53 coaches online • Server time: 14:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Whats the beste roster?
Thrower roster
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Goblin roster
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Somethinng else.
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 16

Milman

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2019 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Doing a tournament in a few days and i want to try out the orcs!
Tv 110 team. 6skills and 1of them can be a doubleroll. Only 1skill per player.
Would like to know what roster you think is best.
Or your on list could also be an option :p

Thrower roster :
1troll , 4 blorcs , 4blitzers , 1thrower ,1line orcs , 1goblin ,3rerolls , 1fanfactor

Goblin roster :
1 troll , 4blorcs , 4blitzers , 1line orcs ,3goblins , 3rerolls

Something else.
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2019 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I would drop the troll if you can have 6 skills

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2019 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The "goblin roster" here is just bad. If you have goblins in a tournament like this you have them for the Throw Teammate option, so you want the troll.

That said, the Troll is expensive and unreliable and it doesn't Throw Teammate very well either. I think the best roster is pretty clearly the classic grinder roster:

4 Black Orc Blockers
4 Blitzers
1 Thrower
2 Linemen
3 Rerolls

Leaves you with 110k over, I don't know if you can use that money to roster stars or something with your rules package, if not, probably the best thing to buy is just a line-orc as a 12th man and an apothecary (which is a bit redundant but will at least make sure you're never outnumbered, and perhaps let you foul.)
Milman

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2019 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The tournament has the regeneration rule. So goblins that are killed would come back next game.
A starplayer is allowed. Would you go for 1?
What skills would you give the players if you are not going for a troll?
2blorcs block,2blorcs guard, blitzer tackle and another blitzer stripball?
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2019 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Thrower build. You need the sure hands and with only 6 skills to go around you don't want to use one of those on sure hands for a blitzer.

Keep the troll. It's a great roadblock.

Get 1x guard, 2x tackle and 1x dodge on your blitzers. Get 1x block and 1x guard on the black orcs.

Alternatively get 2x guard, 2x tackle on the blitzers and 1x block and 1x diving tackle on the black orcs.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2019 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Hullo!

Prepare yourself for a fun but a challenging weekend. Orcs are tricky in this format and sit low down the league table statistically (bottom third by some measures. Of course, all BB stats can be debated, but Orcs are certainly no world beaters!). This is because of a low capacity for managing misfortune at this TV with few skills and because they almost never get any help with the common tiering systems. You are underdog against almost all other tier one outfits and not many rulespacks grease those wheels.

A form of your roster 1 is the right answer. Depending on the skills you take, you may want to exchange a RR for an Apo and a Fan, but you will have to play conservatively with only 2 RR. That said, an Orc leaving the pitch (or worse, two!) at this TV is a nightmare, so your call. When last I Orc-ed I went the Apo route and used him every game; it only takes a Mummy or two having a good day to rob you of numbers.

A Block Troll is somewhat of a no-brainier. After that, your focus is keeping BoBs on their feet and not rolling 1/9 blocks and / or making your Blitzers useful. At least one Guard is non-negotiable and I’d take at least two hit skills without duplication. Two Tackle as suggested above, for instance, removes a third of your assigned skills in some games and more than one is not necessary anyway; you need a bit of variety. Two of MB, Frenzy and Tackle, perhaps all three, but I’d rather Block BoBs.

On offence, remember you have to move. You are slow, and savvy opponents will make you slower. Position that Troll and the BoBs intelligently to keep moving. On defence, use your strength and again, be mindful you’re slow.

Good luck. I’ve seen Orcs go very well, but it’s not that common. Hope you’re an exception, unless your tournament is the Dungeonbowl and we play. Wink
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2019 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Good stuff by goo. I'd heed that advice.

Also you could consider taking an apo and giving your thrower leader, that'll save 40tv.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2019 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Hullo!

Prepare yourself for a fun but a challenging weekend. Orcs are tricky in this format and sit low down the league table statistically (bottom third by some measures. Of course, all BB stats can be debated, but Orcs are certainly no world beaters!). This is because of a low capacity for managing misfortune at this TV with few skills and because they almost never get any help with the common tiering systems. You are underdog against almost all other tier one outfits and not many rulespacks grease those wheels.

A form of your roster 1 is the right answer. Depending on the skills you take, you may want to exchange a RR for an Apo and a Fan, but you will have to play conservatively with only 2 RR. That said, an Orc leaving the pitch (or worse, two!) at this TV is a nightmare, so your call. When last I Orc-ed I went the Apo route and used him every game; it only takes a Mummy or two having a good day to rob you of numbers.

A Block Troll is somewhat of a no-brainier. After that, your focus is keeping BoBs on their feet and not rolling 1/9 blocks and / or making your Blitzers useful. At least one Guard is non-negotiable and I’d take at least two hit skills without duplication. Two Tackle as suggested above, for instance, removes a third of your assigned skills in some games and more than one is not necessary anyway; you need a bit of variety. Two of MB, Frenzy and Tackle, perhaps all three, but I’d rather Block BoBs.

On offence, remember you have to move. You are slow, and savvy opponents will make you slower. Position that Troll and the BoBs intelligently to keep moving. On defence, use your strength and again, be mindful you’re slow.

Good luck. I’ve seen Orcs go very well, but it’s not that common. Hope you’re an exception, unless your tournament is the Dungeonbowl and we play. Wink

Thanks for the advise. Think im going with this.
Troll block
4x bob’s : 1 guard and 1 Block
4x blitzers :1 frenzy,1tackle,1mighty blow
1thrower
2x lineorcs
3rerolls

Even when i’m thinking of not giving the troll block and maybe just use him as a roadblock.
So i would give another bob block or guard.
This would waste the double skill but...nah...

Or how would you devide the skills?
Endzone

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2019 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Good advice from Goo and the roster and skill choices above are strong. It looks remarkably similar to what PeteW won the inaugural Bloodbowl (later rebranded NAF Championship) with, so that is a good indication that you are on the right track.

Tweaks to skill choices are a matter of taste. Some would want a second guard (perhaps on a blitzer who is more mobile) others would want more block on BoB's, others would prefer the nice range of skills you currently have. I don't think you can significantly improve on the roster and skill choices you have and for the final tweaks there is no cookie-cutter correct answer here - it is just about getting what is right for you as you'll be the one playing it.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2019 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Pete’s Nottingham win was in the days of 1 m, skill a game (?). So a little different and certainly more favourable for Orcs. I’ve no doubt the roster and sorts of skills were vaguely similar, though.

Skills are ultimately to taste, as Endzone says. I’d take three Block (Troll, BoBs), a Guard Blitzer, an MB and a Tackle. But as long as you stay in the vague ballpark discussed, you won’t go far wrong.
straume

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2019 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Some input from me:
1)An apo > extra linemanas you can use him to keep a KO positional on the pitch.
2) You also need 2 guard to have a decent cage with guarded cage corner and the option to run forward with a simple and desperate GuardBallGuard.
3) Edit: The goblin is in for OTS and hero plays. Scoring in 2-4 turns is not easy with Orcs and that goblin gives options for heroics (stunty or TTM) that the team needs.

That said I would do the following:
Troll Block
4xBOB, 1 Guard
4xBlitz, 1 Tackle, 1 MB, 1 Guard
Thrower, Leader
Goblin
Lineman
Apo
2RR
Cheerleader+AC
 Jump to: