29 coaches online • Server time: 08:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Will bb2020 changes make you retire from fumbbl?
Never, fumbbl 4eva!
76%
 76%  [ 338 ]
Completely retire
2%
 2%  [ 10 ]
Retire except still do league
7%
 7%  [ 32 ]
Retire except still do some tournaments
0%
 0%  [ 2 ]
Undecided
13%
 13%  [ 61 ]
Total Votes : 443

Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Wozzaa wrote:
@Craftnburn I think you could still play that style especially in that little league you've got going, it might just take you an extra turn to get the ball to a thrower. Why not try before the 'nah, I'm done attitude'

So instead of Strip, Scoop, and Score you suggest Strip, Scoop and Stand Around? Wink
(waiting in hostile territory, hoping to survive the inevitable 2+d blitz before trying to get the ball to someone who's able to throw the ball more than 3 squares without simply throwing it d6 squares in a random direction) Yeah that's totally a recipe for success with a fragile Elf team... (sorry, I can only hide so much snark. Wink)
Grod

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

So, here's what bugs me about the poll.

First, when you ask a poll question, but then immediately adding a post with negative sentiment and no positives, it becomes a biased poll, since you, as the pollster, have now given the people you are polling an indication of how you think they should answer.

Next, there is 1 option for "Never" and there are 3 options for "Retire". Which is really designed to fish lots of "Retire" votes. Except, only 1 of them is to actually "Retire", the other two are, in fact, to STAY on the site. A lot of coaches ALREADY only do League, or ALREADY only do tournaments. Coaches are not "Retiring" when they select these options. These options could have easily been written as

"NOT Retire, playing League"
"NOT Retire, playing Tournaments"

So far we have a grand total of ONE person that has decided to retire according to this poll, out of 149 results. I wonder if that was the original poster?

Oscar Wilde
smallman

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I assume enlish is your 2nd language. I voted tounaments only. The people that were only playing league before wont vote any retire option. Go start your own poll mr negative.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

no, its a valid concern smallman. there is nowhere for people to vote if they are already in one of the 'semi retired' states on their. however, since that is a very large chunk of the site, it ends up being rather misleading.

there's also nowhere to say 'I will always be on FUMBBL' vs 'I actually think the new rules are exciting, and look forward to playing them'
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
I assume enlish is your 2nd language. I voted tounaments only. The people that were only playing league before wont vote any retire option. Go start your own poll mr negative.

Why wouldn't they?

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to give it a try, but can't promise anything. Good news is, they plan on doing rule reviews every 6 months. Perhaps they'll get it right by 2022.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 03:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I couldn't care less how many ppl are excited about the new rules, if you care then start a poll on it. To complain that my poll doesn't find out the info you want is complete stupidity.
VillainousIntent

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 03:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I bought A 2020 box set, Varag is a beast! He's a seriously big boy. But no, I wouldnt give up fumbbl Bloodbowl has always changed. Its what 6/7th edition now? I first played at age 9/10 when my brother swapped (unfortunately temporarily) the boxset with his friend for another game. I thought he cheated me, Morg died! but actually looking at the rules now, he totally died.

I think defensive is an interesting skill, the combination of kick off return and pass block into on the ball is a good idea and the fact that you can get an ability that allows you to (potentially) throw a rock at stalling guys, additionally the removal of throw rock from the kickoff table, because seriously throw rock can get f**ked.

Also theres all the cool people I have played with, learned from and have put up with my mostly drunken nonsense on fumbbl. This is hands down one of the best online gaming communities I have seen. Hats off to all involved. Be proud.
Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Wozzaa wrote:
@Craftnburn I think you could still play that style especially in that little league you've got going, it might just take you an extra turn to get the ball to a thrower. Why not try before the 'nah, I'm done attitude'

So instead of Strip, Scoop, and Score you suggest Strip, Scoop and Stand Around? Wink
(waiting in hostile territory, hoping to survive the inevitable 2+d blitz before trying to get the ball to someone who's able to throw the ball more than 3 squares without simply throwing it d6 squares in a random direction) Yeah that's totally a recipe for success with a fragile Elf team... (sorry, I can only hide so much snark. Wink)

If you position well you'll be okay.

You've never tried it (just like BB2020), so less snark is probably better.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 03:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Grasshugger17 wrote:
Wozzaa wrote:
tussock wrote:
Expecting to play more, really.

Hoping for an option to regularly reset teams to 1000k all new players, as an alternative to rebuy, and get them into the box trophy and rookie rumbles repeatedly. Smile

That would be fun. Really build a team with history.

Everybodies idea of fun is different. You should be more tolerant.

I was agreeing with Tussock. How was I being intolerant? Unless you're suggesting I be tolerant of the whiners and doom sayers?

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 04:10 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
I couldn't care less how many ppl are excited about the new rules, if you care then start a poll on it. To complain that my poll doesn't find out the info you want is complete stupidity.

In my opinion it's a stupid poll.

The reason for this is you have an opinion about the new rules (very similar to how you complain about Black Box match making formula) because it disadvantages you and your much discussed play style. You've made a poll, when actually you were trying to make a statement. Something along the lines of 'I love to minmax and prey on newer teams who don't have the skills to deal with my claw MB legend and ball carrying legend, the new rules seriously disadvantage this playstyle because seasons means I might not be able to afford one or both of my legends. I don't like the new rules because of this. Also, I don't like it when my teams match a big TV team even if they've played a similar number of games to my min maxed team.'

Interestingly, seasons can actually lead to other players building similar to smallkosp. They have 1300 to spend and want to keep their legends at the expense of things like rerolls. You've shown us the way. Embrace the change.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 04:33
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
I assume enlish is your 2nd language.

Very Happy
Happy_Amateur

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 05:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Wozzaa wrote:
If you position well you'll be okay.

You mean if I play completely differently I'll be ok. If I decide to switch to Dorfs I'd probably 'be ok' also (but I can only take so much self punishment).

I thought the question was "will you retire from fumbbl" and I was explaining my answer in the poll. I'm not saying I can't win under the new rules, I'm saying that I don't think I'll enjoy playing with the new rules and will likely 'retire'. If they gave every player a Chainsaw I could probably still win some games, but I sure wouldn't enjoy playing anymore. You're well within your rights to think I'm being foolish, but that doesn't change my mind about what I think.

Last edited by Craftnburn on Jan 14, 2021 - 06:03; edited 1 time in total
Frylen

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel this is the crossroads for me. I am retiring my league after three years of heavy maintenance and I need a month or two as a break. If fumbbl keeps an option to keep 2016 skills in league rulesets (or even better let us choose freely what to use and not from 2020) I’ll definitely consider returning - but I fear I’m off to other pastures if I feel we become too limited to bb2020 in league.

I am thankful to Christer and the staff for the times that have been here, nonetheless!

(I am not playing that much anyways so the effect of my departure is very limited)
 Jump to: