23 coaches online • Server time: 03:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AzraelEVA

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2021 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

In it are rules for Blood Bowl 7, Mercenaries and different environments.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/05/blood-bowl-death-zone-opens-up-new-ways-to-play/
ThierryM

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2021 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

How to make a simple game more complicated.
Adding layers after layers of special rules brings nothing to the game but unbalancing things...

Keep BB simple !

It's was the best game to introduce someone to the Hobby (the parallel with US Football in a Fantasy setting was an easy concept to explain) and now it's getting overcomplicated...

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2021 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't have to use them.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2021 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

We'll have to wait to have confirmation but I also think there will be a lot of optional rules in this Death Zone supplement and most of them already exist in BB 2016 (special balls, special stadiums, etc...) but were not in BB 2020 core rulebook.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2021 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the sound of customisation for Mercs but expect it may just be unbalanced. Everyone will just be picking the most cost effective options and the rest will just be ignored.

Somewhat wary of it just being a book full of stuff we already have or will not used (like 7’s).

It is a bit early but I think this just goes on the Christmas list as a nice to have but not needed.

Lyracian.
BlockBadger

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2021 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

sebco wrote:
We'll have to wait to have confirmation but I also think there will be a lot of optional rules in this Death Zone supplement and most of them already exist in BB 2016 (special balls, special stadiums, etc...) but were not in BB 2020 core rulebook.

This is my reading and guess from the text they shared, more different ways to play BB ATM is very much a good thing.
stej

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2021 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the ideas for different pitch / weather events. I always felt it could be fun for the "home" team to pick these sort of things to reflect their stadium.
mekutata

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2021 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder how many people were actually already able to play BB20 in tabletop due corona lockdowns. So feels kinda "too soon" Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2021 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

ThierryM wrote:
How to make a simple game more complicated.
Adding layers after layers of special rules brings nothing to the game but unbalancing things...

Keep BB simple !

It's was the best game to introduce someone to the Hobby (the parallel with US Football in a Fantasy setting was an easy concept to explain) and now it's getting overcomplicated...

totally agree with you
They are generatic more and more complication to this game! We should separate the rule of FUMBBL from the crazy rules of G&W which are developed in my opinion without a clear sens
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2021 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be brilliant if FUMBBL one day gets a Sevens pitch client. Great for quick games, and the smaller pitch suits seven a-side much better.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2021 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, BB 7 should be played on a properly smaller-sized pitch, otherwise fast teams are hard to stop.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2021 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Finals of the top 2 divisions in the current 7s set up were Underworld Vs Dwarf, and Chaos Dwarves Vs Dark Elves.

Pace helps on the larger pitch but it doesn't necessarily dominant
bernardand

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2021 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=index
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2021 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I've not received mine yet. I'm worried that there is no delineation between core and optional rules! Is it possible all the nonsense is going to be considered core after this book.
And the mercs leak sounds extremely worrying. Anyone have more info?

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2021 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/nPGOBi2N5hJ9wgmt.jpg

If you look at this picture the content of Death zone becomes clear.
The inducements seems to be mandatory since they are a follow up to the missing inducements in the core rules.

Above Mercenary it explicitly says expanded rules. So it is also a follow up for the core rules.
 Jump to: