102 coaches online • Server time: 21:24
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New passing rules an...goto Post A Short & Sweet ...goto Post Ruleset changes
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2020 - 07:56 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
Sounds like the new rules will lead to less stalling and time management as it will be comparatively harder to cage for extended periods. Sounds like a good change to me, but I'm sure some people will have a different view.

With the examples above shown by Grod, this is the game changer. Stalling will become incredibly dangerous unless you near pitch clear the opposition and wood elf coaches who are perhaps lamenting the nerf to Leap need to realise that their entire team are now mini-wardancers.

Defensive tactics now need a complete rethink... BB2020 is a completely new game and TD's will become much more prevalent. This then means the spp equations and rate of skill ups accelerate and hence this impacts the entire other debate about TV and TV caps and season redrafts.

I dont think we really have fully started to comprehend the whole system of BB2020 but I think it all starts with this jump mechanic.
Frowny

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2020 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Can you only jump once per turn? It would still be strong but then elves can't flood the backfield over a downed loss.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2020 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Frowny wrote:
Can you only jump once per turn? It would still be strong but then elves can't flood the backfield over a downed loss.

Anyone can jump at any time...
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2020 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

This is the final nail in the coffin for the Ziggurat defense. Both the "trap" formation with diagonal players to protect the rear one, and the idea of using trash to clog up the middle are rendered obsolete by these rules, and there really is no such thing as good sideline defense anymore, given the 0-2 players in the wide zones rules. Except maybe elves can defend elves by putting Side Step in the wide zone. Everyone else just has to maul them into an early score and needs Nuffle's help to be competitive.

Congratulations, GW. You tried to sink Blood Bowl by not supporting it, but that failed. Maybe this opposite tack, "supporting" it with game-breaking rules changes, will finally kill this monster.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2020 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest I don't see how jumping will really stop stalling in the way that caging will be less viable using a strong and slow team. Tight cages will still be strong and you will have to deal with them roughly the same as before.

Jumping will make it easier to dodge into a loose cage or screen which in my opinion is good since those kind of cages can be very difficult to deal with against agile and fast opponents.

The tight cage is not too difficult to deal with, usually as the players in such cages are either slow or low agility or both.

If the offensive team have no real intention to score then it is at a seriously disadvantage in player positioning, especially if you are forced to use tight cages who are difficult to move in a coherent manner without loosing cohesion.

Jumping will open up opportunities for a defensive team to put more pressure on the offensive team and that I see as a positive change. At the same time it also make it harder to stop an offensive drive to get through a screen which also is good as it opens up the game on both offence and defence.

The fact that bodies on the ground don't block movement anymore is really great for the game overall.
 Jump to: