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

My Tabletop Nurgle team is failing to thrive, with only a small pool of people to play.

One orc team, one high elf, one Skaven, & one human is what I'm up against frequently in open league format.

Now I'm being given the runaround quite a lot, with these teams around plus a good dose of skill-less Nurgle bad luck rolls.

My team is finally starting to develop a bit:
Pestigors have +AG, Sure Hands/Extra Arms, Block, and MBlow
Rotspawn has Guard/StFirm,
Bloaters are suffering from weird skill rolls which I regret but for which it's too late now: Dodge/MBlow, Dodge, Block, rookie with a 6+4 roll.

What do I do with the rookie?

I'm a bit at a point where I want to remain competitive in a world with AG/spoed in the one corner and Blockguardspamming coaches on the other hand.

What do I choose? Do I go for the stat? Or for a SPP generating skill? Or a safe choice? Time to help me decide!
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2019 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The team as described needs more Block, and badly.

Bloaters don't need +MV or +AV in any case. Take Block. Guard is the only other option for first skill on a rookie team and you already have a Guard on the rotspawn.
Eczemabeard

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2019 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Have to add, the MBlow on the Dodge Bloater did work out a treat - added it last week, today he made two CAS among orcs (a -MA on an AG5 Orc Blitzer, which sadly got Apo'ed).
Kzarik

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2019 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

When I start Nurgle out, I find that the most important thing is to get the core skills for reliability ASAP. So Block first on warriors, Guard for the Beast, Block if the beast doubles, take dodge on doubles for the warriors. You want to mire the game down in tar and then let your guys go to work.

Typical warrior builds:
Block/Dodge/Guard/Stand Firm/Tents
Block/MB/Claw/Guard/Tents or SF
Block/MB/Guard/Tents/Stand Firm

Basically variations on the same theme...if you get a double then usually goes to dodge to make that immovable object. Claw on them is okay and you can even make one with tackle for blodging frontline pieces, but in general their jobs is to hold space and/or players.

I still like 1 or 2 to end up w/ the Block/Mighty Blow/Claw, but their primary job is controlling space and any CAS they contribute is gravy.
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2019 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

100% agree with Kzarik, with the exception that I might skip Dodge on Warriors altogether. With AG 1 MA 4 they don't dodge so you only take it for the defensive benefit... Block/Guard/MB/SF are more important for their role then IMO, and Claw/Tents are also good. Who needs doubles?
bghandras

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2019 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

No need for double.+MA is sneakily good, but only after you covered your bases, so earliest as 3rd skill. I would take either block / mb / guard. I would lean towards MB first if you need 2 of those, as MB helps you to take next skillups earlier.

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2019 - 04:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Extra Arms.

Oscar Wilde
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2019 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Block.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2019 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

ArthurWynne wrote:
100% agree with Kzarik, with the exception that I might skip Dodge on Warriors altogether. With AG 1 MA 4 they don't dodge so you only take it for the defensive benefit... Block/Guard/MB/SF are more important for their role then IMO, and Claw/Tents are also good. Who needs doubles?

I'm kinda fond of the guy I gave Diving Tackle to in all honesty. Obviously not as an early skill, but some variation pays off.

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2019 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I could see that.
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2019 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

All those basic skills over MA or AV. And for future, I agree with ArthurWynne about Dodge... save the fact that I'd put Dodge on a ST5 Bloater that rolled a double if he had a chance to get Break Tackle, too. That'd be fun Cool
Eczemabeard

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2019 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The majority has spoken and is all overwhelmingly in favour of block. Consider it done! Thanks for all the replies and thoughts.

Have to add: Dodge on Bloaters isn't half bad (they've got AG2, ArthurWynne, so with Dodge I've been making out of TZs on 75% success rates). They also kiss turf less often. Although block is still better XD

Their primary job is to be in someone's way. Dodge does help, IMHO. Hoping to go Blodge/STFirm/Mblow on them later on, at about 51SPPs.
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2019 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, my mistake. If they have AG 2 then Dodge becomes a lot more viable.

Still not something I'd be very eager to take, but definitely in consideration.
Eczemabeard

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2019 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

ArthurWynne wrote:
Yeah, my mistake. If they have AG 2 then Dodge becomes a lot more viable.

Still not something I'd be very eager to take, but definitely in consideration.

Rolled doubles on one of my Dodge Bloaters. He's now got Sidestep. Plied him to max effect yesterday night against Skaven - put him next to the Rat Ogre and decided where the Rat Ogre went. Luckily he went down only twice in the entire game.

It's just amazing to see dancing around the pitch a light-footed, nimble, dodgy, FAT BLOBBY BLOATER! XD
 Jump to: