32 coaches online • Server time: 09:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ShiftyFly

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2020 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Idea: an extension to the theory behind underworld teams, warpstone teams. Background: when explorers stumble into warpstone-filled-caves, the weaker ones' bodies cannot handle the mutating power of warpstone and get crippled. However, when more hardy adventurers come into contact with it, it empowers them, giving them immense strength, rivalling that of a troll or ogre. The chaos gods found these adventurers and put them to the only use they were worth - BloodBowl!

0-16 warplings 5226 stunty, decay, regenerate. M 60K

0-2 warpstone blitzers 6237 foul appearance, regenerate, dauntless decay. GM 90K

0-6 abberations 4518 disturbing presence regenerate, decay. SM 110K

0-1 warpstone beast 4618 loner, wild animal, mighty blow, disturbing presence, foul appearance, regenerate, tentacles decay. SM 170k

Rerolls: 70k
no apo,
star players: nurgle

I know this team needs nerfing, I am trying to add decay, lower AV, and less value for the same price. Instead of telling me it is OP, tell me your suggestions to nerf it.

Last edited by ShiftyFly on Dec 16, 2020 - 22:48; edited 8 times in total
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2020 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

6 Ultra Tomb Guardians, a mega Beast of Nurgle and 2 super Goblins. Plus Goblins++ for linemen. Looks amazing fun but almost certainly overpowered
Kzarik

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2020 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Just at first glance...skill access is too good and the # of skills is too good for the price you placed on those. I bet its out of whack by an average of 30k a position.
ShiftyFly

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Kzarik wrote:
Just at first glance...skill access is too good and the # of skills is too good for the price you placed on those. I bet its out of whack by an average of 30k a position.

Actually, I made the statlines with these rules: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=20129 so the only thing unaccounted for is the skill access, which should probably be tuned down a bit, I agree.
ShiftyFly

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
6 Ultra Tomb Guardians, a mega Beast of Nurgle and 2 super Goblins. Plus Goblins++ for linemen. Looks amazing fun but almost certainly overpowered

The blitzers are nothing like goblins, apart from the ST, MV and AG. I also nerfed the skills access and the beast's MV.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Fair enough on the Blitzers

It's still a super Beast of Nurgle (+St, a better negatrait and M access) for an extra 10k. That strength is such a big deal for his tents too.

6 Tomb Guardians with Dist.Pres, M access (and losing decay) for an extra 10k. So mass access to ClawMB and/or St5 tentacles.

Compare your Blitzers to Wights and you cut St but then substantially negated that cut by giving them Dauntless. Losing Block for FA and M access is probably a downside initially but by 6SSP less so.

On a basic level it's entirely feasibly to end get to 7 X ST5+ guys at under 1200TV with 2 Rerolls (and at 1310TV 7 x ST5+ Tentacles)
ShiftyFly

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
Fair enough on the Blitzers

It's still a super Beast of Nurgle (+St, a better negatrait and M access) for an extra 10k. That strength is such a big deal for his tents too.

6 Tomb Guardians with Dist.Pres, M access (and losing decay) for an extra 10k. So mass access to ClawMB and/or St5 tentacles.

Compare your Blitzers to Wights and you cut St but then substantially negated that cut by giving them Dauntless. Losing Block for FA and M access is probably a downside initially but by 6SSP less so.

On a basic level it's entirely feasibly to end get to 7 X ST5+ guys at under 1200TV with 2 Rerolls (and at 1310TV 7 x ST5+ Tentacles)

Fair enough, however, they are built to also bring the "shite-at-low-tv-but-incredible-at-high-tv" principle to the max. A fully skilled team, with 6 skills on each positional and tentacles and CPOMB everywhere is almost unbeatable, however, 1000tv with two abberations, a blitzer, 8 warplings and 3rr is easily overcome.(also, if you have another suggestion for a starting lineup, I would be glad to hear it.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm no expert at all and I do like the concept by the way.

I'd say 7 'warplings' and 4 'abberations' plus 2 RR which is basically a 4 troll Goblin team without the negatraits (albeit without TTM as well). It won't be an easy start that's for sure but not entirely unplayable for anyone better than me.

Never replace a warplings and start saving for more St guys and blitzers. As a start I'd limit the 'abberations' to 0-2.
ShiftyFly

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
I'm no expert at all and I do like the concept by the way.

I'd say 7 'warplings' and 4 'abberations' plus 2 RR which is basically a 4 troll Goblin team without the negatraits (albeit without TTM as well). It won't be an easy start that's for sure but not entirely unplayable for anyone better than me.

Never replace a warplings and start saving for more St guys and blitzers. As a start I'd limit the 'abberations' to 0-2.

However, part of the concept is to have the maximum strength that these rules: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=20129 will allow, so I'm perfectly happy how the ST worked out. However, I could add things like decay, -AV, more cost and I would be willing to make the warplings AG2 if there were rules for that in the aforementioned link. (If you have suggestions for how to implement this to the warplings, I may consider it.)
ShiftyFly

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

How does 5227 wrestle dodge regenerate decay 60k sound?
ShiftyFly

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Or 5227 dodge, two heads,prehensile tail, regenerate, decay. GM 60k?
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Your moving towards this
https://fumbbl.com/help:DustgoblinT
With a better start (less negatraits etc) but the additional skill access means they will well exceed them over time. It would probably meet the 'bit rubbish to very scary' brief well as they develop.

With the nee skills I do like the idea of a extra arms, monstrous mouth S5 'abberation' carrier though
ShiftyFly

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2020 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
Your moving towards this
https://fumbbl.com/help:DustgoblinT
With a better start (less negatraits etc) but the additional skill access means they will well exceed them over time. It would probably meet the 'bit rubbish to very scary' brief well as they develop.

Having considered it, I feel like I'm going for overpriced linemen but great positionals.... So maybe something like 5227 dodge regenerate decay 60k, only mutations access. (About 50k overpriced)
jdm

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2020 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

6 st5 players with GSM access and no nega trait + another high st player?

Absolutely not. You could make the other players on the team st1 ag1 and that team would be OP

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2020 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad someone has said it. Was going on a bit.
 Jump to: