31 coaches online • Server time: 19:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2019 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

When i try to open up the java client windows 10 tries to open the .jnlp client with IE ActiveX interface Marshaling Library.

I cannot get Windows 10 to switch all .jnlp files to open with Java instead of ActiveX.

I have searched all over the "webz" and it seems Iam either to old to figure this out or windows10 is a bitch to configure....might just go to a pawn store and get a windows 8 computer for 150 bucks.

help

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2019 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

with windows 10 you should be able to right click on the .jnlp file and choose "open with" which will have a list of programs. If javaws.exe isn't there, at the bottom there's a "choose another app" option and you should be able to find it through that.

There might be an easier way if someone knows it?

edit: I use firefox, not IE - not sure if that makes it different.
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2019 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I finally figured it out.

Download Firefox and once you get your java auto launch enabled on the start up you are good to go.

Specifically what I did was go into javaconfig and there are settings to open .jnlp files with Mozzilla, it is not default. I clicked that box and blammo, it worked once I downloaded firefox.

Hopes this helps new coaches or old men like me.