22 coaches online • Server time: 01:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Deklar

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2020 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been playing Fumbbl for about two months now and during my last game it seemed like both mine and my opponent's Break Tackle skill was not being automatically used? It shows on the screen when I attempt a move that I need a +2 to dodge but when it's actually happens it doesn't calculate break tackle???

Can someone help...
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2020 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

As in the character failed a dodge when they should have made it due to Break Tackle? If you make the dodge on your AG skill you don't use Break Tackle and can use it again in the turn if wanted.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2020 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Did you maybe roll a 1?
almic85

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2020 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

It may just be that the rolls you are making will not be affected by the use of break tackle so the client is not trying to use it.

If your roll would pass without the use of break tackle then the client will not use the skill so that it can be used later in the turn.

If your roll would fail even with the use of break tackle then the client will not use it because it doesn’t matter and you may be able to use a reroll and pass the roll without the use of break tackle.

If your initial roll would fail even with the use of break tackle and then you used a reroll it would then use the above logic for the second roll.

If you're interested join the Fringe
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2020 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Deklar wrote:
I've been playing Fumbbl for about two months now and during my last game it seemed like both mine and my opponent's Break Tackle skill was not being automatically used? It shows on the screen when I attempt a move that I need a +2 to dodge but when it's actually happens it doesn't calculate break tackle???

Can someone help...

Hi I watched the replay of this (your last at the time I watched it) and Lonley Bob dodged twice during the Match (i.e. 2 potential uses of Break Tackle), Turn 3 of the second half he dodged into multiple takcle zones and required a 9+ roll to succeed, failing to roll a 6 the text box showed the message that Break Tackle would not help (exactly as it should have done). The only other time he dodged was on turn 16 where he rolled a 6 and thus made the dodge and didn't need to use BT (the text box did not mention BT at all, again as it should).

I am quite happy to watch other Replays if you would like me to, but I am sure it is working fine and maybe I could direct you in following the text for the turn a little closer so you can see what rolls are being made and how they are made up etc.

Hope this helps, take care. Dalfort.