27 coaches online • Server time: 10:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Start with or without Rogre
Add the Rogre! It will give ST and remove others
57%
 57%  [ 11 ]
No Rogre. Rats have speed and positioning without it.
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 19

Milman

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2020 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The question has been asked for starting tv100 and during league teams,
But i’m about to start a tv110 league and I’m wondering if the rogre is a good starting player or not.
Also why you pick what answer would help clear things out. Smile
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2020 - 05:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't agree with the way the two choices are presented, but I always recommend the Rat Ogre for a starting Skaven team.

a) it's fun! Frenzy is your friend. I'm pretty sure some genius somewhere has written about how good Frenzy is, and if they have, I wholeheartedly agree with them.

b) for a high TV Skaven team, the Rat Ogre is often unnecessary bloat, so if you don't roster it at low TV, you won't have the fun of it later on anyway

c) it's not really about ST. Rat Ogres are excellent cage breaking tools and one of the few players with Prehensile Tail straight out of the box. Yes, Wild Animal makes them less than 100% reliable (but what big guy is?) and no, AV8 isn't the strongest armour in the world, but if you wanted perfection, you'd go and play Dark Elves, and they don't have a big guy, do they? People who tell you it's the worst big guy probably think Gutter Runners are garbage because they're AV7, Dwarf Blockers are crap because they're MA4, and Vampires are unplayable because they get a bit thirsty from time to time.

d) it's really, really not about ST. Treat a Rat Ogre like an Ogre and you'll waste it and it will get broken. Just like a flesh golem is a really good zombie, a Rat Ogre is a really good blitzer. Second only to a fully loaded Underworld Blitzer.

e) just remember to roll doubles for the first three skills and take Block, Claw and Tentacles. Oh, and +ST at 51 SPP, setting you up nicely for Break Tackle at 76 SPP and 2 heads at 176 SPP - don't worry, Rat Ogres collect SPP at an incredible rate and hardly ever die

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2020 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

MrCushtie wrote:
Rat Ogres collect SPP at an incredible rate and hardly ever die

I Quote this mainly because Its damn fun!

When i design my skaven teams i usually start with a RO.

They steal attention, they got MB, they got a Tail, they got av8 (which is good for skaven) and they got frenzy.

If you get a normal skill roll take Juggernaut and blitz till he dies!

And last but not least! The RO should never be your plan A.... Nor Plan B Razz
charlie1331

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2020 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

MrCushtie wrote:

e) just remember to roll doubles for the first three skills and take Block, Claw and Tentacles. Oh, and +ST at 51 SPP, setting you up nicely for Break Tackle at 76 SPP and 2 heads at 176 SPP - don't worry, Rat Ogres collect SPP at an incredible rate and hardly ever die

Well now I see what I was doing wrong