29 coaches online • Server time: 09:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
aerofool

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I recently began assembling a set of the new GW goblins. I bought two boxes because I wanted 4 for my orc team and some for an underworld team.

How many basic goblin models will I need for my goblin team?

I already have two trolls and all 6 "positional" players, but I like the idea of fielding all lineman rosters from time to time so it has to be a minimum of 11...

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

11 seems like a reasonable number.

Depending on how you model the 'ooligan he can probably stand in for a 12th goblin too.

That should be enough for an all-goblin roster, since I'm assuming the point would be to take advantage of inducements.
aerofool

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

ArthurWynne wrote:
11 seems like a reasonable number.

Depending on how you model the 'ooligan he can probably stand in for a 12th goblin too.

That should be enough for an all-goblin roster, since I'm assuming the point would be to take advantage of inducements.

I'm using the forgeworld ooligan.

I've got 20 goblins, I just want to know how many I should reserve for my gobbo team and how many I should put up for a future underworld project.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 19:11
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

13 guys total is a generally good amount for a goblin team, so minus two trolls you best have 11 or 12 goblins
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

11 seems about right. On a non all lineman team, you definitely want the two trolls, bringing you up to 12-13.

Then, 3-4 of the cheaters/positionals. (Chainsaw and fanatic are my favourites, but a bomber that gets lucky with hail mary pass can be brilliant fun.)

The doom diver is a great help on throw team mate attempts and the pogoer a good ball-carrier....for a goblin.

The various hardware the gobbos bring at the only way to make gobbos somewhat competitive. I would've leave home without a lot of them.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: May 07, 2019 - 06:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Also, I do not go with bombers...
Kondor

Post   Posted: May 07, 2019 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

In the goblin kit, there are a pair of "balls." Those are actually goblins/snotlings disguised as balls. I decided those were aerodynamic enough that one would be my doomdiver.
aerofool

Post   Posted: May 07, 2019 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
Also, I do not go with bombers...

Why no Bombers?