13 coaches online • Server time: 07:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Best Post Apocalyptic flop?
Waterworld
33%
 33%  [ 66 ]
Salute of the Jugger (called The Blood of heroes in some regions)
15%
 15%  [ 31 ]
The Postman
14%
 14%  [ 28 ]
Dredd (not the sly stallone one)
24%
 24%  [ 48 ]
Deathrace 2000
6%
 6%  [ 13 ]
Deathsport
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Cyborg
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 195

Mingoose

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2020 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if these costs are for purchasing skills on team creation. That would make more sense. If you had an option to simply purchase a +ST stat upgrade it would need to cost way more than a rolled stat upgrade. It would also make the random skills make a little more sense. Got a spare 10k? Get a random skill instead of a FF/Coach/Cheerleader.
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2020 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

80K for +ST? That is horrible!

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2020 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

I'm not sure. I need to see all the rules, and work it out properly.

If we are buying skills maybe 40 for the +ag or 20 for +Ma are really the worrying ones?

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2020 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll take some +Ma at 20k thanks.

If strength is going to 80k, it will make existing strong stuff more valuable. Maybe I'll get the ogre for my hummies then.
Mingoose

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2020 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Muff2n wrote:

If you are limited to 1 pre-purchased thing per player would you really take +MA for 20k? I mean it isn't a bad choice, but where would it really be OP at 20k? And remember no MA10...

Also for +AG at 40k, I think they may be thinking the same cost is actually higher seeing that the PA stat was pulled out. But to me these new rules overestimate the ability to pass. Seems like a no brainier to throw that on.

Another interesting thing is 10k for +AV. Does that cost make it worthwhile? If I am a human coach I may throw it on my three designated linos, maybe help them absorb some hits.
Joe1982

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2020 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Mingoose wrote:
Muff2n wrote:

If you are limited to 1 pre-purchased thing per player would you really take +MA for 20k? I mean it isn't a bad choice, but where would it really be OP at 20k? And remember no MA10...

Also for +AG at 40k, I think they may be thinking the same cost is actually higher seeing that the PA stat was pulled out. But to me these new rules overestimate the ability to pass. Seems like a no brainier to throw that on.

Another interesting thing is 10k for +AV. Does that cost make it worthwhile? If I am a human coach I may throw it on my three designated linos, maybe help them absorb some hits.

This is all speculation, of course, but for 10k it would be a solid pick on 3 AV 7 linos.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2020 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be a superb pick on almost any team for 3 linos. Block would still compete of course.
Maybe not worthwhile for runts (snotlings).

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2020 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice for Skellies. they become faster Thick Skull Zombies for 10k
Thelovelyfool

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2020 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Necro team minis revealed: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/07/terrifying-touchdowns-from-beyond-the-grave/

Still nothing on the stats of the team though, but Wraiths confirmed!
Muff2n

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2020 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Mingoose wrote:

Definitely on my thrower. And AV on the linemen and potentially the blitzers too if it can be fit in at some point.
AzraelEVA

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2020 - 07:59 Reply with quote Back to top

On the Prayers to Nuffle Table
14 Throw a Rock until the end of the drive should an opposing player stall roll a d6 on a +5 an angry fan launches a rock on that player. this player is immediately knocked down.
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2020 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

So as that table is triggered by the Cheering Fans result (5/36), and that result is is 1/16, then the chance of it being in play in any given drive is roughly 1/115.

Which means it's not going to be appearing enough to be game-changing in the way that many speculated.
dolphinandrew

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2020 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
spubbbba wrote:

Do we know the cost for +AG?

from the burry image looks like 40k still

It's a very Grim-Dark image Smile
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2020 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

That was my reaction at first, too. On teams without Guard access, it seems hella expensive. But like, a +ST Wardancer is still a boss. IDK...+ST isn't quite the no brainer it is in the overwhelming cases any longer but...yeah, that's a lot of TV.
SquirrelDude

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2020 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

New rules for Leap Skill

During their movement, instead of jumping over a single square that is occupied by a Prone or Stunned player, as described on page 45, a player with this Skill may choose to Leap over any single adjacent square, including unoccupied square and squares occupied by Standing players.

Additionally, this player may reduce any negative modifier applied to the Agility test when they attempt to Jump over a Prone or Stunned player, or to Leap over an empty square or a square occupied by a minimum Standing player by 1, to a minimum of -1.

A player with this Skill cannot have the Pogo Stick trait.

New Rules for Pogo Stick Trait

During their movement, instead off jumping over a single square that is occupied by a Prone or Stunned player, as described on page 45, a player with this Trait may choose to leap over any adjacent square, including unoccupied squares and square occupied by Standing players.

Additionally, when this player makes and Agility test to Jump over a Prone or Stunned player, or to Leap over an empty square or a square occupied by a Standing player, they may ignore any negative modifiers that would normally be applied for being Marked in the square they jumped or leaped from and/or for being Marked in the square they have jumped or leaped into.

A player with this Trait cannot also have the Leap skill.

Jumping over Prone or Stunned Players
Once during their activation, a moving player can attempt to Jump over a single adjacent square that is occupied by a Prone or Stunned player, into an unoccupied square beyond. The squares the active player can attempt to Jump into willl depend upon the direction in which they are moving. [diagrams]

Jumping/Leaping uses movement like beffore.

* The agility test is made after jumping player has been moved, Rushing first if necessary
* Apply a negative modifier equal to the number off players that were Marking the jumping player in the square they jumped from or equal to the number of players that are Marking the jumping player in the square they have jumped into, whichever is the greatest. For example, if a player jumps from a square in which they are Marked by one player into a square in which they are being Marked by two players, a -2 modifier is applied.
* You don't have to dodge

If you are jumping from and to open squares, there isn't a modifier for being Marked, but there's probably some other stuff.

If the Agility test is failed, the jumping player will Fall Over int he square they have jumped into. If, however, the Agility test is failed on a natural 1, the jumping player is placed back in the square they were trying to Jump from and they will Fall Over in that square
 Jump to: