37 coaches online • Server time: 00:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Best Post Apocalyptic flop?
Waterworld
33%
 33%  [ 66 ]
Salute of the Jugger (called The Blood of heroes in some regions)
15%
 15%  [ 31 ]
The Postman
14%
 14%  [ 28 ]
Dredd (not the sly stallone one)
24%
 24%  [ 48 ]
Deathrace 2000
6%
 6%  [ 13 ]
Deathsport
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Cyborg
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 195

Balle2000

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Balle2000 wrote:
Remake Deathrace 2000 please.

they did, they called it deathrace 3000, it sucked

Remake Deathrace 3000 please.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

very suprised to see The Postman get love, I thought that was truly awful. whereas most of the others are good in their own special way Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

It's taken me longer than I'd like to admit after making those shadowing and tents tables to recognize how counter intuitive the rules are. To show that with some examples.

Tents
A Troll breaks away from a Troll with tents 5/6 times because they're equal strength
A Goblin breaks away from a Troll with tents 2/6 times because it has 3 less strength.
A Troll breaks away from a Goblin with tents 5/6 times even though it has 3 more strength.

Shadowing
A Gutter Runner escapes from a Gutter Runner with shadowing 5/6 times because they're equal MA
A Norse Lineman escapes from a Gutter Runner with Shadowing 2/6 times because they have 3 less MA
A Gutter Runner escapes from a Norse Lineman with Shadowing 5/6 even though they have 3 more MA

The strength/movement advantage now only works one way. Being stronger/faster only helps you to hold someone or follow them. It no longer helps you to escape or break away. It's nonsense.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

You make a good case. From your analysis, they could have made this better.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

May somebody do a % table with the removal odds of new Claws + MB please?
I'm curious to compare the odds with current Clawmb (a comparison table with two parallel % for new Claws + Mb and current Clawmb).

Last edited by MattDakka on Aug 04, 2020 - 18:14; edited 1 time in total
sebco

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

We're still missing some informations to do it, no?

Page with Claw description has been revealed but not page with Mighty Blow nor page with Piling On (which could be modified from BB 2016 version).

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

If they dont redesign piling on i hope they just remove it. Its a waste of wordcount atm.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 18:23
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

SquirrelDude wrote:
It's taken me longer than I'd like to admit after making those shadowing and tents tables to recognize how counter intuitive the rules are. To show that with some examples.

Tents
A Troll breaks away from a Troll with tents 5/6 times because they're equal strength
A Goblin breaks away from a Troll with tents 2/6 times because it has 3 less strength.
A Troll breaks away from a Goblin with tents 5/6 times even though it has 3 more strength.

Shadowing
A Gutter Runner escapes from a Gutter Runner with shadowing 5/6 times because they're equal MA
A Norse Lineman escapes from a Gutter Runner with Shadowing 2/6 times because they have 3 less MA
A Gutter Runner escapes from a Norse Lineman with Shadowing 5/6 even though they have 3 more MA

The strength/movement advantage now only works one way. Being stronger/faster only helps you to hold someone or follow them. It no longer helps you to escape or break away. It's nonsense.

Isn’t that just the effect of natural 6s though? Happens a lot in the game Where rolls that should be unlikely succeed on a 6.

I may be reading it wrong though. Can’t make it out myself so going off second hand information

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Weresquid

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Isn’t that just the effect of natural 6s though? Happens a lot in the game Where rolls that should be unlikely succeed on a 6.

I may be reading it wrong though. Can’t make it out myself so going off second hand information

The problem is its a 6+ with even stats, so you get nothing out of a stat advantage when trying to escape.

Not a huge problem IMO, but not very intuitive.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for this, missed the Time Wasting, that's potentially very game changing... Surprised
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 19:02
FUMBBL Staff

Weresquid wrote:
mister__joshua wrote:

The problem is its a 6+ with even stats, so you get nothing out of a stat advantage when trying to escape.

Not a huge problem IMO, but not very intuitive.

But you don’t get an advantage because it couldn’t be any easier? It’s already a 5/6 chance to escape with even stats?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum

Last edited by mister__joshua on Aug 04, 2020 - 19:06; edited 1 time in total
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 19:05
FUMBBL Staff

Verminardo wrote:
Thanks for this, missed the Time Wasting, that's potentially very game changing... Surprised

Garion says there’s nothing written about the punishment for time wasting, but one of the vids I watched said there was a chance for the crowd to throw a rock at the player. This would make sense as throw a rock is removed from the KO table, and it would make sense aesthetically. Not sure where that info was from though. Maybe a translation?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
JuggerGonzo

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I will miss shadowing.
Kzarik

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
very suprised to see The Postman get love, I thought that was truly awful. whereas most of the others are good in their own special way Smile

Of the films listed, Postman was my favorite by a wide margin. Enjoyed the premise, the music, the characters were mostly believable for motivations and had solid acting jobs all around. Story had some odd quirks and could see some saying it was resolved too neatly, but I love a good "Good triumphs Evil" story.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Verminardo wrote:

Garion says there’s nothing written about the punishment for time wasting, but one of the vids I watched said there was a chance for the crowd to throw a rock at the player. This would make sense as throw a rock is removed from the KO table, and it would make sense aesthetically. Not sure where that info was from though. Maybe a translation?

I've looked hard, i believe this rock thing is just pure speculation. I suspect there will be some sort of punishement , but there is literally nothing to go off yet