55 coaches online • Server time: 13:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Will bb2020 changes make you retire from fumbbl?
Never, fumbbl 4eva!
76%
 76%  [ 338 ]
Completely retire
2%
 2%  [ 10 ]
Retire except still do league
7%
 7%  [ 32 ]
Retire except still do some tournaments
0%
 0%  [ 2 ]
Undecided
13%
 13%  [ 61 ]
Total Votes : 443

Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 06:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Wozzaa wrote:
If you position well you'll be okay.

You mean if I play completely differently I'll be ok. If I decide to switch to Dorfs I'd probably 'be ok' also (but I can only take so much self punishment).

I thought the question was "will you retire from fumbbl" and I was explaining my answer in the poll. I'm not saying I can't win under the new rules, I'm saying that I don't think I'll enjoy playing with the new rules and will likely 'retire'. If they gave every player a Chainsaw I could probably still win some games, but I sure wouldn't enjoy playing anymore. You're well within your rights to think I'm being foolish, but that doesn't change my mind about what I think.

Slightly different. But this is pointless. In my opinion you're being overly negative about something you haven't tried. So, I guess we won't see you around on fumbbl anymore. Hope you find another game you like to play.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
So, here's what bugs me about the poll.

First, when you ask a poll question, but then immediately adding a post with negative sentiment and no positives, it becomes a biased poll, since you, as the pollster, have now given the people you are polling an indication of how you think they should answer.

Next, there is 1 option for "Never" and there are 3 options for "Retire". Which is really designed to fish lots of "Retire" votes. Except, only 1 of them is to actually "Retire", the other two are, in fact, to STAY on the site. A lot of coaches ALREADY only do League, or ALREADY only do tournaments. Coaches are not "Retiring" when they select these options. These options could have easily been written as

"NOT Retire, playing League"
"NOT Retire, playing Tournaments"

So far we have a grand total of ONE person that has decided to retire according to this poll, out of 149 results. I wonder if that was the original poster?

There's also no option for lurkers who might start playing on Fummbl because of the new rules. Or for those who have already retired from playing and might come back.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

To anyone thinking of retiring, I would say: take a break instead, and when you are ready, come back. To anyone thinking of staying and playing but unsure about whether they will like it, and possibly resentful of the changes but willing to push on I would say: take a break instead. Now is a good time.
Arthas85

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Very difficult to answer this question: probably I will have a go at the new rules but I hardly feel excited about them. For sure, I will continue playing in leagues that are going to maintain some of the stuff that I like that will be gone with new rulebook.

I am not saying it's all bad for sure but, having read the rulebook, i feel that negative aspects outweight positive ones in my opinion (at least on paper, need to play some games with new rules for a more precise opinion).
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Staying for sure. Sorry to see some leaving, I think they are wrong but it's their choice.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
To anyone thinking of retiring, I would say: take a break instead, and when you are ready, come back. To anyone thinking of staying and playing but unsure about whether they will like it, and possibly resentful of the changes but willing to push on I would say: take a break instead. Now is a good time.

honestly good advice
Cordelia

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Very happy to keep playing!
Captain_Crumpet

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty much taking a soft break at the moment and somewhat biased due to the fact that the only team I really play at the moment gets crumped by the new rules. But the new skill rules and seasons definitely feel like they take away some of the game's 'heart', rolling those skill dice was always fun for me and I'll definitely miss that.

So for now I guess I'll just wait a little and see how everything settles in. Although the passing rules are a disaster and need to be fixed.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

It true that there will be a rules review every six months?

There is maybe some hope.

Not ideal for the devs though.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

They use the words FAQ in this article:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/12/08/discover-the-latest-rules-in-blood-bowls-new-faq/

So perhaps a rules review is too much. Though they mention that it will be similar to their other games, so people who know how they are can surely tell more.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Wozzaa wrote:
In my opinion you're being overly negative about something you haven't tried.
Perhaps you're right.. but honestly I don't know that I have to actually play it to know that going from my whole team passing at AG4 to most of my team passing at PA 4+ (or the absurd 5+ for Catchers!) is going to require a pretty drastic change in playstyle!
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
hardly a ringing endorsement of how the new rules are perceived, with almost half so far (12/25) either undecided or considering some form of retirement.

Early bias? We are at 75% for playing foreva now.

Some teams go up; some teams go down. Overall I am optimistic about the new rules.
Grod

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Lyracian wrote:
Malmir wrote:
hardly a ringing endorsement of how the new rules are perceived, with almost half so far (12/25) either undecided or considering some form of retirement.

Early bias? We are at 75% for playing foreva now.

Some teams go up; some teams go down. Overall I am optimistic about the new rules.

As of writing, under 2% of responders are planning to retire. The rest are planning on giving it a go or playing on in some form.

Oscar Wilde
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
As of writing, under 2% of responders are planning to retire. The rest are planning on giving it a go or playing on in some form.

That 2% probably roughly translates to the # of coaches who enjoy/employ Passing. Wink

To be clear, what I think happened was the people evaluating the rules (whoever they were) said "People don't use Throwers, let's make them important" which is a worthy goal. The problem is the way they tried to go about it was "Let's make it so that almost everyone sucks at passing except Throwers.. then people will be sure to take them!" Rolling Eyes
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
To be clear, what I think happened was the people evaluating the rules (whoever they were) said "People don't use Throwers, let's make them important" which is a worthy goal. The problem is the way they tried to go about it was "Let's make it so that almost everyone sucks at passing except Throwers.. then people will be sure to take them!" Rolling Eyes

Result almost everyone plays the running game and does lots more GFI/Rush when they need to move the ball. Apart from Skaven and Humans who will enjoy there improved Throwers.
 Jump to: