36 coaches online • Server time: 12:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2020 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
ph0enyx13 wrote:

shh, let people dream about making 90 something underworld rosters so they can perpetually have a grandfathered team

That's what people did with ogres at the time, I think. No fix happened. If there's a fix like the one proposed, you'll still see 2 blitzers. I don't mind either way, but fumbbl had 7 skills players and 11 ogres teams for ages and nobody batted an eyelid, so I don't see a big rush to fix specifically this issue.

UNRELATED FACT

Did you know there's actually a limit of 100 active teams? Laughing

That's why I said 90 something
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2020 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:

For me to be so confused, this design HAS to be driven and decided based on low level NAF style tournaments, whatever the hell those are, right?

100%. They deffo appear desperate not to upset the naf crowd. Although it sadly means we get crap like this. At least it means a new edition shouldn't mess the game up if it comes.

I guess it's really hard to know what goes on behind the curtain. As there are likely a number of different sections of the company and play testers all trying to achieve a goal for different reasons. That said this roster screams they need better people working for GW; proof reading and testing these things before they go to print.

And at the end of the day I've still bought both teams, the spike and the pitch

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2020 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you think it is worth starting with the loner Slayer?

1 ogre 140
1 thrower 210
1 catcher 270
1 h Blitzer 360
2 long beards 500
1 dorf blitzer 580
4 h linos 780
2 rr 920
So 80k left where you can get a 3rd reroll, grab and apo (and a fling) or upgrade a human lino to a troll slayer (and grab a fling). I would just worry a bit about a st3 loner with frenzy before you get any guarders. Then you get the question of how early do you take pro on each of the dorfs?
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2020 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

All the loners plus in built rerolls for balling and dodge on the catcher would tempt me to go 1 or no rerolls.
lautrehamon

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2020 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the only way to have a decent roster here is to use 0-1 RR ; I feel it's often true with 70k RR teams anyway, here the loners just amplify that. Problem is you don't have many good think to buy with that money, Troll slayer and apo maybe for 12 players and 1RR. Doesn't look like a strong roster, maybe decent at low TV.
James_

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2020 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess the development is guard on everyone who can get it and 1 human blitzer killer.
Mattius

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2020 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely with out the loners, this team would be basically solid tier1?

I'm looking forward to trying it. Not going to whine about GW until I see how it fits in the meta.
Java

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2020 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand y'all trying to find somebody to blame, but this roster is subpar even at low TV/NAF style resurrection tournament. Take the loners off and give them animosity, give them a third fling and a third dorf, it may have been a contender in some settings.

As it is, it's just odd. I can't think why they would be so limited.

Last edited by Java on %b %05, %2020 - %09:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
James_

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2020 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Human blitzer 90k
Human Thrower 70k
Human catcher 60k
4 Human Linemen 200k
2 Longbeards 140k
2 Halflings 60k
Karla 220k
Zug 260
0 rerolls

NAF style.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2020 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, Animosity would have been enough, Loner is too much, in my opinion.
Not a fan of this roster, but Loner made me dislike it for real.
Well, so, the unplayable rosters are 4 now.
fidius

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2020 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:

For me to be so confused, this design HAS to be driven and decided based on low level NAF style tournaments, whatever the hell those are, right?

Garion wrote:
100%. They deffo appear desperate not to upset the naf crowd. Although it sadly means we get crap like this.

Yes, but I would go further: the designers all go to the same office, live in the same area, have the same friends, attend the same NAF tournaments, and simply don't know any other Blood Bowl.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2020 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
The_Murker wrote:

Garion wrote:
100%. They deffo appear desperate not to upset the naf crowd. Although it sadly means we get crap like this. At least it means a new edition shouldn't mess the game up if it comes.

Yes, but I would go further: the designers all go to the same office, live in the same area, have the same friends, attend the same NAF tournaments, and simply don't know any other Blood Bowl.

I kind of agree and kind of don't. There are a number play testers and people in the inner circle that play here and play in tt leagues as well.

I fear the people I refer to above opinion's are not valued highly enough in the design space hierarchy. Whether their input is ignored by the lead in this rules committee ( this seems from the forums to be JY-T), or ignored by the actual GW employed chief designers, who knows??? We can only speculate.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2020 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Coffee_Monster wrote:
Human blitzer 90k
0 rerolls

NAF style.

Yep this. Just don't take rerolls and it doesn't matcher that players have Loner or that the rerolls cost 70K!

Oscar Wilde
MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2020 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by MenonaLoco on %b %23, %2021 - %23:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Grod

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2020 - 06:44 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a lot of hate for these rosters before they are even tried out. These rosters are supposed to be sub par, but they're not bad.

Even with loners on the Dwarves, the new Old World Alliance team is a solid tier 2 team. They seem to be a neat team - Dwarves + Ogre + human Blitzer for a solid bash base, humans for speed, ball handling and passing and halflings for special teams. Without loner on the Dwarves this would be one of the best rosters, with all the strengths of Dwarv toughness, human speed, stunty tossing and big guy access with very little downside. Loner is needed for balance, and since Dwarves start with all the crucial skills, they are less of a liability with loner.

For Underworld, it is debatable whether the team is better or worse off, but it is interesting.

Don't fear change peoplez! It is a good thing GW have revived blood bowl commercially.

Oscar Wilde
 Jump to: