11 coaches online • Server time: 05:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HandyKaufman

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2019 - 05:30 Reply with quote Back to top

When to say when?

I have this TG-less Khemri team that has brought me lots of pleasure and lots of heart ache... A typically fantastic team to coach. Nice, considering it's it ranked so I have been rightly accused of picking AV teams with 11 man rosters to boot... They have completed the grid for some self respect and the record could be better minus some incredible dice from victorious opponents...

But here is the dilemma. For posterity and personal greed I want to legend the two blitzers and two thro-ras and they aren't that far away... The thing is I have come to an impasse in team development, because of all the perms the team has suffered and the current amount of treasury I can scrap most of the perms and rebuild a very potent team at a lower TV... I could also, after my next match scrap some of the slacker linemen and get three TG's and go for a major.

So much to discuss with this team.. Or little to discuss at all... I just want some feed back about what other coaches would do, wouldn't do. I'm leaning heavily on trying to get the 5 legends on one roster, even though it would probably cost me a few games.

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=863427
garyt1

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2019 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

5 legends would be very cool... though I would say the thrower with -2ma and frenzy is probably weighing you down a bit for his use. Maybe ditch that one. Fun team though.

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2019 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Do what makes you the happiest.

You have other big teams that can play Majors. So, why not play for the Legends?

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2019 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Do both, go legendary and replace scrap Players with Tomb Guardians!
ThierryM

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2019 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Tsss Just Legend Skellies !! Like a true Khemri !
Bad to the Bone ! Twisted Evil
Note that I might be twisted in my judgment... I love my Bones'Galore so much Rolling Eyes (running with 3 actives legendary Skeletons atm)

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2019 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Enter the major, without any tomb guardians. The team is excellent and shouldn't limit itself to particular targets - the skills it gets makes up for lack of tgs.
tussock

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2019 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

For me it's 16 skellies at 2270 (or 2070 with trimmed RR and AC/CL), like if you trim them heaps to get easier games for legends, you're still sitting around 1750 at best and while that's less guard and tackle, you've also got less guard and tackle.

I just think they're at the point where teams you're playing have "enough" skills to hurt you all the way from 1750 to 2250, and you may as well have more gumbies for the line and spare DPs on the bench.

I wouldn't go TGs, because they'll be terrible, pop you up toward 2500 really quick, then you are facing things with huge guardfirm MB stacks and claws on everything, or elves with a long bench and a tonne of skills.

You've got a couple of the Khemri Badges, two more you can get without TGs. Once you need TGs for the 5th one, then you can get TGs. Very Happy