30 coaches online • Server time: 10:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
boeufmironton

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2021 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey,
I played a game with Gobbler Grimlich, the star player, and it seems that monstrous mouth doesen't work.
Do i make a mistake ?
Thank's for your answers
Boeufmironton
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2021 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I've had it work on players before e.g. the reroll of a catch attempt......do you mean the protection from Strip Ball?

Had a quick scan through your last game (presumably the one you are talking about) and can't see where it failed. can you post where to look in the replay?
boeufmironton

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2021 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

in first half, around turn 6, Gobbler attempt an interception and roll a 5 and fail
but ag2= 5+, -2 int +1 legs +1 mouth =5+ no ?
thank's to answer me COddlefish Smile
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2021 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, think it said it wanted a 6+. Mouth doesn't add to interception roll. It may automatically Reroll an interception attempt like catch does though
boeufmironton

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2021 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh ?
my bad english make me commit an error again... Thank's to help me understand
razmus

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2021 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Gobbler was KOd the whole first half. Smile I do see the attempted interception in turn two of the second half. A roll of five does fail, but C0ddlefish is correct - it should have allowed an automatic reroll of the interception.

So, I believe you are correct -- there is a bug in that portion of the skill.

While I tend to believe we are so close to a new client that I tend doubt we'll see the bug fixed, it should be reported so that it can be tracked. I've taken the liberty of opening a bug report in the bug tracking system: https://fumbbl.com/p/bugs?id/657 I'll let you decide whether to upvote.
razmus

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2021 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Sidenote: Grr. BB2020 is/will be a little trickier.

The wording in 2016 is "A player with Monstrous Mouth is allowed to re-roll the D6 if they fail a Catch roll. It also allows the player to re-roll the D6 if they drop a hand-off or fail to make an interception. In addition, the Strip Ball skill will not work against a player with Monstrous Mouth." So, the question, 'Should Gobbler have gotten a reroll when he failed to intercept?' has an easy, 'Yes, of course.' answer.

The wording in 2020 is "This player may re-roll any failed attempt to catch the ball. In addition, the strip Ball skill cannot be used against this player." My interpretation is, since interception has been broken into two steps... the skill won't help you interfere, but if you do successfully interfere, the player with this skill will get two opportunities to catch the ball.
sebco

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2021 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

razmus wrote:
Sidenote: Grr. BB2020 is/will be a little trickier.

(...)

My interpretation is, since interception has been broken into two steps... the skill won't help you interfere, but if you do successfully interfere, the player with this skill will get two opportunities to catch the ball.

Yes, that's it. The first roll (to interfere) isn't a catch roll. The second roll (to convert the Deflection into an Interception) is a catch roll.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2021 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, thank's to all !
Razmus: yep, turn 2 of the second half Smile
mekutata

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2021 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a weird und rare skill. Personally I am always surprised again when it doesn't give to re-roll Pick Ups Wink
Is it changed in 2020 despite being now a regular mutation skill?

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2021 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Its basically just Catch plus protection against Strip Ball. Adding the pickup beneift as well would make it a brilliant skill (Sure Hands and Catch in one). Imagine we'll see it a bit on M access stunties
mekutata

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2021 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

It has parts from other skills. So that thought mistake can happen with being so rare.