47 coaches online • Server time: 18:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2020 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Not saying they are terrible, but they don't seem to hit the same highs as wood elves. Is it mostly a matter of the best coaches take wood elves due to the dancer and the catchers being almost as good as skaven? What is the reason to play wood elves over Skaven or vice versa?
MarckusOfCamlan

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2020 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say the 2 main reasons to take wood elves over skaven are "Agility" and War dancer.

I'd say the main reason to skaven over wood elves are "Cost" and bashing capabilities. Unlike woodelves, Skaven have natural access to strength skills and mutations.
Kzarik

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2020 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

In head to head matchups, Wood Elves do everything that Skaven want to do better. They also dictate the terms of where the battle will take place as their fodder disengages at 2+ where Skaven is 3+. Gutter Runners are amazing, but so are Wardancers and catchers aren't that far behind. The Elf lineman are star players as well. Linerats are just fodder. Period.

The reality is that Wood Elves are just a better team most of the time and it doesn't matter what TV you play at. The real weakness of the elf team is in expense and that shows up in league where they will take a terrible beating some games and lose positional stars and so on. NAF's resurrection format negates the biggest Wood Elf negative and here we are.
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2020 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

ag4 and wardancers

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
PeteW

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2020 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Cash.

Back in the day when tournaments were TR100, you would see rats, orcs and dwarves on the top tables. There were always a few elves, but the lack of cash made them very tricky.

Now we are almost always at tv1100, this is the sweet spot for elves and rats don't have as much to gain for the cash.

Last edited by PeteW on Aug 03, 2020 - 10:39; edited 1 time in total
Alien_the_Alien

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2020 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:

Now we are almost always at tv1000, this is the sweet spot for elves and rats don't have as much to gain for the cash.

Really? I'm not a NAF expect, but usually tournaments seem to be played as tv1000 + a set of skills depending on the tier, or even tv1100.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2020 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

In the new rules leak, the Skaven roster is regarded as Tier 1 Wink
PeteW

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2020 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Alien_the_Alien wrote:
PeteW wrote:

Now we are almost always at tv1000, this is the sweet spot for elves and rats don't have as much to gain for the cash.

Really? I'm not a NAF expect, but usually tournaments seem to be played as tv1000 + a set of skills depending on the tier, or even tv1100.

Yes, you are correct. I have edited the typo out of my post, so it now makes sense!