37 coaches online • Server time: 00:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kenku

Post 16 Posted: Jul 09, 2020 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey folks first post for me. With the mixed teams being talked about so much recently (lets leave that drama elsewhere shall we Wink ), I've been looking at my own teams and asking why the Lustrians shouldn't have a team up.

I've done a few searches through the forums and couldn't see anything exactly like this, but excuse me if it's already been covered. Also my first time homebrewing in blood bowl, kinda don't expect it to be taken seriously, just to chat about the idea. Improvements will ofc be considered.

Roster:

# Positional MA ST AG AV Skills Cost
0-16 Amazon Lineswomen 6 3 3 7 Dodge, Animosity 50k
0-2 Amazon Blitzers 6 3 3 7 Dodge, Block, Animosity 90k
0-1 Amazon Throwers 6 3 3 7 Dodge, Pass, Animosity 70k
0-1 Amazon Catchers 6 3 3 7 Dodge, Catch, Animosity 70k
0-32 Lizardmen Saurus 6 4 1 9 80k
0-21 Lizardmen Skinks 8 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty 60k
0-1 Lizardmen Chameleons 7 2 3 7 Dodge, Pass Block, Shadowing 70k
0-1 Slann Linemen 6 3 3 8 Leap, Very Long Legs, Loner 60k
0-1 Slann Catchers 7 2 4 7 Diving Catch, Leap, Very Long Legs, Loner 80k
0-1 Slann Blitzer 7 3 3 8 Diving Tackle, Jump Up, Leap, Very Long Legs, Loner 110k

Re-rolls 60k

EDITS IN RED

Mainly I see it as a combo between caging Amazons and Lizards, combining the Strength and Skills of the two teams to work towards a better caging game. The animosity could be seen as a distrust of the non-humans ability to use the ball or just being grossed out, though it shouldn't come into play too much until you are in a pinch to get the extra couple of movement or pass in an emergency.
Left the Krox out as I thought there were enough toys to play with already. The Saurus' provide enough strength. Kinda don't expect some of the positionals to be taken, mostly Slann Lines and Blitzers. Maybe Chameleons too, but I like them.
Taking Slann does become a higher risk tactic as we all know that their Leap relies on re-rolls and the Loner counteracts this, but I think it will be up to the coach if they want to open up the more passing style of play.

Last edited by Kenku on Jul 09, 2020 - 18:31; edited 1 time in total
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2020 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Too strong and too many positionals imho. Leave the Slann Catcher out, AG4 makes the team definitely too strong. Reduce number of Sauri to 2, that's then 2x ST4 and 5x ST skill access, that seems enough. Think about reducing number of Skinks to one or dropping the Chameleon.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2020 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Kenku wrote:

Taking Slann does become a higher risk tactic as we all know that their Leap relies on re-rolls and the Loner counteracts this, but I think it will be up to the coach if they want to open up the more passing style of play.

It is also higher risk as they have been written out of the game really. Doubt we'll ever see an official release for them again.

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2020 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
Too strong and too many positionals imho. Leave the Slann Catcher out, AG4 makes the team definitely too strong. Reduce number of Sauri to 2, that's then 2x ST4 and 5x ST skill access, that seems enough. Think about reducing number of Skinks to one or dropping the Chameleon.

Cheers. Ok, so, 2 Saurus, 1 Skink, removed Slann Blitzer and Catcher (more in line with pact).

Garion wrote:
It is also higher risk as they have been written out of the game really. Doubt we'll ever see an official release for them again.

Not too worried about that. I have just painted up an Ethereal team from secret league.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2020 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Kenku wrote:

Not too worried about that. I have just painted up an Ethereal team from secret league.

awesome lets see some photos Very Happy

Also you want a Kroxigor in the team if you are doing Lustrian Pact, Amazon linewomen are also OP unless playing dwarves, so I would avoid them.

You're probs best starting with skinks as linemen, a kroxigor, then a few 0-1 from slann and amazon. e.g.
0-1 Slann Blitzer
0-1 Amazon Thrower
0-1 Amazon Catcher.

then work from this point, seeing what you could include before they are broken.

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2020 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

PM sent for my Ethereal team pic. So more like this?

0-16 Lizardmen Skinks 8 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty 60k
0-2 Lizardmen Saurus 6 4 1 9 80k
0-1 Lizardmen Chameleons 7 2 3 7 Dodge, Pass Block, Shadowing 70k
0-1 Lizardmen Kroxigor 6 5 1 9 Loner, Bone-head, Mighty Blow, Prehensile Tail, Thick Skull 140k
0-2 Amazon Blitzers 6 3 3 7 Dodge, Block, Animosity 90k
0-1 Amazon Throwers 6 3 3 7 Dodge, Pass, Animosity 70k
0-1 Amazon Catchers 6 3 3 7 Dodge, Catch, Animosity 70k
0-1 Slann Linemen 6 3 3 8 Leap, Very Long Legs, Loner 60k
0-1 Slann Blitzer 7 3 3 8 Diving Tackle, Jump Up, Leap, Very Long Legs, Loner 110k
Re-rolls 60k

TBH, when you said make the Skinks the positionals I thought that would get rid of the cage play I was aiming for. Seems I am a little off as the lineup shows you don't actually need more than 3-5 skinks.
Re-included the Blitzer, just felt that there needed to be a bigger Slann presence thematically. I like sticking with 2 Zon Blitzers and also feel going below 2 Saurus wouldn't feel right but have we gone back to what Verminardo was saying about having too much ST skill access?

Biggest question for me. Should the Animosity be moved to the Lizards? Still makes thematic sense a they are 'the inventors' of BBowl, but worried it would be too little of a hinderance.

EDIT: fixed krox stats
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2020 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Still looks really powerful to me. Needs a nerf

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2020 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

RR should be 70k, like every other mixed team
ulvardar234

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2020 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

And it looks awfully powerful... like OWA, but harder... 6 players with ST access that also move fast, and some of them can dodge, too... and easy to develop blodgers... skinks for OTTD tries... an amazon thrower for leader...and some stuff you're not going to use, like amazon catchers and slann linos
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2020 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

to help you out-

0-16 Skinks animosity
0-1 Chameleon Skink
0-1 Amazon Thrower animosity
0-2 Amazon Catcher animosity
0-2 Slann Blitzer animosity
0-1 Saurus animosity
0-1 Kroxigor

something like that would probs be ok.