25 coaches online • Server time: 09:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2020 - 15:26
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The Warpstone Open XV Finals.

So the qualifiers happened, and despite some great games and some high spectator numbers, no threads, no forum noise at all.

As i have some time today and wanted to look at the finalist after I was lucky enough to qualify, i thought I'd lay it out to encourage others to easily asses and add any thoughts. As I am involved I will preview, but i will not predict.

Charlestοwn Cheifs
vs
Rain Wild
dashergeaux brings possibly the tightest of Chaos Dwarf teams that have seemed ubiquitous in the 2020 WO. An Agile Bull, a hitter Bull, Some Claw cdb but all solid cdb's, and some skilled hobgobs round out a powerful but lean looking team. they face Timetis's Pro Elf outfit with a huge 16 elf roster if few genuine stars. there is a +str Leaper and some guard, and of course the claws hold no fear, shame all 6 cdb come with tackle, mighty blow and guard.

Minimum 37.5% ABV[
vs
Stage and Glory
flashman1234 is another Chaos Dwarf wielder, this time we see a Str5 Bull pair, and a +str CDB, again the CDB's are lethal and feature Claws, the hobgoblins are plenty. Dhaktokh coaches Wood Elves, again mocking the claws outside of their str7 Tree, but its the agility here that's the USP, with some ag5 and an ag6.

Médecins Sans Frontières
vs
Opération Espadon
MenonaLoco unleashes Nurgle, with Claw times 4 and DP's behind them everyone knows the gameplan tykoonfranky's Lizzards need to find an answer to. Maybe their skink one turner can be the answer? or their mobile and developed Sauri? the toll of age and injuries is a worry on this bedraggled representative of Lustria.

Eveningfall Striders
vs
Grin Bay Soul Snackers
ClayInfinity's young Wood Elf team has a move 4 Tree, some +ag and +str and is as lean as you like but does it have anyhting that copes with the Relezite Vampire incasion? The vamps are wounded, with only 14 fit players, a +str move 7 Legend is missing! How will they cope? They will have to just hope the STR6 AG6 vamps can somehow carry the load, assisted by the STR6 Move 8 one, the STR5 +MA one that does make the game, the move 8 one or the ag5 one.

Quetzl Jungle Fighters
vs
Dr Suess
Quaruk's Lottery win brings his chunky Lizzards to the finals, featuring everything a big Lizzie team should do, 2 near one turners and some big mobile Lizzards, they may be here by chance but the sure seem to fit. spinball faces them with a nice Big Orc team, str5 BOB, str5 ag4 blitzer and ag5 blodge blitzer are the stars here, but it's a very solid looking squad across the field.

Germanys Next Topmodel
vs
Short Wild Purple
A Chaos Dwarf Team bu Hollaender with a Minotaur on top of the usual killer CDB's with Claw, and Agile/Hitty Bull pairing. Hobgobs filling the roster and no real gaps. Their opposition , another CD team, looks small in comparison, but have 6 developed CDB's and an ag4 Bull.

Stings
vs
Uusiverikulho
Mattius has taught Stings camoflage. Upon first look the team seems high TV to be carrying so many rookies, then you realise its a depp squad with 14 on roster. Then you notice the str5 Elf, and the MA10 elf, and the 3 str4 elves, and the Mighty blow hitter that isnt any of those, and the ag5 leaper with strip ball and you realise this team looks amazing, with answers to SO many questions other teams can pose. But answers to Stonetrolls perenial Final Favorites? The team name no one can confidently say is back, with, well, with things that do what it does. +str, tentacles and some DP. 2 BIG teams, 2 conflicting play styles, not sure either will be happy at their draw.

Angry Newscasters
vs
Nuffle Embraces the Foul
Finally the other two lottery tickets went to the final pairing. Carlo_Pellegatti, Khemri, Angry Newscaster, 5 DP, One Blitzer has Piling On! cdassak, Nurgle, team name features fouling, 5 Claws, 2 DP. This one might be banned in some countries and certainly arrives with an R rating.

Last edited by PurpleChest on Feb 13, 2020 - 23:13; edited 5 times in total
flashman1234

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2020 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Angry Newscasters vs Nuffle Embraces the Foul is a replay of Angry Newscasters' last game!
Stonetroll

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2020 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

On the contrary, the Unnameables are always happy to face elves, although lately the price has been one legend player per game, as we started out the main tournament today. For now I'm totally pumped for Newscasters, who have been a fun sparring partner in high TV ranked. DAVAI!
Strider84

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2020 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

great stuff PC, obviously rooting for the Angry newscasters, all other teams seem pretty unfair. newscasters just play unfair Smile
Mattius

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2020 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Stonetroll wrote:
On the contrary, the Unnameables are always happy to face elves, although lately the price has been one legend player per game, as we started out the main tournament today. For now I'm totally pumped for Newscasters, who have been a fun sparring partner in high TV ranked. DAVAI!

I said it during and before the game. This was 100% the last team I wanted to play Smile

Good game, the ball was popped 3 times, but with 5 tentacle monsters it was always a tough ask. Fingers crossed the newscasters remove some of that claw for you Smile
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2020 - 06:58 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
dashergeaux brings possibly the tightest of Chaos Dwarf teams that have seemed ubiquitous in the 2020 WO.

Presumably you were too busy typing at this point to look at your own homepage.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2020 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Couple of great match-ups, this should be fun to watch.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2020 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

My Wood Elves vs Rezelite's Vamps tomorrow (Saturday) at 10am BB Time...
Bazakastine

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2020 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

For those of you curious how the lottery went. We had 35 teams applied of which 7 had lost in quali-finals.

Quaruks Quetzly Jungle Fighters got the spot reserved for qualifinal losers.

Carlos Angry Newscasters and cdassaks Nuffle embraces the foul got the other 2 spots.

Everything was determined in the tournament draws channel on discord.
MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2020 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by MenonaLoco on Oct 23, 2021 - 23:20; edited 1 time in total
Stonetroll

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2020 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Also whats wrong with people using the site scheduler, some of us would like to spec some major action if possible?
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2020 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Where would you see the upcoming matches if coaches did use the site scheduler? I can't find the page/link anymore.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2020 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

'Upcoming matches' under the tab 'More'

https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=3110&p=scheduled

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2020 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Angry Newscasters Vs Nuffle Embraces the Foul, Sunday 19.30

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2020 - 06:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there an updated time for the remaining round 1 match?
 Jump to: