41 coaches online • Server time: 18:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2020 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Checking the new rosters here: https://fumbbl.com/help:BB20RaceStrategy
I just noticed that Chaos Chosen can now be aligned to a specific Chaos God or just being Undivided, that sounds cool.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2020 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I noticed that. Same for Chaos Renegades
Nurgle roster is Favoured of Nurgle

Favoured seems to only affect the Inducements you can take

Favoured of Nurgle means your 'inducement apoth' is called a Plague Doctor (Igor is now Mortuary Assistant - both of these let you reroll a failed Regen)

Lord Borak will play for any team with 'Favoured of ...'
So it doesnt seem like it has much real effect yet, but is there for future expansion, eg keeping a door open for Daemons of Khorne or other themed stuff
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
The elephant in the room

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
garyt1

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Fluff teams who are making a story of a franchise are almost completely unaffected by this - seasons render a team more immortal than any other rule before.

That is crazy talk! Genuinely.
You are perhaps looking more at it from a view point of preferring a very even season/match point of view, particularly on tournaments. Rather than the point of view of having some player background and a group of players that evolve, and are killed off irregularly, with time. The big, old teams often are not actually having that great record. Bar those regular tournament entrants.

I did once play someone who complained massively about playing my ogres, due to them having a lot of games played. Despite the fact he had a far better team. So I do see some don't like it. But I don't think we should really remove so much optionality from fumbbl with little caps and quite short periods. League division is for leagues..

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Fluff teams who are making a story of a franchise are almost completely unaffected by this - seasons render a team more immortal than any other rule before.

You are perhaps looking more at it from a view point of preferring a very even season/match point of view, particularly on tournaments. Rather than the point of view of having some player background and a group of players that evolve, and are killed off irregularly, with time. The big, old teams often are not actually having that great record. Bar those regular tournament entrants.

No it's genuinely what it is - your team will simply always be building and rebuilding. Players can heal from some injuries, players retire, players die, new players emerge. Each season is a new story.

The team is immortal. Team.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:

No it's genuinely what it is - your team will simply always be building and rebuilding. Players can heal from some injuries, players retire, players die, new players emerge. Each season is a new story.

The team is immortal. Team.

That is some strange usage of the phrase "almost completely unaffected by" that I wasn't previously aware of. Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

That is some strange usage of the phrase "almost completely unaffected by" that I wasn't previously aware of. Wink

I did say "a story of a franchise", perhaps you missed that bit while looking up your dictionary.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

I did say "a story of a franchise", perhaps you missed that bit while looking up your dictionary.

I still don't see where you get "almost completely unaffected by". It is obviously going to be a very different story.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
koadah wrote:

I still don't see where you get "almost completely unaffected by". It is obviously going to be a very different story.

Because a franchise based fluff team isn't focusing on the individuals that make it up, but the growth, declines and regrowth and the results of the team. I thought it was pretty clear.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
koadah wrote:

Because a franchise based fluff team isn't focusing on the individuals that make it up, but the growth, declines and regrowth and the results of the team. I thought it was pretty clear.

Nope. Not clear at all. Players are part of the franchise. Why would we think the history would not mention the players?

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 03:31 Reply with quote Back to top

What do you think of this idea? The 1350 rebuy cap only applies to team value, and anything in excess of that can only be used for agent fees. Keeps the TV in check without affecting long term players as drastically.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 03:51 Reply with quote Back to top

pielover101 wrote:
What do you think of this idea? The 1350 rebuy cap only applies to team value, and anything in excess of that can only be used for agent fees. Keeps the TV in check without affecting long term players as drastically.

That defeats the purpose of having player fees that go up by 20k each season
thoralf

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Players are part of the franchise.

Cattle die,
kinsmen die
you yourself die;
I know one thing
which never dies:
the judgment of a commenter's life.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 06:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be in favour of C being a fresh start and it being the home of CR calculations. All R and B teams currently get moved to League with an option for the coach to move them to C if they wish.

League then also gets a scheduler as well as C.
Danish_Dan

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to throw in my two cents as a relatively casual player who has been into ranked, black box and league at various times. I also recently took part in the SWL, which was my first time trying seasons, and although apprehensive about the idea at first, I really enjoyed it.

I understand that there are some people here that love the massive TV teams, 100+ game legends and never ending progression except when players die.

I don't. I like to watch the big games sometimes as spectator, but honestly it is mainly in the hope that someone important dies, to bring those big bullies down a bit.

I like to take part in tournaments sometimes, XFL, GLT and I managed to get to the last 16 of the Fumbbl cup. I play with my highest TV teams, but 90% of my games I'm getting 300-500k of inducements. When on top of this I'm playing top coaches, the fun falls off quite a bit. I mean, give me 25 skills any day instead of 500k inducements.

100+ games for one team is not something I can invest my time in, and when I see the teams that win the big majors, I feel like I'll never have a chance, so I'm generally not very motivated to enter. I understand that some people (and based on comments, it sometimes feels like a lot of people) want to keep that 132 game rotter. I don't think these rules are made to stop him, I don't mind him being there, he's a funny anomaly, although unimportant for the on-the-field play. I think the rules are to stop the 135 game bloater with block, guard, mighty blow, tackle, stand firm, tentacles. No-one wants to face him. And I don't really want to spend the first 15 mins of my game holding shift and marking skills.

What I would like, is that I play 20-25 games with my team, then enter a tournament with decent parity, give my team a great end of season before redrafting a couple of players I really like. And I believe that this is why BBT has been so successful, because it is kind of the same idea. This is what I did in SWL (although TV caps were quite a bit higher, I built my team from 1350k to 1980k in 11 games). This was fun. As Arrested Development said, the team lives on, the players change.
 Jump to: