54 coaches online • Server time: 20:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Strider84

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2020 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

morehouse wrote:
Really brilliant performance by Strider, sadly in defeat. Worth a watch.

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4200321

Only critique won't show up on the replay as his opponent was really struggling with some of his turns and went over 4 minutes several times and should have been timed out.

Smile zsss timing out is for bad losers... also on the last turn I needed him to move a player still which he actually did to enable the score on a 4+ hanoff (which then failed, sadly)
Strider84

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2020 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

So here the other results of the round of 16:

Rabid Ruffians
(Skaven - 2070TV)
Drdeath

2 - 1

(1/0/0) - (2/1/1)
Report/Replay

XXL Burgers
(Ogre - 2520TV)
Strider84

Rock on the ballcarrier made the offence tough, and after some back and forth the stripper -2d stripped and the bounce was picked up in 1 TZ for the score. 1-1 happened, one turner failed due to perfect defense. Second half was a back and forth but left 3 turns to the Rogers to return score, which then failed on a handoff to an ogre who was 4 2+ away from scoring.

Enzymes in motion
(Dark Elf - 2530TV)
Kingvan

2 - 0

(3/0/0) - (3/1/0)
Report/Replay

Wooden Trees and Iron Elfs II
(Wood Elf - 2330TV)
Croixfer

In this rainy back and forth match the ball was lose several times, but at the end the darkies had enough guard to protect the ball through the time.

Breaded Beards
(Dwarf - 2550TV)
The_demon

1 - 0

(2/2/0) - (1/0/0)
Report/Replay

The_Acolytes(A Toecutter Gang)
(Chaos Chosen - 2180TV)
Amon242

Dwarves got a couple removals, Claws were not very sharp and it was enough for the dwarves to take it home.

So all counted I got 6/7 right not a bad turnout. Let's have a look at the Quarter finals:

Purple Delvers
(Dwarf - 1970TV)
Purplechest

vs

Fondly Regard Creation

(Dark Elf - 2470TV)
Relezite

2 very fine coaches. Purplechest got beat up a bit by smallman, so now stands there with only 11 bearded ones vs 15 darkies in the hands of Relezite. Only one guard though on the elf side, so a lot will depend on the dodging of the darkies. If they can avoid an untimely snake and hit one or 2 dwarves, it could get pretty uncomfortable for the dwarves. I'm going with the darkies here

Cloak and Dagger
(Elven Union - 2350TV)
Borgen

vs

Rabid Ruffians

(Skaven - 1860TV)
Drdeath

AV7 vs AV7 here, both ith some MB tackle. Oneturners are still an issue, but can he really only field 2 gr with one out and one on the bench for the oneturner? let's see what the inducements bring. I guess the skaven go through here

Enzymes in motion
(Dark Elf - 2420TV)
Kingvan

vs

Hell's Pavement

(Lizardman - 2270TV)
Malmir

These 2 leaping Which bitches will be a major trouble for the lizards. combined with all the guard it will be a nightmare to defend. If anyone can do that it's probably Malmir. But can he? I'm going with the darkies here

Breaded Beards
(Dwarf - 2560TV)
The_demon

vs

Lupus Necrotus

(Necromantic Horror - 2510TV)
Doclystria

In general Dwarves shouldn't be too happy to face necros, and doclystria is another very decent coach to field them. Maybe the Deathroller can save the day, but I'm going with the Necros here.

Good luck to everyone.
morehouse

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2020 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll go PC, Borgen, Kingvan, Doc
Strider84

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2020 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Lupus Necrotus
(Necromantic Horror - 2510TV)
Doclystria

3 - 0

(0/0/1) - (2/0/1)
Report/Replay

Breaded Beards
(Dwarf - 2560TV)
The_demon

The necros get a one dice pow after several 2+ followed by a catch with the werewolf. The following frenzy blitz 1 d into 2 comes up with a double skull which seals the first half with a break for the Necros. with the quick movement they score in 4 relatively easy for a 2:0 lead, and after a blitz they can even go for the 3:0.

Just a bit too one sided to be a interesting game. But nevertheless congratulations to doclystira. U need to know when to take your shot, and nuffle rewarded it (heavily)
Strider84

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2020 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Purple Delvers
(Dwarf - 2220TV)
Purplechest

1 - 0

(2/0/2) - (0/0/0)
Report/Replay

Fondly Regard Creation
(Dark Elf - 2470TV)
Relezite

Dwarves got through in scoring range thx to a couple ones on the darkies side, but then a elf play followed by a lonbeard 4+ fail to score saw the half time score to be 0-0. Dark Elf offence then was under a lot of pressure, and finally a double 1 with the ballcarrier enabled the dwarves to take it away 1:0. Well done PurpleChest.
Strider84

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2020 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabid Ruffians
(Skaven - 1940TV)
Drdeath

2 - 1

(0/1/2) - (1/0/0)
Report/Replay

Cloak and Dagger
(Elven Union - 2350TV)
Borgen

Kinda strange game, the elves score in 6, skaven return score with 2 2+ dodges for the 1:1. then skaven dominate second half, until the ball is popped and an one dice both down rerolled into skull from the skavens open up the field for the elves to get the ball almost away. 3+ dodge 2 gfi one dice is only a push. elves can score in turn 15, but with a couple 2+ can stall it out by blitzing away the tackle blitzer. probably the right play given the oneturner will just equalize most likely, but a double 1 brings him out of reach and it goes to overtime. skaven get the ball and somehow refuse to oneturn properly but rather score in 3 to make it to the semifinals
C3I2

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabin Ruffians seems to lack a can opener. It is an anti-agility build, so this final game have Political Correctness tilt.
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I enjoy the write ups and all the effort that goes into summarizing the matches. May I humbly suggest linking the Tournament Bracket in the summaries too for those of us that like to see the path taken/yet to go with one lazy click.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2020 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hell's Pavement
(Lizardman - 2150TV)
Malmir

2 - 1

(1/1/0) - (1/0/0)
Report/Replay

Enzymes in motion
(Dark Elf - 2490TV)
Kingvan

And somehow Malmir does it again. after a rock BH the ST5 Saurus right away (Apo), the Elves push down the left side in a compact cage. Fireball hits 2, but not enough to get a blitz on the ballcarrier. it does force the dark elves to score in turn 4 though, both Apos's gone.
skinks need to hand off in turn 6 to cage in the middle, but a leaping witch gets the ball free with a pow. after not getting the only skink in range down, the darkies go for the dodge, 3+ pickup dodge 4+ pass into the endzone, but already the first dodge is a double 1 to see an equalizer with a 3+ pickup, 4+handoff and 3+ dodge for the lizards.
in their offense, the Lizards somehow manage to keep a compact cage while one skink after the next leaves the pitch. turn 6 there was no pow on 4 dice on the ball, and turn 7 saw the darkies build a Sidestep divingtackle wall to prevent the skink to dodge through. 2 pows break the wall though and 5 2+ later the skink runs it in for the 2:1. If you cannot hit the elves properly (1(+1 apoed) casualty in 58 blocks) then you need to be a bit more lucky with the ball to win this. The patience that malmir had was really impressive. Congratulations Malmir, another Masterpiece of coaching.
Strider84

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2020 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

So now let's have a look at the semi Finals:

Purple Delvers
(Dwarf - 2410TV)
Purplechest

vs

Rabid Ruffians

(Skaven - 2100TV)
Drdeath

So the only thing really stopping one turner skaven is killing them. with Dwarves with MB and tackle mixed up with some stand firm means that there should be plenty of pressure on the offence of the skaven. nothing a natural one turner can't solve? not sure if that's just gonna be the plan if you then need to defend another 8 turns vs bash heavy dwarves. or is it? Skaven are a bit lower in TV, so a well timed wiz with som gutter runner evil could potentially decide the game. But with the Dwarves in the hands of Purplechest I think they should be able to at least make it to a 2:2 overtime where they take it down.

Lupus Necrotus
(Necromantic Horror - 2500TV)
Doclystria

vs

Hell's Pavement

(Lizardman - 2240TV)
Malmir

This second semifinal is one I really want to watch. Both coaches are world class, both teams are solid, it will really come down to positioning. Does the stand firm hold when it has to, can the Skinks be protected? can the werewolves use their claws effectively to remove 1 or 2 Sauri? So far Malmir had answers to everything so why not here? I think I'll have to go with the Lizards in this one, but it seems to be very close.
Gary_Gygax

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2020 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Waiting for a detailed report about both semis, Final has been set.
Rats vs Lizard so!
Please let us know when the Final will be played Smile
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2020 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

We are looking at Sunday evening but haven’t got a definite time yet
Strider84

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2020 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Gary_Gygax wrote:
Waiting for a detailed report about both semis, Final has been set.
Rats vs Lizard so!
Please let us know when the Final will be played Smile

unfortunately I'm on holiday with no pc to watch the replays. looks like the oneturner worked for the rats, not sure how he was able to stall through the whole second half though.

not sure how malmir will stop this given all gr are still alive. but then again I've been burned too many times not betting on malmir. can't decide... odds speak for the rats here.
Java

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2020 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

contenders, use my guide to the secret weapons to motivate your line fodder Very Happy

https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=Java&id=22988

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2020 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

We couldn't get a primetime evening slot that worked for us both so the final will be played Saturday (tomorrow) at 14:00 bbtime (just awaiting final confirmation but should go ahead then). If you bring rocks, please make them large ones and aim them at one-turning gutters.
 Jump to: