44 coaches online • Server time: 11:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Eldril Sidewinder
Elijah Doom
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Horkon Heartripper
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Hubris Rakarth
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Mordrix Hex
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Roxanna Darknail
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

smallman

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2019 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Mostly doing this post so I can see all the star choices in 1 nice spot. My dark elves are up vs an insane lizard team at 2990.

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=582918
vs
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=767998

I have no mightyblow or leap, he has 1 sure hands, only I have strip ball, I have 1 dauntless.

I think I will stay at 14 players and hire 2 stars, choices worth considering are:

Eldril Sidewinder 200,000 8 3 4 7 Loner, Catch, Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze, Nerves of Steel, Pass Block

Elijah Doom 190,000 6 3 4 9 Fend, Guard, Loner, Stand Firm, Wrestle

Horkon Heartripper 210,000 7 3 4 7 Loner, Dodge, Leap, Multiple Block, Shadowing, Stab

Hubris Rakarth 260,000 7 4 4 8 Loner, Block, Dirty Player, Jump Up, Mighty Blow, Strip Ball

Mordrix Hex 230,000 7 3 4 7 Block, Dauntless, Dodge, Fend, Frenzy, Loner, Mighty Blow

Roxanna Darknail 250,000 8 3 5 7 Loner, Dodge, Frenzy, Jump Up, Juggernaut, Leap

Can Horkon leap in to a cage of 8 and stab everyone with multiple block? Or stab 2 of them? Won't be that keen to leap an ag4 loner. The threat of leap is nice.

I quite keen on some leap or hypno gaze. Do any cards give leap? I think there is a card for hypno gaze. Elijah is my favourite for value, mostly unsure who to take 2nd.

Elijah 190 + Eldril 200. 3 cards 150. = 540
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2019 - 06:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't multiple block and blitz, so Horkon's multiple-stab-ability is pretty limited

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2019 - 07:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not going to pick for you smallman, but I will give you a rundown on my thoughts on each star and you can see if any of it helps.

Eldril: Gaze. It's all he's really here for. 200k for what may end up being a single shot on the ball if he ever gets in position to do it. Could be worth it.

Elijah: Wrestle, SF, Guard. AV9 so can take a hit. Generally useful, perhaps not as much as usual in this game because even with a guard, you're going to seriously struggle to deny blocks/blitzes or return them vs mass st5+. But at 190k it's hard to argue with the package.

Horkon: Trash. But trash that could loner 4+ in to stab the ballcarrier. And only the ballcarrier. Is that worth 210k?

Hubris: st4 mighty blow, strip ball. Hits hard, and might actually be able to get 2dice on those saurus. Has strip if the ball is ever on the non-surehands skink in the clear (this won't happen). Could be a decent package alongside eldril if you could remove the surehands skink. With st4 can rather easily engineer 3d on skinks in clear areas.

Mordrix: punchy witch elf with dauntless, fend and is a blodger. Gives you mighty blow/frenzy/dauntless, but this is kind of hurt by the fact that she's a third av7 player you'd want on the field at all times, and that the dauntless is going to be rolling on st5+... not sure the inherent risk is worth the price at all.

Roxy: ag5, juggs, leap. A top star in most games. In this game she's going to be reduced to being a threat most turns and the leap juggs blitz isn't as threatening as it could be with the skink being guarded and having sidestep and block. Roxy is generally useful though.

No card gives leap. 2 give gaze - beguiling bracers (magic deck) gives you it, sidestep and bonehead for the whole game, custard pie (dirty tricks) gives you an automatically successful gaze for one turn on an adjacent opponent. Bracers would obviously be better here.

It's worth mentioning if you went fishing for the bracers in the magic deck and got a bunch of cards you could end up with one that gives you pro too (which cannot be played on a loner). The Bracers and Rabbit's foot together, on any of your players, might possibly be far better value than Eldril. Especially if you played it on an ag5.

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2019 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure how you would beat this team. The combination of high strength, break tackle and AG4 skinks makes them practically unbeatable in my opinion, unless you get serious help from Nuffle. So, I would say go for the high variance approach and hope Nuffle smiles upon you. Hypnotic gaze can always be a game changer on defense with a bit of luck. So I'd pick Eldril and cards (if only for the threat of a substation or pit trap), and sacrifice a herd of goats.
smallman

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2019 - 04:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers found bracers. Now i have 330 to spend vs some mega stat vamps. Leaning towards hex and 2 magic items. Probably replace blitzer next game.
juck101

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2019 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

late reply, clearly hubris and roxy. Hubris has equal st with a saurus which makes hi great. Mb is a bonus.
Roxy is potentially awesome. if you opponenet spends time hunting her you should be fine with cracking open the cages with your side. just taunt the leap and dont forget to juggs push the SS skinks if they are holding a wing.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2019 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Juck mate, you should have probably looked at the team Wink

"Hubris equal ST with a saurus"... yeah a mere 2 on that lizard team, the rest are st5 or st6 lol.

That said, while I didn't outright say it, my own choice would've been hubris and cards to get the gaze.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2019 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Surprised to see so many cards and just 1 star plus babes, but seems it worked well. A bit of randomness when chances seem low.