48 coaches online • Server time: 14:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Eczemabeard

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2019 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Citizens of FUMBBL

I'd like to address your collective wisdom once again, as I like getting inspiring ideas from you.

I rolled a normal roll on my tabletop team's +AG Pestigor. I had decided I wanted to make a ball hawk out of him, as I already had a dedicated ball mover developed. However, the +AG makes me doubt what I want to do with him, as he's useful AF.

Now the trajectory for him has become a bit more complex with the stat increase, and I'd like your infinite wisdom and ideas to help me out.

My team has the maximum number of Pestigors already. I'll list them, in their planned roles:

Ball carrier reindeer: Extra Arms, Sure Hands (planned skills, in any order: Two Heads, Block, Kick-off Return).

Field control reindeer: Block (planned skills, in any order, depending on League needs: Mighty Blow, Guard/Juggernaut, Frenzy/Grab, Tackle).

Risky killer reindeer: Mighty Blow (planned skills, in any order: Tackle, Claw, Block).

And now the conundrum: I had imagined my +AG reindeer to take the Wrestle, Tackle, Strip Ball, Big Hand, Two Heads road, but +AG makes, as I need hardly mention, a big difference on Nurgle. I'm loth to just give him Block for safekeeping; Wrestle is BS as it puts a neon sign saying FOUL MY ASS on him; and the miniscule league we're in has too many dodgers already (Skaven, Humans, and HElves, besides too many Orcs), so I'm inclined to just give him tackle, as my team desperately needs it.

BUT Tackle is only useful on the offence unless I plant him next to a dodgy player waiting for him to get blitzed or blocked off the next turn.

Should I give him Tackle? Should I give him a completely different skill and following role or trajectory, and if so, which?

I'd very much appreciate if you shared your thoughts with me on this!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2019 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want a safety: Wrestle, Tackle, Frenzy; if you roll a double you can take either Dodge and Two Heads or Leap and Very Long Legs afterwards.
If you want a ball carrier: Block, Sure Hands, Tackle as core skills, Dodge if you roll a double and Two Heads or Stand Firm.
Anyway, I don't suggest to give him Tackle as second skill after AG 4 because Wrestle/Block enhance blocking reliability.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2019 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

+AG, block, sure hands, tackle, in that order. Maybe big hand after that, dodge on a double. That's a utility player and a half.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2019 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Block, Sure Hands, Tackle as core skills [...] Wrestle/Block enhance blocking reliability.

Chainsaw wrote:
[and t]hat's a utility player and a half.

As I'm too squeamish to choose wrestle and subsequently put a +AG player prone inside a box, I'll make him my utility player with the block/ sure hands/ tackle route and allocate one of my other pestigors towards safety. Thanks for the feedback, gents!
 Jump to: