53 coaches online • Server time: 18:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
smallman

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2020 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Having the current date, and time in AM PM would be a huge help in arranging games with opponents. And also if priv messages confirmed that the time stamp on the message was 'server time'.

This is the main reason I nearly only play in the box, and don't do league, as it is too annoying to try and arrange games with the time and date difference. I barely got my last COS game finished in time due to this issue.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2020 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
website needs server date and am pm for time

language needs to stop using am/pm relic Laughing
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2020 - 03:28 Reply with quote Back to top

24hr Clock precludes the need for AM/PM no?

I do find a World Clock Calendar calculator helps re the Dates. Date on the Server time would certainly help abbreviate that process of course. Smile

This link is set to AEST and CET (Server time).

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?iso=20200731&p1=240&p2=195

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2020 - 05:32 Reply with quote Back to top

always use server time AND date when arranging matches its the standard time/day for both parties and no conversions needed.
Uber

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2020 - 06:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Just work harder.

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2020 - 06:11
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
Having the current date, and time in AM PM would be a huge help in arranging games with opponents.

A date stamp on the server clock could be helpful. Reading a 24hr clock however is something you should learn.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2020 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

scheduler makes it even easier. You put in your day/time, it auto-calculates the day/time for the opponent. Error free product.

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2020 - 06:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Do what Arktoris said. Click on the clock next to the word schedule pick a time and date (for PM times add 12 to the hours part of the time) and hit suggest. Then PM your opponent and ask if that time is acceptable or if they have a counter time. Provided you put the correct time zone into fumbbl, fumbbl's scheduler will give you YOUR local time for the match.
smallman

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2020 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I already know its a 24h clock, but not everyone does, and I always use the scheduler, but many others don't know about it, so the system still fails badly.
mekutata

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2020 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Easy solution. Make "Server Time" clickable, leads to a wikipedia page explaining how a 24h clock works.

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2020 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

We should start specifying year in AD/BC too.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2020 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Would be nice to get Epoch time aswell, for those who don't subscribe to the Gregorian calendar:
https://www.epochconverter.com/clock

Last edited by Shraaaag on %b %31, %2020 - %09:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
stowelly

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2020 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
Would be nice to get Epoch time aswell, for those who don't subscribe to the Gregorian calendar.

this imo would solve everything
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2020 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
I already know its a 24h clock, but not everyone does, and I always use the scheduler, but many others don't know about it, so the system still fails badly.

You can tell that it is a 24h clock by the fact that it does not have AM/PM.

Even some of us old geezers have figured that out.

I'll be sticking with 24h even when we've got rid of metric and gone back to Imperial. Twisted Evil

Oh for £/s/d.

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2020 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

It's never failed 'badly' for me (currently playing in six leagues and admin a division of the WIL, played several NAF events in the Americas time zone while living in the UK). Do you have any evidence? I will accept anecdotal for the time being, in order that you may make your point.
 Jump to: