62 coaches online • Server time: 23:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Want temporary penalties?
Yes please!
29%
 29%  [ 13 ]
No, too draconian.
70%
 70%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 44

Balle2000

Post 3 Posted: Apr 08, 2020 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's an idea: a lot of online games have temporary disconnection penalties to help against gamers wasting other gamers' time.

How about a 6h, 12h or 24h concession penalty, where you will be left out of the box scheduler when an odd number of coaches are drawn, and where you can only receive, not send, gamefinder challenges?

(Won't count for concessions when 2 or less players at kick-off)

EDIT: Tried to add third 'Pineapple' option, but failed.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
mekutata

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2020 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd block players temporary from box, in ranked it's anyway possible to pick opponents.
Let's hope influx of players doesn't mean influx of conceders..

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2020 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Concession is not the same as disconnection. You get a second MVP and a win out of a concession, so you are already given something in exchange for your "wasted" time.

There are rules against disconnections already. Concessions are part of the game.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2020 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Concessions are part of the game.

I was thinking it applied to unjustified concessions. Ie. the "this drive is going badly, so I concede" types.
Joost

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2020 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you experienced many of them? I think I've encountered less than a handful in 3-4 years of Blackbox play
Thoriin

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2020 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

No, i think this a a bit light

Let's hang them, burn their house, kill their family.

Balle2000 wrote:
JanMattys wrote:
Concessions are part of the game.

I was thinking it applied to unjustified concessions. Ie. the "this drive is going badly, so I concede" types.

So that needs an human judgement from an admin , the penalty would happen after a delay, not great, and staff may have other things to do
(multi concessionners are looked upon and sanctionned already)
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2020 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm fine with getting their cash, MVP, and a free win. That's enough for my time.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2020 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Frivolous concessions suck. But if you're getting maimed or run over, it's all on your own estimation, ya know?

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2020 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Thoriin wrote:
So that needs an human judgement from an admin

Not quite.

You could make it go by the numbers. For example: you get the penalty for the 2nd concession within a 5 game span.

Crunching the numbers you'll soon find an automatic sweet spot.

The goal here is
1) Lessen admin ticket load by automatically dealing with "unfair" concessions
2) to disincentivize repeat "offenders" so coaches get to enjoy more full wins

Last edited by Balle2000 on Apr 08, 2020 - 20:19; edited 1 time in total
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2020 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Joost wrote:
Have you experienced many of them? I think I've encountered less than a handful in 3-4 years of Blackbox play

My experience is hardly a measure for anything, as I play most of my games in a league where people don't concede.

But table-flip concessions after the 1st casualty happens, what, everyday? and detracts from the user experience.
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2020 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I think you are trying to fix something that isn't broken, procedures are already in place for multiple concessions and if you suffer an "unjustified" concession report it and hasten the process. It is worth re-mentioning that justified or not is extremely subjective.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2020 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalfort wrote:
Personally I think you are trying to fix something that isn't broken, procedures are already in place

Yes, but these procedures require actual man hours to execute.

I'm more trying to lessen the admin workload, by adding an automization, than fixing something, I reckon.
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2020 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I am sure if there was an overload for the admin then they would have petitioned Christer and he in my opinion would have implemented something rather smartish.

If your experience is hardly a measure for anything, why raise the question? I can understand the prospective frustration for good coaches that are capable of farming more SPP from a wounded animal than the rules for concessions provide legitimately.

You are quite right that if this was a problem then something should be done about it, I just don't think it is.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2020 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalfort wrote:
If your experience is hardly a measure for anything, why raise the question?

Because I care about my fellow fumbblers? I really appreciated your question here Very Happy
Joost

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2020 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Joost wrote:

My experience is hardly a measure for anything, as I play most of my games in a league where people don't concede.

But table-flip concessions after the 1st casualty happens, what, everyday? and detracts from the user experience.

sorry, I'm not familiar with the term 'table-flip concession'; does it mean something like flipping the board over in anger?
 Jump to: