27 coaches online • Server time: 06:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2021 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Lyracian wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
If Chaos and Nurgle don't get some changes in future supplements, I don't think they will be playable.

Chivite wrote:
I think they are "playable", just more challenging, which is fine. People play stunties on a regular basis like

Stunty teams have an appeal throwing players, secret weapons.

There is a wide gulf of what is set as "Tier 2". The question is are these teams going to be enjoyable to play? Will they be competitive?

I agree with MattDakka here. The answer is going to be NO.

Chaos Chosen took a hit. Don't think that can be argued. However they did obtain new roster variation with the chaos troll, so can start with 4 warriors, 1 troll and 2 rerolls which is the strongest starting lineup they can field in their history. Furthermore their costs remained identical so can still start with 4 blockers and 3 reroll.

I am actually not so concerned about random MVP as even back in LRB4 you had Chaos coaches and that was a lot harder. To me the changes echo the sentiment of Chaos really being a tier 2 team. They are a higher risk bash team but gain the perk of more pitch control (horns) and mutations. With a few skills scattered around you can start to play more reliably with a bit of umph (one claw or so) without escalating to the team annihilating peak from BB16 or CRP. Furthermore their stats and costs were not altered, keeping their other perk of being a "fast" bash team and decent overall stats.

I have also been grinding short runs as Chaos, 6-8 games and although current MVP helps significantly, they are still very much playable at 1k-1250 tv. Their peak is lowered but still quite functional.

I also see random skills being a much bigger part in Chaos meta and compensates tier 2 teams slow development under the new system. An MVP = 1 random skill per game and fortunately General, strength and mutations are by a majority useful. So while Chaos did 100% get nerfed, I remain optimistic.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2021 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
I'd probably look to take guard before block on at least 2 bloaters, and I'd not develop a sure hands carrier - you want to spread the spp around pestigors, so a dedicated carrier is actually counter productive

No sure hands in a team for an extended period seems to be a real risk of harming your win rate.

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2021 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos and Nurgle will suck in this rule set especially with the 1350 cap. My recommendation is to take Nurgle and Chaos and play in the Secret League.
 Jump to: