36 coaches online • Server time: 08:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chivite

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2019 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The idea popped into my head, tier lists for all the races for NAF style tournaments are well grinded, Could it be possible to have a NAF style Division, like ranked or blackbox, where teams dont develop, you get to pick a set number of skills based on the team you have chosen and it is resurrection?

I wouldnt know what this would mean coding wise, so I dont know if my suggestion is outrageous, or if this was discussed before, so apologies if this is a topic that has been talked about to dust.
Subs

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2019 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea! Maybe some leagues are existing yet?
Chivite

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2019 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

but im not talking leagues, i mean open scheduling Naf games
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2019 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

You can create that in League, several people have done so, mine is here, feel free to use it:

https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=11680&op=view
Throweck

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2019 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Chivite means an open format like Ranked or Box but with these rules so it can affect CR, etc.?

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2019 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a great idea Verminardo, would it be worth making as "a thing"? with a tab and everything?
Chivite

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2019 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont care for CR, if it is there fine, if it isnt, fine too, I mean teams with a choice of a number of starting skills depending on the team itself and where it falls within their tier. and then you just spin, or look for a game. It would be a division without "unfair matchups" as some call em, does not matter if you monoactivate, does not matter how old your team is and how long you have nurtured stat freaks or legends among a very minmaxed team

Does that make sense?

both ranked and blackbox are about developing teams and watching them grow, where what i suggest is a division where it is purely about wining your game and there is no pixel hughing, also practice for what most common games on TT are like, low tv, fixed amount of skills.

I dont know, the idea came to me and I thought of posting it.

@Verminardo. In your group thingy, is there a way to add skills to the players?
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2019 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Throweck wrote:
I think Chivite means an open format like Ranked or Box but with these rules so it can affect CR, etc.?

It could be done I suppose, not sure if the appeal will last if you play hundreds of open games in this very narrow window of TV and skills available. The question is also which rules exactly you want to take, as each NAF tourney has its own and often changing from one tournament day to the other. And importantly, Fumbbl can support it but it uses several crutches in order to do so. If you look at the current World Cup Warm-Up it's not really super intuitive, you need to basically build your team off-site, then rebuild it on site, leave some money in the bank that you don't spend, choose "no skill" in some slots or singles where the site permits doubles, maybe even leave extra money aside for inducements which you then buy in the client before each game, but only the ones specified, and don't spend the other inducement money the client offers you to spend...

So while I'm happy we can emulate the rules set with these workarounds I think it kind of doesn't cut it for an official/ranked division, you know?
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2019 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Chivite wrote:
@Verminardo. In your group thingy, is there a way to add skills to the players?

It's under "team options" after you have created the team. Note that the site permits the maximum skills for tier 4 but not every team is allowed to take all of them so need to choose "no skill" option.
stowelly

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2019 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I would use this a lot! obviously it can be done in L and there are several groups for NAF tourney practice, but nothing official, and not coordinated.
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2019 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be very interested in this
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2019 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

But what rule set? Whats the point of a Day 3 TV 1100 WC roster vs some other roster/ruleset?

I appreciate the need and that R and B are all about team development, but I think this is better handled in league play rather than spinning against the same type of roster rule set ad nauseum
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2019 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
But what rule set?

Excactly. With fixed rules it would burn out. With changing rules, migration should be resolved somehow. That would probably require some coding by Christer. As League serves these needs, I doubt this would be the best investment of Christer's hours.

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2019 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose you could reflect the wide world of rulesets by changing the rules of the division every month or two and resetting the teams (not the records, the money and skills and then you’d kick the team out to a non-ready state until the team is re-readied within the new ruleset).

That’s if you wanted to do it. My suspicion is that the player-base is already low and fragmented across two divisions and various L activities, and if you brought this division in, there wouldn’t be the critical mass to sustain four ‘fronts’. The current tournaments do well numbers wise, but how would that translate to a goalless, open division? I’m not sure. There would also be a bit (?) of coding to do, as Strider currently does a fair bit of manual checking and I think there would be a need for rules to not be totally static.

Obviously, I would greatly enjoy the division if it ever arrived. I’m just not as sold as some above it would work better than what we already have?
Chivite

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2019 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

This all came to my head because I have never had the chance to play TT, I learned blood bowl just before moving to a country with 0 players, so I joined Fumbbl, anyhow, I'm about to go back to Europe and I would like to join tournaments and continue with the hobby with whomever plays in Ireland, so on the thought of being ready I thought of Naf style games, and looking in Fumbbl I found no obvious place to go, which made me think of the idea.

If the whole coding is too difficult, the games would be "goalless", and there is already something that manages it better, then how about some more intuitive tabs or links to this leagues?
 Jump to: