17 coaches online • Server time: 03:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2019 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The best use for it, is on *ONE* Slann Blitzer since he already starts with DT and is 7MA (a pace or two above average)
..but he would need BD/SS first

garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2019 - 03:20 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems to be useful on Hemlock due to his blodge sidestep and jump up. Plus stab. But he can still be pow'd out.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2019 - 06:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought it was just there for wights when they only had G access.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2019 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Gutter runners. Block, sidestep, shadowing. combined with prehenzile tail if possible.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2019 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Bloodfeast wrote:
When is the skill usefull and worth taking? If you decide to take it on a player that people wanna get away from, it is mostly a quite slow player and he chance is therefor quite low in succeding.

And there is no use on taking it on fast fragile player cause people rather hit him than run away from him, but on the other hand he is better at shadowing.

Tackle and tentacles are also better skills for big nasty players.

So, one of the few races I can see use it are saurus and Kroxigors but I have not seen it in use in a very long time on either race so what do you say?

Is shadow worth taking and if so, when?

As several coaches have said, a faster player with GA access is good for shadowing - gutter runners and some elves I like. I have thought about putting it on a MA7 Saurus I have, but more for fun rather than being the "best" skill choice.

Gutter runner with Block, Tackle, Side-step (at minimum) is good for Shadowing, then you can add Diving Tackle and Fend later on as you like.

What is important is that you don't just base stuff willy-nilly with it - you need to time when to base at a point where your opponent either can't dedicate a blitz on the shadower, or you can screen well enough to deny support (tacklers).

Another couple of good uses for shadowing:

- trapping players near the sidelines behind a screen where you have a frenzy player ready to surf them

- the second player in the double-column defense to deny a touchdown.

- basing players who are in an area that your opponent doesn't want to go to, or will require gfi to get a blitz on.
Bloodfeast

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2019 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, thanks for all the input from everyone and I can definently see the benefit for ex. gutterrunners. I have done some homework of how I can use it best and and Rbthma points out some good examples, so I will definently try it on a more serious player!

Thanks everyone Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2019 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

A more serious than the only player I got right now, that is... Wink

https://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=12719550