24 coaches online • Server time: 04:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2021 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

no thats just determining how many spp the player will have after conversion
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2021 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Cyrus-Havoc wrote:
7 Lydia Purpuraria Catcher->Catcher (90k)
Previous SPP total: 48
SPP progress: 17 SPP beyond the previous level (31)
Equivalent to 85% to the next level (51)
+MA -> +MA (Stats) +20k
Block -> Block (General) +20k
+MA -> +MA (Stats) +20k
Number of skills: 3, 16 SPP for next chosen primary
Unspent SPP: 16*85% = 14 SPP
Player Cost 150k

Movement was capped at 9 I think, this player will be movement 10 so the 2nd +MA should not be allowed.

This is now correct, the extra movement has been removed.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2021 - 06:33 Reply with quote Back to top

For the 15 match calculation is it using the last 15 matches for those teams who have played more? Didn't seem right for my ogres if so. Or is indeed an average?

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2021 - 07:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Correction:

Strong Arm is a Strength Skill in bb2020 and needs access. High Elf Throwers were mistakenly not allowed Strength skills on doubles. This has been fixed, and strong arm should now convert appropriately.

Safe Pass is a bb2020 skill, which is what the BB2016 Safe Throw gets converted to.

And as a side-note, this is exactly why I need people to look at it and report potentially strange behaviour.

Christer BB2020 strong arm cannot be given to anybody but those with "throw team mate" skill ( read the second paragraph, the one most people skip over Razz)
Nedlam

Post 22 Posted: Mar 03, 2021 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, I am waiting to start a new league (the 4th in a row) and wanted to ask if there is a forecast of the change of Fumbbl to the new rules (2020), just to think if waiting to new rules or start it (in order to avoid a change or rules in the middle of the league).

I would appreciate if you could tell me something about it.

Thanks in advance.
tussock

Post   Posted: May 21, 2021 - 04:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Couple of updates:

- Ball&Chain and Grab are now mutually exclusive
- Strong Arm converts to either Strong Arm or Cannoneer depending on the availability of TTM.

I very much still need this migration script to be tested further to identify edge cases, and would appreciate any kind of feedback (even if it's "looks good to me").

Edit:

Additional skill exclusivity settings have been applied:
- Leap / Pogo Stick
- Frenzy / Grab
- Ball & Chain / (Diving Tackle, Frenzy, Leap, Multiple Block, On the Ball, Shadowing)

Due to the recent errata, and the following ruling ...

Quote:
Q: What happens if a player rolls a random Skill and gains one that they could take, but cannot actually use? Such as if a player with the No Hands trait gained the Catch skill. (p.74)
A: In these instances, roll again until they gain a Skill they could actually use.

It would suggest I think ...

- No Hands / (Catch, Diving Catch, Safe Pair Of Hands, Sure Hands, Big Hand, Extra Arms, Monstrous Mouth, Accurate, Cannoneer, Cloud Burster, Dump-Off, Fumblerooskie, Hail Mary Pass, Nerves of Steel, Pass, Running Pass, Safe Pass)

- Ball & Chain / (Diving Tackle, Jump Up, Leap, Sneaky Git*, Dauntless, Dirty Player*, Frenzy, Horns, Two Heads, Very Long Legs, On the Ball, Break Tackle, Grab, Juggernaut, Multiple Block, Thick Skull)

- Pogo Stick / Leap

- Frenzy / Grab

- AV 7 or less / Iron Hard Skin

- ST 8 / Dauntless

- Lack of TTM / Strong Arm.

* With Pile Driver skill, a Ball & Chain player may make a foul action, and only then may randomly get Dirty Player and Sneaky Git skills.

Should be all of 'em, I think? Chainsaw seems like it's optional with a block action again, just must be used on armour rolls.

Last edited by tussock on May 21, 2021 - 08:09; edited 1 time in total
Java

Post   Posted: May 21, 2021 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I would swap Pile Driver with Brawler in the Ball and Chain list.

They cannot do a Block action, only moves, so Brawler does not apply.

Pile driver is silly but it's still something they can elect to do.

Iron Hard Skin COULD be argued to be an option because you can always improve your AV next... Maybe?

Post   Posted: May 21, 2021 - 08:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ball & Chain says ...

"If this player would move into a square that is occupied by a Standing player from either team, they must perform a Block action against that player, following the normal rules, but with the following exceptions."

So they can use Brawler, as it's a Block action every time they bump someone.

And ... hmm, I think you're right, they can use Pile Driver, because that says ...

"After using this skill, the player is Placed Prone and their activation ends immediately."

So, they do have a rule space to get the foul in before being injured. Shame it's not quite banned in the rules. Very Happy

Updating my list above.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2021 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Fair enough

I'm more than happy to see Brawler used, I was playing devil's advocate

EDIT

What is the rationale for crossing out dauntless?
sebco

Post   Posted: May 21, 2021 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
What is the rationale for crossing out dauntless?

I suppose he only wants to avoid a ST 8 player rolling for a randomly selected general skill to draw Dauntless as it would be unuseful for him, 8 being the max ST (as may FAQ states that a player who rolls a random Skill and gains one that they could take, but cannot actually use, has the right to roll again).

Post   Posted: May 21, 2021 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I should have said it more specifically, I was thinking of Ball and Chain with dauntless.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2021 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah ok. Din't see Dauntless was in his Ball&Chain couple list. I would say I agree with you. A Ball&Chain player can draw Dauntless. It rarely will be useful for him but it can sometimes be.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2021 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, had it on Ball & Chain but moved to ST 8 (plus editing errors along the way) as technically there can be ST 8 players so it's possible to use it on the Fanatic (plus there are lower ST B&C players in SL).

The FAQ is for things you literally can't use, rather than are very unlikely to need.

After all, you might roll Leap and Dirty Player on a Troll, and no one would ever want use those, but you could use them. Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 22, 2021 - 07:31 Reply with quote Back to top

hi. I tested it on my BYU team. only problm I see, Ihave a player with st 5 meaning he has 2 +1St skill rolls. the engine said : +ST is a duplicate and will be removed. In rules you can have up to +2 increase on a stat right?< So IS THIS a mISTAkE ON THE PRoGRAMS pArt ? ty.
argos_72

Post 4 Posted: May 24, 2021 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello
to whoever may be interested GW has published in May 2021 a further Designer's Commentary with Errata of the rules of BB2020

it can be downloaded from this link.
Hope this usefull for the discussion

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/3S3PZe9L4TKG5hCE.pdf
 Jump to: