38 coaches online • Server time: 09:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx for the work Christer (and also all others involved). Question: Will the total of games played show up on the teams roster? Or just always the 15 from the season?
Recalculate

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work all. Quick question though: Why will Slann only be available for L play? They were a NAF approved team for 2016 and prior, and are NAF approved again (along with Khorne) for BB2020. Shouldn't they be ported along with all the other teams? Otherwise there will be lots of sad frogs out there.
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for the communication and hard work Christer!

Given for the first re-draft there will teams that might only have 3 games as well as those with 300 games I would like to suggest you set the redraft budget for all teams to say they had played 15 games. Otherwise it seems a big penalty for people that only play occasionally, or only play some teams occasionally.

As it stands any team with less than a ten games might as well be a new team.

On the Strict vs Open my suggestion would be that if during re-draft the team has played all there last 15 games in Box they have the option to swap over. Also what happens if a Box team enters a mixed tournament? Do they lose Strict status if they play an open team in one round?

Lyracian.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Recalculate wrote:
Great work all. Quick question though: Why will Slann only be available for L play? They were a NAF approved team for 2016 and prior, and are NAF approved again (along with Khorne) for BB2020. Shouldn't they be ported along with all the other teams?

Christer said in his blog this:
"Slann teams are no longer official and will not be able to migrate into the new competitive division. These teams will be able to move into L instead (and will therefore not be forced into re-drafting)."
Christer said that he wants to stick as close as possible to the official BB rules, so Slann had to be removed from the official teams' pool allowed in the Competitive division. You can play Slann only in League division.
dabassman

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all: thank you Christer and team!

Second: sorry if this is not the right place to mention (I don't use discord) but Snotlings and Trolls (from Snotling teams) don't seem to convert.
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 13:45
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

pielover101 wrote:
The main thing that jumps out to me is the spp conversion rates.

This is a good point, and my immediate reaction would be to base it off of the SPP for a chosen primary. That list is the closest match to the current SPP rate and should give a more reasonable conversion.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

That was my original thought too Christer
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

dabassman wrote:

Second: sorry if this is not the right place to mention (I don't use discord) but Snotlings and Trolls (from Snotling teams) don't seem to convert.

What do you mean they don't convert?

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Christer said that he wants to stick as close as possible to the official BB rules, so Slann had to be removed from the official teams' pool allowed in the Competitive division. You can play Slann only in League division.

That's a bit sad in my opinion. Why are NAF approved teams suddenly not official enough where they were before? Hopefully we see this relaxed a bit as things get underway and we see how all the teams shake out in competitive settings.
dabassman

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
dabassman wrote:

What do you mean they don't convert?

I mean I get these kind of lines when I enter my Snotling team into Christer's migration step preview:

"4 Sollix Troll (13687032/38137) has an invalid position and can not be converted."

"5 Judah Kaitch Snotling (13706005/38132) has an invalid position and can not be converted."
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Recalculate wrote:
That's a bit sad in my opinion. Why are NAF approved teams suddenly not official enough where they were before?.

Because BB and all the teams are GW's IPs and GW has the legal rights to decide which teams keep and remove from the game. NAF can't decide which official teams can be played or not (apart from NAF sanctioned tournaments, of course).

Last edited by MattDakka on Nov 30, 2020 - 15:15; edited 1 time in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Recalculate wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

That's a bit sad in my opinion. Why are NAF approved teams suddenly not official enough where they were before? Hopefully we see this relaxed a bit as things get underway and we see how all the teams shake out in competitive settings.

They weren't official enough because they were NAF approved (which is why Brettonians and Daemons of Khorne were never added to the competitive divisions). They were official enough because (at the same time as Chaos Pact and Underworld) GW said they approved them but didn't have models so wouldn't add them to the rulebook.

Now, GW has removed that approval from Slann (while retaining Underworld and Chaos Pact).
Recalculate

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
They weren't official enough because they were NAF approved (which is why Brettonians and Daemons of Khorne were never added to the competitive divisions). They were official enough because (at the same time as Chaos Pact and Underworld) GW said they approved them but didn't have models so wouldn't add them to the rulebook.

Really? I had no idea that GW officially acknowledged Slann in bloodbowl anywhere post 2nd edition, which document was this in? I learn something everyday! Still, I think it is a shame to see them go. Hopefully they are still tourney regulars (well, as regular as they ever were!).
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Recalculate wrote:
That's a bit sad in my opinion. Why are NAF approved teams suddenly not official enough where they were before?.

Because BB and all the teams are GW's IPs and GW has the legal rights to decide which teams keep and remove from the game. NAF can't decide which official teams can be played or not (apart from NAF sanctioned tournaments, of course).

Of course Fumbbl is a "Fantasy Football" site and not a Bloodbowl site though.

And runs NAF-approved tournaments.

Not having NAF-approved races in the competitive division means adhering to the rules of a company that wants you gone instead of helping a worldwide organization that wants you alive and well (and that kept believing in the game when mother GW didnt).

Ah well. Christer already made his choice on this so I guess that's how it's gonna be.

Last edited by JanMattys on Nov 30, 2020 - 16:16; edited 2 times in total
Recalculate

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Of course Fumbbl is a "Fantasy Football" site and not a Bloodbowl site though.
Not having NAF approved races in the competitive division means adhering to the rules of a company that wants you gone instead of helping a worldwide organization that wants you alive and well (and that kept believing in the game when mother GW didnt).

Hear hear!
 Jump to: