54 coaches online • Server time: 23:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2021 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

brundt wrote:
How can i acces to the rankings and there are Old world alliance?

On your own "About" page On the right-hand side, click the link labeled "Coach Standing".

Yes, there are Old world alliance.

https://fumbbl.com/p/coaches?order=&r=0&d=0&start=0

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2021 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe OWA is race # 4789 for some odd reason? They aren't on the list.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=coaches&order=&d=0&r=4789

Set "d" equal to 1 to sort by only ranked and 10 for Blackbox.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2021 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The only overall ranking I can show on my overview page is my Black Box ranking. Why can I not choose Global or Ranked in my profile options? Is it normal? Am I the victim of a sad trick from the Black Gobo?
boeufmironton

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2021 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

i've never been an emerging star... Too noob for that. So...
I mean, i'll never be a star Smile
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2021 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Azur wrote:
The only overall ranking I can show on my overview page is my Black Box ranking. Why can I not choose Global or Ranked in my profile options? Is it normal? Am I the victim of a sad trick from the Black Gobo?

Yes, you are right. Now there is options for two individual races, but no options for the third overall ranking. Mine also shows Blackbox. I thought that could be changed at one point. Though I see some people have ranked there.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2021 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

pizzamogul wrote:
I believe OWA is race # 4789 for some odd reason? They aren't on the list.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=coaches&order=&d=0&r=4789

Set "d" equal to 1 to sort by only ranked and 10 for Blackbox.

What number are Snotlings? Can´t find them on the list, either...

ah..found it.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2021 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Azur wrote:

Yes, you are right. Now there is options for two individual races, but no options for the third overall ranking. Mine also shows Blackbox. I thought that could be changed at one point. Though I see some people have ranked there.
IIRC, if you have at least 50% more games in R than B (60% R, 40% B, between the two), it shows your R ranking, and vice versa. If you have more than 40% of your competitive games in each division, it gives your overall competitive-division ranking. Something like that.

Yes, I agree that overall ranking would be better. But that's coming soon, given the division merger: we'll have "competitive" ranking only, right?

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2021 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

MM-ranking only would be better. Mixed division's ranking (Competitive or whatever it will be called) can be affected by picking.
Azur

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2021 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
garyt1 wrote:
Azur wrote:

IIRC, if you have at least 50% more games in R than B (60% R, 40% B, between the two), it shows your R ranking, and vice versa. If you have more than 40% of your competitive games in each division, it gives your overall competitive-division ranking. Something like that.

Yes, I agree that overall ranking would be better. But that's coming soon, given the division merger: we'll have "competitive" ranking only, right?

Good to know! Thank you very much for all those explanations Smile
AiThebuffycat

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2021 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

This is some real necromancy
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2021 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
MM-ranking only would be better. Mixed division's ranking (Competitive or whatever it will be called) can be affected by picking.

Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2021 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

Rolling Eyes
Laughing
Plus ça change, plus c'est la meme chose. Good to know we're all still ourselves.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2021 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

As someone who play a lot of stunty teams, I don't like including treasury and inducements in the calculation. I just saw a 139 CR coach playing 1200tv UW lose 0-2 to 1800tv chorfs with a 153 CR coach and lose .62 in CR. That seems unduly harsh for what is a clear mismatch. Another example is a 152 coach losing 1.25 CR after losing a 450tv mismatch between his ogres and a 149 opponent playing chaos. Hardly a fair pairing.
If I really cared about CR I wouldn't play so many Snots and Ogres but this new metric seems to have the opposite affect to what was intended. I'll add that most of the other tier 3 coaches I've discussed the issue with seem agree with me.
sebco

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2021 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you sure inducements are included in the calculation? I've read the new change was only that petty cash was now taken into account. According to me, that would make sense.

I'm really not sure it now works like that but as I understood :

If a new 1 000 0000 TV team faces a 1 100 000 TV team and have a 100k inducement, that would be always the same calculation (with a 100k TV gap).

If a new 950 000 TV team faces another new 990 000 TV team and uses its treasury to have 50 000 petty cash and buy a bloodweiser keg, that would be a +10k TV gap and no more a -40k TV gap (950 000 + 50 000 = 1 000 000 facing 990 000).

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2021 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I've just looked at some of my games and you're surely right.

In that exemple https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4180786 I had a clear lower TV before inducements, around the same CR as my opponent, we had a draw and our CR didn't move (with new calculation).

So, you're right, that's a bit harsch for some teams like ogres and snotlings. That said, in my opinion, that may be a good choice for BB 2020 as BB 2020 inducements and specially star players should rebalance (or even more) games in favour of lower TV.