46 coaches online • Server time: 10:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BeanBelly

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2020 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome all. NOW is the Golden Age of FUMBBL = )

Loads of useful info in the help page https://fumbbl.com/help:

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2020 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

For a newcomer to this game i quit!!!! It's so one sided the fun is taken out of any game played. I hope the newer players have more fun than I did.
jdm

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2020 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

On one hand, it's a shame to lose any coach. The dice aren't rigged. Yes, the game can be swung by dice but good players learn how to cope with bad rolls or minimise the impact.

On the other hand, you sure concede a lot and that is against site rules (which you agreed to when you signed up to use the site). Maybe a break might do you some good.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2020 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

'On one hand, it's a shame to lose any coach. The dice aren't rigged. Yes, the game can be swung by dice but good players learn how to cope with bad rolls or minimise the impact.'

I'm no great coach, however it doesnt matter how good a coach you are, when the rolls go completely against the run of the grain there's nothing you can do. I have jokingly said the Fummble platform decides which side to favour as the game starts and this seems to be the case.

'On the other hand, you sure concede a lot and that is against site rules (which you agreed to when you signed up to use the site). Maybe a break might do you some good.'

I you are able to see the game replay I have conceded on, you will notice a trend on dice analysis. My free time spent on here is supposed to be fun, these games were not! Therefore I conceded. If this breaks site rules, lock me out, I'm sure i wont be missed!!!
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2020 - 09:53
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Remix2912 wrote:
'On one hand, it's a shame to lose any coach. The dice aren't rigged. Yes, the game can be swung by dice but good players learn how to cope with bad rolls or minimise the impact.'

I'm no great coach, however it doesnt matter how good a coach you are, when the rolls go completely against the run of the grain there's nothing you can do. I have jokingly said the Fummble platform decides which side to favour as the game starts and this seems to be the case.

'On the other hand, you sure concede a lot and that is against site rules (which you agreed to when you signed up to use the site). Maybe a break might do you some good.'

I you are able to see the game replay I have conceded on, you will notice a trend on dice analysis. My free time spent on here is supposed to be fun, these games were not! Therefore I conceded. If this breaks site rules, lock me out, I'm sure i wont be missed!!!

whats this about? did you mean to post this?

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2020 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The dice are fine.

Here's what you gotta know.

Basically, you have to
Do non-dice moves first,
roll as few dice as possible,
plan for the dice to fail,
roll the dice in the correct order,
roll them with the most appropriate player,
pressure your opponent into rolling as many dice as possible.

As you improve as a coach the dice won't seem anywhere near as bad.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2020 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Remix2912 wrote:
My free time spent on here is supposed to be fun, these games were not! Therefore I conceded.

I would just ask that people think about their opponent in these situations. Many will have cleared out 90-120mins to play a game in their busy schedules. They get their game and 20-30 mins in their opponent concedes, there is now no longer time for another game. Through no fault of their own they lose what 'was supposed to be fun' for them.

My brief time on BB2 was marred by this with I reckon 1 in every 4 or 5 games ending in my opponent conceding (and I'm not a good player so in most cases it was for seemingly petty reasons).

The Fumbbl community is much much better (in 330ish games I've suffered 3 concession) and it should always be that way
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2020 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Remix2912 wrote:

Yes and not. Sometimes dice are terribly against you, sometimes dice incredibly favour you, most of times they are average.
That means that being a good coach makes the difference in most of the situations dice may put him in.
If that were not true and the games were decided by the FUMBBL client, then every coach would have an average win rate of 50%. But this doesn't happen, some coaches consistently win more than they lose, so there must be a coach's skill factor affecting the outcome of the games, not just dice.
Rodi_Digby

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2020 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello to everyone! Very Happy
I'm Rodi! I played this game some years ago with a friend; after a long time I wanted to give it another try, so here I am with a lot of grit and energy! Sorry for my macaronic English and I hope to play with you soon! Rolling Eyes
qpzil

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2020 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Everyone!
I've played BB2 for a long time, mostly against the AI, but with the new physical edition out, I want to get better at the game. Looking forward to learning!
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2020 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome!

Check out these guys.

They'll help you learn the ropes.

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2020 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everbody.
Technically I'm not new since I created this account 4 years ago. But back then I only played a couple of games before I stoped with BB.(I think I created more teams then I actually played games:))
So what brought me back? I guess it's a combination of me watching Queens Gambit on Netflix and me realising BB3 is announced and out pretty soon. I thought about buying the expansion pack for bb2 but with bb3 on the horizon I'm not sure how much money I want to invest in a couple of races, I'm not even sure I like, and that in a game that will be mostly dead in a couple of months. Right now I still trying to get back into the game with playing human on bb2 single and multiplayer. But as soon as I found some footing back in the game I would like to play something other then humans. Right now I'm mostly here to learn more about the game or maybe I can just use my human team here that I already created 4 years ago. We will see.
Anyways looking forward for hopefully this time a longer stay in this community.

Edit: checked the link in the post above and that might be a good place to start.
Remix2912

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2020 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Could some admin please delete my profile so I can no longer play on here???????
jdm

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2020 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

You can do it yourself

https://fumbbl.com/p/privacy?op=erase

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2021 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all! You know, this is probably the best community on the internet.

I've been here for a week; current record is 2/3/10 w/d/l, rather embarrassing. Yet every opponent has been so welcoming and enthusiastic for me to improve. I've got so many DMs pointing out the ways to BB, links and help playing. You guys and girls are awesome, thanks.

I started playing GW games years ago and had decades long break until now. I remember painting Rogue Trader era Squats with a friend, who's older brother was into it; must've been 1992. Then progressed in the plastic crack (metal) through my childhood and teens. Back at my parents house over Christmas, I found my old copies of Rogue Trader, 2nd edition 40k, 2nd and 3rd edition BB, Warhammer Quest and Necromunda in the attic!

The urge to get back painting mini's has got strong since the virus lockdowns, so I was looking around to find a game to paint towards. Fumbbl popped up through the internetz and all the awesome GW and 3rd party mini's got me inspired.

Holy crap, BB progressed so much beyond teenage games with school mates. I've got a lot of practice to do. See you on the field!
 Jump to: