46 coaches online • Server time: 17:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you think the New BB2020 Necromantic Horror are less powerfull than in the past?
Yes
46%
 46%  [ 14 ]
No
36%
 36%  [ 11 ]
The same
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 30

argos_72

Post 5 Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Since some time I have startet to learn the usage of Necromantic Horror and now I reached a medium experience.

Now with the new BB2020 rule a lot of change impact such team. I do not understand how strategically I can manage this.
First headache the starting team composition:
With the cost increase of +5k for the Ghoul (75k), Blitzer (now wraith) 95k wherewolf 125k and flesh golem 115k , to start a league with a decent team (2 werewolf, 2 Flesh Golem, 2 Wraiths, 5 Zombies) you can only have 1 RR!

How to use Wraiths a part blocking is a mistery. Also their cost is a mistery for a player who cannot pick up the ball! It is a light version of a Mummy, he cannot do anything than block... block.. and block. With "no hands" what else can he do??
Zombie are now more useless than in the past.

So you start the match with maybe 2 players who can launch the ball and that's it. or maybe you decide to get rid of one Wraith and purchase a Ghoul (which usually has the duration of a meteor in the sky with his 7 AV).

To be honest better return to the Shambling Undead!

There is something am I missing or this team definitively is something too much complex to manage and which I have to forget?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

• 1 Werewolf
• 2 Flesh Golems
• 2 Wraiths
• 6 Zombies
• 3 RR
• Total 995k

Werewolf carries the ball and skills up fast to Blodge.
Get the 2nd Werewolf asap, score with him and level up fast.
Wraiths take Guard, MB, Tackle.
Flesh Golems take Block, Guard, MB.
Buy Zombies up to 13 players when you have gold.
Nothing complex, their gameplay should be not much more different than old Necro.
If you want you can add a Ghoul but then you will struggle to level up the Werewolves (due to spreading the TD SPPs), who are better players by far.

Last edited by MattDakka on Nov 30, 2020 - 23:54; edited 2 times in total
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Bit of a gamble with only 1 real ball carrier. He gets hit and your playing Zombie-ball. Think you need a ghoul in there somewhere
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The idea is keeping the Werewolf protected while he carries the ball. It should not be too hard at low TV.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

With 1 Ghoul:

• 1 Werewolf
• 2 Flesh Golems
• 2 Wraiths
• 1 Ghoul
• 5 Zombies
• 2 RR
• Total 960

drawback: only 2 rrs, if you use the Ghoul to carry the ball the Werewolf will skill up more slowly, and Ghoul is a worse player than a Werewolf, so skilling up the Werewolf should be higher priority. On top of that, you should skill up not just 1, but 2 Werewolves, ideally, so using a Ghoul as ball carrier will delay the Werewolves' development (remember that there is no MVP nomination in BB2020 and a season lasts 15 games).

Last edited by MattDakka on Nov 30, 2020 - 23:59; edited 2 times in total
argos_72

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Your opponent will do whatever to KO's the Werewolf. And without Werewolf you cannot do anything with the useless Wraiths who cannot even pick up the ball....
I do not ask for such a team to make brillant pass, but give "no hands" to the Wraith is too much. Foul Appearance does not compensate at all the terrible lost not to be able to bring the ball anymore. Your opponent will know since the beginning who will be the ball keaper. So he will focus only on this player. Useless to try to go with a Wraith on the sidelines ... you cannot generate an alteriative to your gameplay.

To be honest Undeads seems now uch more versatiles than the Necro.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I played starting Necro with 1 Werewolf, it's doable. At TV 1000 it's not hard to protect him.
And if you think that Undead suit you better well, play them. Very Happy
Maybe you didn't realize it but Wraiths are better than Wights and Wights never were good ball carriers due to MA 6.
With Side Step Wraiths can go along the side lines and assist crowdsurfs without being surfed.
If they get Dodge they are really annoying.
argos_72

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2020 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
I played starting Necro with 1 Werewolf, it's doable. At TV 1000 it's not hard to protect him.
And if you think that Undead suit you better well, play them. Very Happy
Maybe you didn't realize it but Wraiths are better than Wights and Wights never were good ball carriers due to MA 6.
With Side Step Wraiths can go along the side lines and assist crowdsurfs without being surfed.
If they get Dodge they are really annoying.

Yes Side Step is nice skill. But having in your team a second ball keaper is important in my opinion to generate some game variants. Let's see in the real play. I have to admint I refrain to start the new BB Trophy with my new Necro team.... :-/
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2020 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

You can have 2 Werewolves, if you want, just not from game 1.
They are good ball carriers.
About the Box Trophy: if you talk about Trophy 5, the Necro team has still the Wights.
About the Zombies: they are not useless, considering that BB2020 fouling is better and Zombies are good foulers, because they are cheap.
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2020 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
• 1 Werewolf
• 2 Flesh Golems
• 2 Wraiths
• 6 Zombies
• 3 RR
• Total 995k

I shall give that a go when we get the updates. (BBT6 I guess). First couple of games are going to be difficult until you can get the second wolf.

argos_72 wrote:

Zombie are now more useless than in the past.

How many Zombies passes have you made? Sure it is a small nerf but so rare it ever comes up. Think I have only done it once.

argos_72 wrote:

To be honest better return to the Shambling Undead!

I do think the new rules makes them a better team.
CAB

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2020 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I also intend to start a new Necro team in our local league and it is the second team with both a Wolf and a Ghoul. For me it is too much of a gamble to go with only the Wolf. The Ghoul add some extra mobility to the team and is more secure than the Wolf in a starting team.

I also like to to build up a Sneaky Git, DP Ghoul in this edition and I rather do this early than late... Wink
argos_72

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2020 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Lyracian wrote:

How many Zombies passes have you made? Sure it is a small nerf but so rare it ever comes up. Think I have only done it once.

I like Variant 4 of https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6NecromanticSetUp, so 5 zombies.
argos_72

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2020 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

considering that BB2020 fouling is better and Zombies are good foulers, because they are cheap.

looking pag 63 of BB2020 rulebook I have impression that fouling is the same of the current rules
With a double you are sent off.
with 1 your coach is sent off
with 6 the ref change his mind.
Assisting a foul is the same
I am for sure missing something... Smile Confused
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2020 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

argos_72 wrote:
I like Variant 4 of https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6NecromanticSetUp, so 5 zombies.

I think you are refering to starting team page here? https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6NecromanticSetUp

Unfortunately all the players cost more in BB2020 so you cannot take that as a starting team.

Also my question was how many times have you passed with a zombie not how many you will have on a starting team.

argos_72 wrote:

If you make AtC you are no longer sent off. Small buff. There is also Biased Ref the new inducement that can help.
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2020 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

argos_72 wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

considering that BB2020 fouling is better and Zombies are good foulers, because they are cheap.

looking pag 63 of BB2020 rulebook I have impression that fouling is the same of the current rules
With a double you are sent off.
with 1 your coach is sent off
with 6 the ref change his mind.
Assisting a foul is the same

you have. You have missed sneaky git.

as for the original question -

They are better in the hands of a good coach IMO. They are possibly harder for newer/less experienced coaches to "get"