43 coaches online • Server time: 12:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is CLAWPOMB really a problem?
Yes, absolutley
55%
 55%  [ 464 ]
No, Chaos Dwarfs Disagree
20%
 20%  [ 174 ]
Still Haven't Decided
8%
 8%  [ 75 ]
Pie!
15%
 15%  [ 127 ]
Total Votes : 840

The_Murker

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2019 - 05:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Guess it's back..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxpTx0VDBKw

One mighty-blow claw piles on the noob guy
Piles on the noob guy, piles on the noob guy

One mighty-blow claw piles on the noob guy
Piles on the noob guy, piles on the noob guy

Guess who's back, back again
ClawPOMBs back, tell a friend
Guess who's back, guess who's back?
Guess who's back?

They’ve created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to take Tentacles no more
They Pile On, Tents is chopped liver
Well if you want ClawPOMB, then this is what I'll give ya
I’ll make your dumb dwarf bleed, even if his skull is thicker

Some claws that will rip out you heart quicker
Then a snot who gets tossed of the line of scrimmage
By an ogre when pile-on’s not cooperating
When pact claws rock that same line and ClawPOMB is operating "Hey!"

You waited this long to stop debating
But I'm back, I'm on the claw, and de-populating
I know you got the claws, wolf Chaney
But your lack of Pile-On is complicating..

So Bee-Bee-Twenty-Sixteen wouldn’t let me be, or let me be me, but let me see
They tried to shut me down for a year, or three
But Blood Bowl’s too balanced without me...

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2019 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Now that Piling On needs a RR I can still see the use of one killer having it. But it is a choice that will be wasted in a lot of matches. I guess either used with mindless rrs to hope for players up in early turns..or there for late bashing when you haven't needed to use your rrs.
Maybe it could be used for precise attacks on a key target.
Whichever way you use it surely isn't a big negative to the game anymore.

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2019 - 06:41 Reply with quote Back to top

ello old friend.

LAMMERS

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2019 - 06:45 Reply with quote Back to top

RIGHT.

Gimme back me POs in palce of the stupid Jugga skill then.

Discuss, bitches.

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2019 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this thread can't really live up to the past now? All the people who thought PO was fine have nearly all gone to BB2 by now. I do look forward to the whining when BB3 is out and PO is nerfed. An army of players will have to learn to play differently Very Happy
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2019 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

AD wrote:

In principle, I agree. I'm not a fan at all of a skill that has, in my opinion, been broken in implementation in every single edition of Blood Bowl it has featured in, either being too strong or too weak. Its current re-implemented status makes it a trap skill - it consumes a team reroll, which means it is not only promoting a dice/risk gamble and at the same time actually reducing ones ability to revert risk in future turns. As such it also promotes bloat: the skill either requires you use it a minimal number of times (in which case it is 20tv of bloat on its own) or that you carry additional rerolls to use it.

I've seen some people say they might take it because of a key PO turning a game, or simply for late game gathering spp in garbage time. Both of these are actually things that made people loathe the original PO, and the former usage there is somewhat of a questionable reason to take it, because with only one player with piling on, you really can't guarantee the position supporting that, which brings us back to bloat.

In my own personal belief, the only reason anyone would really be considering taking piling on strongly, and the only reason it might have any real effect on games is because FUMBBL's current ruleset allows teams to bloat to the point where bashers have "free slots" to take PO in, and can stack rerolls to the point of redundancy without fear - both because of lack of inducements and no mechanism to control team growth.

This ^

As someone that's never been a fan of super high TV sillyness Seasons is the answer and will make PO pretty much worthless, however I know some people like high TV sillyness, so why not have a competative division called Blackbox, with seasons, and ranked can ignore seasons entirely and be the division for people that want to build ridiculously bloaty teams
Cool

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2019 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I took PO as a legendary skill just because it was so popular at that time, I regret my choice with all my heart

chimp2010

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2019 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
RIGHT.

Gimme back me POs in palce of the stupid Jugga skill then.

Discuss, bitches.

No need to discuss! Just gimme ma PO back, I have a double Jugger that needs fixin!
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2019 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

You know its very hard procedure to undo once he's been fixed, right?
bghandras

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2019 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
As someone that's never been a fan of super high TV sillyness Seasons is the answer and will make PO pretty much worthless, however I know some people like high TV sillyness, so why not have a competative division called Blackbox, with seasons, and ranked can ignore seasons entirely and be the division for people that want to build ridiculously bloaty teams.
This!

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2019 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to try the seasons rule in the Black Box.
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2019 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

As someone that's never been a fan of super high TV sillyness Seasons is the answer and will make PO pretty much worthless, however I know some people like high TV sillyness, so why not have a competative division called Blackbox, with seasons, and ranked can ignore seasons entirely and be the division for people that want to build ridiculously bloaty teams
Cool

That sounds great, but it would leave Box teams at a (worse?) disadvantage in the Majors.

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2019 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The trophy seems to have half introduced that with teams going for the trophy every year, seems a good middle ground on that one.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2019 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
That sounds great, but it would leave Box teams at a (worse?) disadvantage in the Majors.
Personally i would not touch majors for many reasons, on of them is the inclusion of ranked teams. I appreciate there is a community need for ranked, but i do not consider its product as tournament worthy. Ranked is the division where everybody could build any team he wanted to, and play the way he wanted to. I dont think it is fair to pair ranked teams with any other division for that reason.

I am fully aware some people will disagree, i do not want to imply that side does not exist, i know they are significant in numbers. With that said this is my view, and i am happy to look at NAF sanctioned tabletop events for competitive gaming.

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2019 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Garion wrote:

Cool

I dont really care about that tbh. Arent the tourneys split by division anyway? aside from the FC?