32 coaches online • Server time: 09:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What skill?
Block
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dodge
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Leap
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Pass
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Guard
73%
 73%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 41

Orest

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2019 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

First time I'm posting here Smile My lineman rolled +AG on his first lvl up, now he got double. Now I'm not sure what to do with him. I have an idea to give him pass and make him a thrower, to play more passing game. I also have a NoS 8MA runner.

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=932892
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2019 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I mean, guard is probably the best choice, but it's also the one most likely to get him killed sooner than later.
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2019 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard is not just the best choice, guard is the correct choice.

Also, you have the money - retire that assassin.
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2019 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

An AG5 guard is great. Get the player dodge next (if they survive- they will have a target, and be placing themselves into dangerous spots), and you have a hyper mobile precious guard player.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2019 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

An AG5 leaping Guard would be amazing for cagebreaking. Enjoy him while he lasts! Very Happy

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
thoralf

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2019 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

There is always Sneaky Guard.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2019 - 06:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I would have thought carrier or cage breaker would be the best use for an ag5 (unless you have 2 or 3). Leap is great with ag5. But fair enough it was a double.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2019 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
I would have thought carrier or cage breaker would be the best use for an ag5 (unless you have 2 or 3). Leap is great with ag5. But fair enough it was a double.

Yep. AG5 is precious. He needs skills to survive first. Dodge/block/leap/strip ball would have been my skill route on almost any AG5 player. I would only take guard if I got the double after he had those first three skills.
Kzarik

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2019 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Take the double, put him in the "protect him" category of players for a little bit and feed him...Blodge, guard, leap, +AG being the goal for a guy like that.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2019 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

why no Pass block / Pie option?

ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2019 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

He's been here for two months, he doesn't know all of our shibboleths yet. Very Happy
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2019 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

With the advent of being able to court three specific players for the MVP in each game, more reason to take Guard (currently 73% in the polls Wink ) and get other stuff later. But definitely want to prioritize Block and Dodge coming up next. No more doubles for this guy until he gets those... but take the double now.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2019 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I had an AG5 woodelf lino in the same boat. He already had blodge and leap however.

I know it's not on your list, but on a lark I took Dump Off. It's worked amazing. The one (or sometimes two) TZs caused by the attackers doesn't phase his AG5, and with all the other elves at AG4+ they can usually catch the ball no problem.

It's nearly impossible for most teams to pressure a mobile Woodie screen to even get a hit on the ball, let alone get thru the screen, pressure the ball, AND cover all the potential Dump Off receivers.

Win.