46 coaches online • Server time: 11:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
kanawa

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2020 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I've a ST skill on my Chaos Warrior first skill.

I was waiting for the second skill to decide what to do with him... but second skill was normal so I got block. Of course guard will be there soon or later.

Now I have doubts since, I score 2 TD in the last 2 games... My team is quite weak vs AG teams... But I see his advantages as Ball Carrier.

I see 3 options

1. Killer with MB/Claw/Tackle/etc.
2. Two head / Extra arms to have a scorer

3. Team player. I don't have tackles in my team (will do) but I was thinking to develop him and the minotaur with Tentacles. Alternatively I am thinking of a couple of beasts with Break tackle + Prehensile tail.

What would you do?
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2020 - 05:26 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=11604601
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2020 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

What's the rest of the team like?

Tentacles is a late choice for most Warriors, but you could justify taking it earlier for him - but Block / Mighty Blow / Claw is the most sensible path to follow.

Tackle is good, but given the Warriors are a bit slower, you might as well put it on a Beastman instead (as the dodgier players are usually the faster players, and so a MB/Tackle/Block Beastman is probably a better safety than a Warrior (early on...)

If you want to hold people still and hit them, Tentacles. If you want to be able to blitz whoever you want, Break Tackle. In my experience, Tentacle Minotaurs skill up faster than Claw Minotaurs, because it's easier for them to keep hitting people, but your mileage may vary

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2020 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a lot of potential pathways, but I'd recommend considering trying to use one of the beastmen as a ball carrier, and keeping this guy as your roadblock. The kill skills are great, but even something like guard and standfirm will make him something few other players on your team can offer.

There's nothing stopping you from making this player into a good ball carrier (despite being ma5 and average AG), but one of the biggest factors for me personally is that him carrying the ball is minus 1 Chaos Warrior on your front line making space, knocking over opponents, and providing a really solid pillar for you to cage around. Even against dodgy teams, the latter is really important. He will do it well as someone who can get guard in the future and is pretty hard to get good blocks against.

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2020 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a nice ball carrying one, but I did get the +Ag first.
http://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=7423632
Java

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2020 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

tentacls, stand firm, guard

he won't get to legend because he'll die long before that, but he'll win you many games

you don't need all your warriors to be killers

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2020 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

guard, sf, tents.

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2020 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks all. I went for guard. Let's see what I can get next
 Jump to: