57 coaches online • Server time: 20:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2020 - 11:22
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I've just updated the Swiss tournament system with configuration settings for scoring to give more control to those of you who want to adjust the scoring system. Existing Swiss style tournaments should remain unchanged and unaffected (unless the group staff adjusts the scoring).

As with any and all changes, let me know if you run into problems with this change.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2020 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/
Foad

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2020 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Razz

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2020 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to kindly request a forfeit tie (when both coaches failed to push enough to get it done) option. That would be awesome and would help a number of leagues i am aware of.

Forfeit tie would mean that both coaches get 1 points each, and no need to roll dice to decide random winner.

P.S. I appreciate scores can be edited, but when those games are the last in the round, as they generally are, the next round's pairing is already up, and based on 'wrong' scores.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2020 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Depending on how difficult that is to achieve, I think it would be a really handy QoL update. Good shout.
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2020 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! How did this slip by me? Shocked

Many thanks, Christer this is excellent stuff!

I should have asked this years ago, but... how does the min & max work for TDs & cas?

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2020 - 11:40
FUMBBL Staff

TDScore = (TDs made) * TD_For - (opponent TDs) * TD_Agnst
TDScore = Clamp(TDScore, TD_Min, TD_Max)

A couple of examples:
Min=0, For=1, Agnst=0, Max=1
A match resulting in a 3-0 win will give you 1 point for scoring (capped at 1 because of the max value)

Min=0, For=1, Agnst=-1, Max=0
A match resulting in a 0-2 loss will give you zero points (would be -2, but it's clamped to 0 by the min value)

Max=0 means the max value is ignored, but Min=0 is clamped by default.

Works the same way for casualties.
sebco

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2020 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks a lot for all these add-ons.

I know it would be a lot of work but, if possible, a swiss system by squads (of coaches) would be really enjoyed for NAF online tourneys (and maybe some other leagues, i don't know).

Lots of things already done there so first a big thanks but don't know if this has been already asked so... I ask. Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2020 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Many thanks, Christer. Are these values used only for the tie-break or are they added to the actual points?

I also noticed that on this tournament, the winner is [SLO] Blue Bones Clan. But in the general tournament list the winner shows as Palace of Pleasure.

Thanks again.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2020 - 16:39
FUMBBL Staff

The values are added to the score and used for scheduling upcoming rounds.

That tournament was in 2018 and since then, the tiebreaker system has changed meaning the winner of the tournament was selected using different tie-breakers. Once a winner has been selected, it's fixed, despite score/tie breaker changes.
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2020 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool. Thanks Christer.

Jump to: