42 coaches online • Server time: 18:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ramchop

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2019 - 00:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I like these SHR summaries. 12 games away from posting mine. Down to activating only 2 teams: Vamps and Halfings. It was fun activating all 5 in the box.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2019 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

do you have to create new teams to join the BBT?
bghandras

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2019 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Summer has been busy for good reasons here, so struggle to complete 150 games. I will give a try anyway, lets see where i end up with.

After a long hiatus, just completed 110th game. Before this run, i stopped at 100, and 90 games respectively, so it is timely to give a little reflection.

Norse 26 games 23.5 points. They had a rough run, decimated often, yet they are pulling their weight as i expected them to do so. I would surely pick them again under same ruleset.

Undead 24 games 23 points. They are doing great, as expected. Definitely keepers. Racial lead is very possible. I am extremely comfortable playing this race.

Amazons 24 games 20 points. They are not doing badly, but i expected more from them. Like racial lead. I think they are good, but i might explore a different race next time. I might be able to do better with another one, or do similarly with a lower tiered race.

Slann 21 games 17 points. They are performing admirably for their tier. I think taking them was a right choice for me, and i would take them again assuming they are in the same tier.

Flings 15 games 10.5 points. I am very happy about a winning record. I think they are performing better than expected. Racial lead is within reach. They were the right choice to take assuming i also have amazons on board. On the other hand i would consider replacing them with a higher tier race if i would not take amazons, but a lower tiered one instead.

All in all, i am happy about the races i picked, they are competent and fun to play in the blackbox. 2 racial leads could happen if trend continues.

110 games on 94 points means i am on pace for about 132 points assuming:
- All races keep the exact same win %.
- Racial lead is achieved with undead and flings.
- I manage to complete all 150 games, which should be the biggest obstacle with all the sport, board games, travel, etc summer schedule.

Looking forward to the next set of games, no matter how far i will come.

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2019 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Finished yesterday my 150 run

results were better than supposed with frogs, and less than i dreamed of for the other races.

was a great run anyway, much fun and blood !
look forward for next season to improve my results!

Cheers
Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2019 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

34 days to go.

I have a few questions:

- Will BBT Season 3 kick off soon after the end of BBT S2?

and

- Where is BiBi?

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2019 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

It will probably begin 1st October.
As to BiBi the truth is out there.

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2019 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, 55 games to do in a month.... Gulp.

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2019 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

GAZZATROT wrote:
Hmmm, 55 games to do in a month.... Gulp.

Easy lad, easy Laughing
GAZZATROT

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2019 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, I thought you might laugh at that! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2019 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I took a break due to circumstances 2 months ago, thinking there would be plenty of time later.
After all, I was already halfway there!

Suddenly, I have 70 games to go in 30 days and I'm seriously considering throwing in the towel. :/

Just wrapped up the humans, ending on 13/12/5, which is fair considering my limited experience with them, but maybe a bit disappointing considering they started out 9/5/1 or something. Anyway, happy with that, will play the team a bit more. Having 7 dodgers and just as many guard helps.

The woodies on the other hand ended up a shaming 12/6/12. Ever since my first woodelf team here went 50/10/10 back in the day I've considered myself a woodie coach and this is... staggering. I'm not sure what happened. Was I a picker back then? Has everyone else just gotten so much better? Is something wrong with my current playstyle? Either way, I'm glad to be leaving them behind.

And finally the halflings. They're on 4/4/12, but, you know, halflings. I feel a number of games in there could have just as easily gone the other way with just slightly different dice and overall I'm happy with the way I play them. Will definitely be getting them to 30, maybe beyond. Having 2 spectacular trees helps with that decision. 3 MA, 7 STR /and/ Block? Hell yeah!

Leaving me with Underworld and High Elves to start and a tough decision.

Do I continue anyway, see how far I can get at least?

Or do I avoid the burn-out, the pressure of "having to play" and just activate the teams from this and last season I had the most fun with?

Choices, choices...
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2019 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm well on woodies, meta/competence aside, it's pretty much impossible to compare lrb4 woodies with later rulesets - the differences in-game are just massive - while the presence of journey elves makes keeping a team alive easier, the changes in skill selection/access of other teams and spread of skills have really changed the dynamics, as well as a major difference in people's approach to the game over the years.

I don't think wood elves are any worse (in fact, they may actually be better in some ways), but playing with/against them is very, very different.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2019 - 05:29
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Stats! I want to see some. Who's good at digging into data to find....

The biggest star in BT2? Killer! Scorer! Passer! Fouler!
How much can one player achieve in 30 games?
Which poor soul is carrying the most injuries?
How many superstars? Any Legends?

In 150 games there must be all sorts of cool statistics to pull out of the Box Trophy hat.

We need some awards! Some bling!

Any volunteers?

"23 days remaining"
fxiii

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2019 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

don't know how to dig in the data, here is my best team for BT 2

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=917328

27 points on 30 (30 points including 3 for 30 games played)

26 cas on superstar Ulf (on 29 games played)
21 td on superstar Runner (on 22 games played)

for team points i think it's (for now) a record, but for players i'm kind of sure we can find really better Smile
Mattius

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2019 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
hmm well on woodies, meta/competence aside, it's pretty much impossible to compare lrb4 woodies with later rulesets - the differences in-game are just massive - while the presence of journey elves makes keeping a team alive easier, the changes in skill selection/access of other teams and spread of skills have really changed the dynamics, as well as a major difference in people's approach to the game over the years.

I don't think wood elves are any worse (in fact, they may actually be better in some ways), but playing with/against them is very, very different.

I've never really been one to fear playing against wood elves, they are expensive and nearly always will be on only 11 players. I think in black box format they really are nothing special. Very good in NAF and ranked but seeing many people only get average results here doesn't surprise me at all.

On that note, next season I'll be trying them for science Smile
BiBi

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2019 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Wozzaa wrote:

- Where is BiBi?

Hi Very Happy
 Jump to: