41 coaches online • Server time: 11:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
Not sure I follow, and it's probably my fault to be fair.

So a PA 1+ rolls a 3 on a long bomb = 3-3 = 0 = Wildly Inaccurate?

Therefore roll of 1 = fumble, roll of 2-3 = WI, 4+ = accurate?

Correct

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

IIRC it would be

1 = fumble
2-3 inaccurate (the modified results are not 1s but -1 and 0)
4 wildly inaccurate (a modified roll of 1)
5-6 accurate

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Watch the video java. It clears up that modified result of 1 or less is Wildly inaccurate

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=HTmlBNADHXI

Last edited by Garion on Nov 20, 2020 - 22:43; edited 1 time in total
CAB

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
IIRC it would be

1 = fumble
2-3 inaccurate (the modified results are not 1s but -1 and 0)
4 wildly inaccurate (a modified roll of 1)
5-6 accurate

That is how the rules are written yes... but that does not mean how it actually works. Time will tell I guess. Sad
sebco

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Watch the video java. It clears up that modified result of 1 or less is Wildly inaccurate

That's what they say in the video but that's not what is written in the book.

If wildly inaccurate passes really are on a 1- (and not only on an exact 1), in my opinion :
-passing is harder than what I've tested and that's a pity
-they need to specify that in an FAQ 'cause this video can't be used by refs in a tourney for example

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

sebco wrote:

That's what they say in the video but that's not what is written in the book.

If wildly inaccurate passes really are on a 1- (and not only on an exact 1), in my opinion :
-passing is harder than what I've tested and that's a pity
-they need to specify that in an FAQ 'cause this video can't be used by refs in a tourney for example

It also mean passing have become way more unreliable than in the current version even for dedicated throwers and I don't think that was warranted.

If this is the case it should have been on a a result lower than one but I think that as written in the book was just fine.
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

Lets hope we get a quick errata and then we can all agree it is horrible since not even Punting got a buff! Very Happy
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

So on a long bomb, a good thrower is more likely to wildly inaccurate than just inaccurate, which seems like madness. It's more likely that the ball will go behind the thrower than narrowly miss the catcher
Java

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

This is just brilliant. You couldn't make it up. I want a mosaic of posts and comments saying "passing is better now" around the quote from the video explaining how wildly inaccurate works.

In black Comic Sans over a white background, if possible.
CAB

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

If it works like they say in the video it means a 2+ or better thrower will NEVER throw an inaccurate pass ever. Every pass thrown will either be accurate or wildly inaccurate or a Fumble on a natural "1".
Patdragon

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah good someone already posted the link. Guess we have their rules as intended now.
det

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

So now wildy inaccurate is worse than a fumble.
Couple of pages ago it wasn't...well, what can you do? Opinion changes Wink
sebco

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2020 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I will still wait to be sure about wildly inaccurate passes rules as I already spotted some mistakes in their videos (some players pushed in the crowd while there were some eligible squares on the pitch in the blocking video and assists counted for fouls while assisting players were marked in the foul video).

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2020 - 07:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I find it interesting that in her script she says fumble is even worse than wildly inaccurate. Which is obviously nonsense.

Tbh regardless of which way the rule ends up being; passing is really poor in this edition. Bottom line is WIP should not exist in its current form. Its a stupid rule.

If the design goal of this edition was to make passing more important but only viable on key players; then again regardless of how WIP turns out they failed. Its not tv efficient, its not tactically efficient, it requires too many skills in an edition where the vast majority of players will not get more than 2 skills. Putting a dash on too many players is just anti fun, no need to stop people creating a zombie passing team if they want. Or to stop those funny memorable moments where a TG throws a long bomb to another TG who catches it and scores. These are the stand out memories people have of playing.

So on the passing side of things yeah its a mess, and a big failure of design imo.

However its a tiny part of the game and who really passed anyway. Yes its a shame but on the whole the edition still looks fun to me and there are lots of parts I'm really looking forward to trying out

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2020 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
However its a tiny part of the game and who really passed anyway. Yes its a shame but on the whole the edition still looks fun to me and there are lots of parts I'm really looking forward to trying out

Fortunately now we have fumblerooskie! The Rugbybowl era begins!
 Jump to: