34 coaches online • Server time: 10:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Nelphine wrote:
you can't re-roll the same thing multiple times

actually it says "same die", not "same thing" Surprised

This difference is huge on Black Orcs. "Both-Down/Skull. I don't have Block. Let me re-roll the Both-Down with Brawler, and if that fails, spend a TRR on the Skull." Lets you save your RRs for Goblin heroism.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

What about one turn touchdowns? Will we see more of it, now that you can use all your rerolls in that last turn?
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Balle2000 wrote:
Nelphine wrote:
you can't re-roll the same thing multiple times

actually it says "same die", not "same thing" Surprised

This difference is huge on Black Orcs. "Both-Down/Skull. I don't have Block. Let me re-roll the Both-Down with Brawler, and if that fails, spend a TRR on the Skull." Lets you save your RRs for Goblin heroism.

no this is not possible, because per the team re-roll rules, a re-roll used on a dice pool like a 2d block must re-roll all dice in the pool, and as you have already re-rolled one, you can't rr again
sebco

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, that's even in the Designer's Commentary published yesterday :

Q: If a player re-rolls a single dice from a dice pool with a Skill
(e.g., Brawler), can they then use a team re-roll to allow them
to re-roll the other dice from the same dice pool? (p.24)
A: No.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still confused though - if I roll a 2 dice block with a Black Orc, get skull and both down, I can use Brawler to reroll the skull. Let's assume I roll the skull into another skull.

Can I use a team reroll to then reroll the whole dice pool? I can see that I can't use a reroll just on the other die, but it doesn't seem to explicitly prohibit it (either in the commentary, or in the 2020 rulebook)

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

No...

First of all Brawler only re-roll the Both Down result and not a Skull.

But a Team Re-Roll re-roll ALL dice in a dice pool. If you already re-rolled one of the dice you can't use a Team Re-Roll as no dice can be re-rolled twice.

Although... you can use Pro skill to then re-roll the OTHER dice in a dice pool, that is allowed.
sebco

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, on the same line as CAB on these examples.

2 rules listed page 24 lead to that :
-no dice can be rerolled twice
-when a reroll is used to reroll a dice pool, all of the dice in the dice pool must be rerolled .

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I sorta LOVE/HATE this idea of being able to use more than 1 TRR per turn.

I would always weigh how critical the Failed Roll would be to the Turn and the Half. Is that a critical Fail? Then of course USE the RR early in the Half and hope you don't need it on Turn 7 or 8. Is it not so bad of a Failure? Then I hold out and save the RR.

Does knowing I have a chance to RR more than once change that Math? Does it push the decision towards USING or SAVING the RR's on a play that is not either Critical Fail or relatively Safe Fail?

How does this affect the Number of RR's a team should Carry?
How does this affect the Number of RR Skills taken like Pass, Catch, Dodge, Sure Hands etc etc and most importantly how does this affect PRO?

And on a Side Note...
Anybody have a link to the New Skills and Changed Skills and the New Rosters?
Has this new Rule Set set in yet? Can it be played yet on FUMBBL?

And to a Note of another Nature...
Hey EVERYBODY!!! I might actually be able to play again sometime in the no to distant future. Just need to have a bit of free time AND a chance to repair an Old Laptop that has a Large Enough SCREEN to see the whole Pitch.
I look forward to kicking your asses every time I WIN and complaining about BAD DICE every time I don't WIN. Razz
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

You can find the BB2020 rosters here:
https://fumbbl.com/help:BB20RaceStrategy
Heff

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2020 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The new rule is going to encourage the IFIB (I fail I burn) player to compound his errors and run out of re-rolls in turn 1.

I think they are doubling down on a mistake at GW but I also think that it changes things in a potentially interesting way.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2020 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

One good reason to allow multiple rrs could be helping the teams lacking core skills (and forced to fire some players after 15 games) such as Chaos, Nurgle and Vampires.
The question is: how many rrs will have most teams, on average?
If Chaos, Nurgle and Vampires play with 4 rrs or 5 and the other teams only with 3, they will be always struggling with the rr bloat.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2021 - 04:15 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
You can find the BB2020 rosters here:
https://fumbbl.com/help:BB20RaceStrategy

Thanks Matt
Mr_Quarantine

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2021 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
One good reason to allow multiple rrs could be helping the teams lacking core skills (and forced to fire some players after 15 games) such as Chaos, Nurgle and Vampires.
The question is: how many rrs will have most teams, on average?
If Chaos, Nurgle and Vampires play with 4 rrs or 5 and the other teams only with 3, they will be always struggling with the rr bloat.

True, but teams lacking core skills usually have better higher strenght or agility, now with multiple rrs to use when needed.

I do not think this will make team as Nurgle (or Vamps) competitive as tier1 teams, but it may bring some good news to the game even if their rrs cost a lot more than teams with core skills (looking at you little bearded men)
 Jump to: