44 coaches online • Server time: 11:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2011 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Although you should get at least 2 turns to score even if the other player 1-turns.

As for 2x4 turns I think it is better than 1x8.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2011 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

As a further alternative: What about having the kicking team kick the ball into their own half, instead of into the recieving teams half?

This way, the person who wins the coin toss actually has to choose: Do I recieve (and therefore play first, and smash up the LoS, but I have to try to fight my way to the ball), or do I kick (and therefore have the much greater possibility of starting with the ball, when my turn does come around, although I have to absorb the damage caused by the other team on the first team, or the possibility that the other team will manage to get the ball and end up very close to my own end zone).

Touchbacks would still go to the recieving team; you could still kick the ball into the recieving teams side, which would not cause a touchback (only the ball going out of bounds would cause a touchback).

Primary problem: The Blitz kick off result would be even stronger than usual, and people already dislike it.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2011 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:
I like sudden death OT. It gives elves a better chance than they used to have. Even if a depleted elf team got the ball and scored, they generally had to do it quickly and would see the rest of the OT ground away along with their players. Now its a matter of possibly having to steal on defense to win.

A fun thought would be if one team receives and scores, the other team gets an equal amount of time for a drive of their own.

Not so much fun for Rats.

You start with 15 players, lose a few first half, lose a few second half ... then get to OT.

The dwarves receive and grind you down for 8 turns ... now your last remaining player has to line up at the LoS to receive the ball for the last 8 turns in the 32 (64) turn game!
f_alk

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2011 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

If you can't man the LoS you can concede without ill effect.
Igvy

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2011 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

if it is a draw, clearly the only fair option is to have no overtime, and kill all players on both teams.

Problem solved.
Fela

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2011 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
maysrill wrote:
I like sudden death OT. It gives elves a better chance than they used to have. Even if a depleted elf team got the ball and scored, they generally had to do it quickly and would see the rest of the OT ground away along with their players. Now its a matter of possibly having to steal on defense to win.

A fun thought would be if one team receives and scores, the other team gets an equal amount of time for a drive of their own.

Not so much fun for Rats.

You start with 15 players, lose a few first half, lose a few second half ... then get to OT.

The dwarves receive and grind you down for 8 turns ... now your last remaining player has to line up at the LoS to receive the ball for the last 8 turns in the 32 (64) turn game!

On the other hand, if you receive first in OT, the dwarves will have to TD in one turn Wink.
black_devil_laughing

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2011 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Igvy wrote:
if it is a draw, clearly the only fair option is to have no overtime, and kill all players on both teams.

Problem solved.

+1
Sharkrudi

Post   Posted: May 24, 2020 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys, it's really bad to finish playoff of a league just on a simple dice after an overtime of 8 turn just for one player.

perhaps to put in ruleset an option to select 2 half of 4 turns or 4 turn before.

is it possible to implement easily on fumbbl ruleset or not?

Post   Posted: May 24, 2020 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Nerco of the Year award, right here.

Post   Posted: May 24, 2020 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Kicks are good - increases complexity of the game in h2 onwards.

Post   Posted: May 24, 2020 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Squig Ball!!