31 coaches online • Server time: 11:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Best Post Apocalyptic flop?
Waterworld
33%
 33%  [ 66 ]
Salute of the Jugger (called The Blood of heroes in some regions)
15%
 15%  [ 31 ]
The Postman
14%
 14%  [ 28 ]
Dredd (not the sly stallone one)
24%
 24%  [ 48 ]
Deathrace 2000
6%
 6%  [ 13 ]
Deathsport
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Cyborg
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 195

SquirrelDude

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2020 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Fumblerooskie is a passing skill, and a huge swath of players lost access to that skill group entirely. All the players with it as secondary access have more important skills like guard, mighty blow, block, and dodge to be taking with their secondary skill choice ahead of fumblerooskie.

It could maybe be a pickup on throwers after block/On the Ball/Leader and maybe some +MA or dodge. Redrafting will probably make getting to that theoretical point much more difficult.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2020 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Pact will be the new rooskie team
JackH

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2020 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Fumbleroskie would be good on the orc team with throwers animosity.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2020 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:

Pact don't have P access any more, except on a 0-1 thrower, and on doubles on the dark elf and goblin.

on a side note they dont have S access on their linemen anymore either.

JackH wrote:
Fumbleroskie would be good on the orc team with throwers animosity.

yeah good shout

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2020 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Pact lost passing access on everyone but the human thrower as a primary and dark elf/goblin renegades as a secondary.

Also, I earlier posted a passing chart based on the new rules. Here is an updated version that adjusts to the following pieces of information
  • Strong arm can only be taken by players with TTM
  • Modified dice results can end up being less than 1 ("What can possibly go wrong" pg 29.)

Quick reminder that the new rules for wildly inaccurate are that "If, when making the Passing Ability test, the dice roll is a 1 after modifiers have been applied... yadda yadda"

If these are rules as written at release, I would expect there to be a very short turnaround on errata. It's fair to call the rule outright broken in this leaked edition.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2020 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

SquirrelDude wrote:

Also, I earlier posted a passing chart based on the new rules. Here is an updated version that adjusts to the following pieces of information
  • Modified dice results can end up being less than 1 ("What can possibly go wrong" pg 29.)

Quick reminder that the new rules for wildly inaccurate are that "If, when making the Passing Ability test, the dice roll is a 1 after modifiers have been applied... yadda yadda"

***image snip***

If these are rules as written at release, I would expect there to be a very short turnaround on errata. It's fair to call the rule outright broken in this leaked edition.

wow I hadn't even considered that, that is pretty dumb.

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2020 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Outright broken?
I don't know current passing rules particularly well, what do you mean?
Muff2n

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2020 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I expect the dice cannot be modified below a 1. But what I don't like is that it is impossible to get an inaccurate pass from a 2+ Pa player.
SquirrelDude

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2020 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Muff2n wrote:
Well I expect the dice cannot be modified below a 1. But what I don't like is that it is impossible to get an inaccurate pass from a 2+ Pa player.

Page 29 specifically lays out an example for how a player with agility 1+ can fail a roll after modifiers because the modified roll of a 2 will be a 0.

Sp00keh wrote:
Outright broken?
I don't know current passing rules particularly well, what do you mean?

The rules as currently written make it so that PA 1+ does absolutely nothing to help you and also make it so that by running into more tacklezones and trying a more difficult pass you can make it impossible to be wildly inaccurate.

The rule will have to get errata very quickly, and the errata is pretty simple. Just change the rule to

If, when the Passing Ability test is failed, the dice roll is a 1 or less after modifiers... yadda yadda.

Last edited by SquirrelDude on Aug 12, 2020 - 18:49; edited 3 times in total
Christer

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2020 - 18:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
SquirrelDude wrote:

***image snip***

wow I hadn't even considered that, that is pretty dumb.

I would be very surprised if the intent wasn't "modified roll of 1 or less". It makes zero sense to interpret it as exactly 1 and have the strange situation where a lower roll is better. Much like the AV injury which increases armour if used as-written.
Niessuh

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2020 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Mingoose wrote:
Niessuh wrote:
OMG, fumblerooskie counts just as a move action, so you could drop the ball in the floor several times in a turn. Who needs passing!

Broke AF. No way this isn’t limited to one per turn.

It's really not broken. I don't think people are gonna spend their tv on this situational skill. It's not good value for tv for most teams.

I think it'll get some use. A tier2 skill imo

You just need this skill in any team with two sure hands throwers. Its the cheapest, safest and better way to move the ball now.
Niessuh

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2020 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

edit

Last edited by Niessuh on Aug 13, 2020 - 11:17; edited 1 time in total
Grod

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2020 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Another tactical advantage of fumblrooskie - it can be used as part of a blitz action - which a hand off cannot. So you could blitz the ball carrier, pick up the ball (or accidentally catch it), move it out safely then leave on the ground for another team mate to continue with in one action. Or the ball carrier could blitz to free a team mate and leave the ball for him to pick up.

Oscar Wilde
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Niessuh wrote:
Garion wrote:
Mingoose wrote:
Niessuh wrote:
OMG, fumblerooskie counts just as a move action, so you could drop the ball in the floor several times in a turn. Who needs passing!

Broke AF. No way this isn’t limited to one per turn.

It's really not broken. I don't think people are gonna spend their tv on this situational skill. It's not good value for tv for most teams.

I think it'll get some use. A tier2 skill imo

You just need this skill in any team with two sure hands throwers. Its the cheapest, safest and better way to move the ball now.

The cheapest safest way to move the ball is still to run with the ball and never give it up, next up is handing off to an ag4 player preferably with catch. Neither of which cost a P skill (a double for most players), and an early skill slot gone.

If you take 2 throwers with sure hands I don't think they're very efficient, they are now over costed because the price hike they got, and you are only really talking about skaven throwers where I'd want gutter runners on the ball and human throwers where it could be considered though I'd still argue it's suboptimal, then there is orcs who would arguably benefit the most from this strategy but you can no longer fit a thrower in your starting roster (assuming you take the sensible 4 big un 4 blitzer build). And I deffo wouldn't be saving up for 2 of them. A SH blitzer would do me.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

sebco wrote:
Another little changement : reroll gained thanks to Brilliant Coaching result on the Kick-Off Event table only can be used during the drive (or is lost).

We'll have to keep track of 3 different types of re-rolls : team classic one-s, leader one, brillant coaching one (and sometimes will have to chose between leader or brilliant coaching one).

Lord Borak has a special rule about team Reroll that you can also keep track of separately.
If he's removed from play the RR is lost (like leader) except it's once per game not per half

There's a few other Star Player special rerolls too, with various restrictions
 Jump to: