54 coaches online • Server time: 14:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Notniloc

Post   Posted: May 02, 2019 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Had an idea of a Xenomorph team yesterday for some minis I have. Posted it to Reddit and got some handy criticisms. Here is my post edited team comp. Tell me what you think and post fixes if you have any.

Stalkers (0-16) 7 3 3 7 Regen 60k A Dbls:G,S,P,M

Drones (0-2) 6 3 3 8 Stab, Multiblock 80k G,A Dbls: S,P,M

Warriors (0-4) 6 4 2 8 Prehensile Tail, Regen 110k G,S Dbls: A,P,M

Preatorian (0-1) 6 5 2 8 Loner, Wild Animal, Prehensile Tail, Claw, Disturbing Presence, Regen 140k S Dbls: G,A,P,M

Rerolls 60k

No apo
bghandras

Post   Posted: May 02, 2019 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

This skillset intrigues me and would definitely try out. Maybe they turn out to be broken. Or useless. But i can see potential, possibility of new tactics and also fun.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2019 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The stalkers seems fine, albet fragile. Everything else seems a little too cheap for what the get.

The drones get stab and multi-block, the combo DE assassins hope they get. And they lose shadowing, but gain +Av and a doubles skill, while being 10k cheaper. Assassins aren't great for DE, but this guys are too cheap/good.

The warriors seem a little undercosted. They're a bit like black orc blockers, but with -av, and +2 mv, +tail, +regen. That's a good deal, for only +30k from a black orc.

Same for the Preatorian- it's 10k cheaper than a Minotaur, but with +mv, the tail instead f horns, +claw, and +Disturbing Presence. A little much for 140k.
Notniloc

Post   Posted: May 03, 2019 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree the prices were likely too low. For now I added 10k to the Drone and Praetorian. Also increased the reroll cost to 70k. The Warriors are real good, but I think I will keep them where they are for now as they are probably the core piece of the team. Gonna need to test them out now.

I think this team will play and develop similar to a Lizard team with weird quirks and crummier armor.
bghandras

Post   Posted: May 03, 2019 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this team should play like Nurgle. Clog down the opposing players, while having stabs (pun intended) at them.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2019 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Truth. A few tackle and diving tackle pieces and suddenly this team is a nightmare for dodge teams.
aerofool

Post   Posted: May 03, 2019 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

4 S4's seems a bit much with the overall resilience of the rest of the team. I would knock them down to 0-2, or drop the drones altogether.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2019 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd argue that starting with Stab and Multiblock is a bit much. Multiblock is one of the best skills to pair with Stab after all.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2019 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

maybe change the drones multy block for frenzy? as when they are not silently biting someone's head they are on a rampage tearing people apart?
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2020 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

they're not pieces, they're players
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2020 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Why regen? Aliens don't regen. They should all have prehensile tail and maybe tentacles to represent the resin they use to immobilize people, or shadowing to represent them creeping up on somebody.

How about a Queen who whilst she is on the pitch prevents wild animal but as soon as she is off the pitch everyone suffers from wild animal to represent the hive mind?
Midas_Touch

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2020 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

i agree regen isnt required for xenomorphs but where my leap
Chivite

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2020 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

the real question here is: why resurect a year old post??
Motskari

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2020 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Boo! I thought someone was trying to propose a new stunty leeg team.
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2020 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

i had a look at the posts in the section, didn't even realize it was one year old
 Jump to: