15 coaches online • Server time: 07:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2021 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

In bb2020, can you use pro or a team reroll to reroll the 4+ dice when seeing if the bomb hits the oppositions players? Team reroll does not forbid you, neither does pro.

Team reroll is just when you are the active team and it spesifically what it can't be used on and the bomb 4+ is not one of them.

Also pro needs to be used during a players activation. When does a players activation end? Does it end immediately after the bomb has left their hands or does it end when you activate another player?

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
cromag

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2021 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2021 - 07:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Presumably this is an oversight in the rules but technically you might be right.

My understanding is Rerolls/pro are meant to represent that fact you've trained the team to be better, hence have the chance to 'correct an error they've made in the game'.

So in my mind, rerolling the throw to be more likely to end up where you wanted it to go is fine, but rerolling the bomb itself because 'it didn't explode well enough' or 'the opponent shielded himself from the blast' makes no sense
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2021 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

that wouldn't make much sense, but I foresee the powerplayers arguing to get advantage of it :/

Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2021 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

short answer to OP is no and why should you reroll the blast? its not part of the TEAm as in TEAM reroll.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2021 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The old rules stated team rerolls could only be used by a player performing an action, leaving room for the interpretation that a bomb exploding is not a player acting.

The new rewrite does not impose this limitation. One of the many nuances lost in this edition.

That's why a coach may think they can reroll it. Because the rules no longer prohibit the reroll.
Shushnik

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2021 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Ugh. After thinking about the consequences of this difference and checking the reroll rules, I can find nothing that prohibits rerolling a crowd throw-in. It isn't a deviate, scatter, bounce, armor, injury, or casualty roll and it happens during a player's turn.

I do not like that at all.
Shushnik

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2021 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

As to the final question of when a player's activation ends, bombs use the passing rules. Which means the activation ends after the pass has been resolved.

Which also means if you give them running pass, their activation doesn't end at that point. Which would be pretty useful.
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2021 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Dan-Da-Man wrote:
short answer to OP is no and why should you reroll the blast? its not part of the TEAm as in TEAM reroll.

Don't confuse the name of the rule with what the rule is actually doing. A team reroll can be used during a team's turn and bomb happens on your turn when you throw it.

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
Kinks

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2021 - 07:26 Reply with quote Back to top

FAQs wrote:
Q. When using Bombardier trait, can a re-roll be used when determining if a bomb that is caught explodes?
A: No.

I have slightly different question. What if a player with no PA stat catches the bomb, like a Minotaur. I presume as it says "1-3, that player must throw the Bomb again immediately." that because it can't be thrown it just explodes, the same as 4-6.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2021 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

A player with no PA who attempts a pass immediately fumbles that pass. So you would resolve the thrown bomb as a fumbled throw.
Nedlam

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2021 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I use this thread to question about bombardiers.

If a player throw a bomb:

- Question 1, is it supposed that that bomb can be deflected/intercepted?
- Question 2, it that bomb ends in a square occupied by a player, could that player catch the bomb, even if he is from the opposite team?

If both questions are answered as "yes", it means that the opposing team could have two options to catch and rethrow the bomb, couldn't it?
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2021 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes and Yes.

A player attempting to interfere will then try and catch. Failing that catch would mean exploding in their square.

Bear in mind even a successful bomb catch has a 50% chance of still exploding too.

Edit: so if that's right, you really need to think twice about whether you want to try and intercept a bomb
Nedlam

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2021 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks so much, C0ddlefish. Just wanted to be sure.
 Jump to: