31 coaches online • Server time: 08:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2020 - 04:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a different thread for the "Final Ride" of HLP?

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2020 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The Last Slobberknocker!

Lautrehamon leads the pack on 4/2/0.

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2020 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Ha - look at Lautrehamon now -
12 / 4 / 0
That's awesome.
Smile
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2020 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Wuuuuuuut?

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2020 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans are overpowered.

Lautrehamon needs to win 3 straight to get to 14/2/0.
Read it and weep folks.

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2020 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn that was fun; good blitzers and ogre just stood well against all those mutated guys. Positive cas ratio helped a lot Smile
Thanks Koadah for the ride, I would have left the SRFC rest for good without that last event.
DonnyRainboe

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2020 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

"MrCushtie

Post Posted: Sep 23, 2020 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top
DonnyRainboe wrote:

"When does it end?

With a loud bang. Or a whimper.

Well, actually, end of September."

Okay so this should aline the time lines enough for me to do fluff story to wrap up the Drifters. So if nobody objects the human league next season should also start the first day of October. I'll probably keep role playing one player per game and build the team like we are trying to win next season.

This is going to be tricky.

Doubt ill go for the sobbernocker, as I can't even spell it.

The below text if from the human league page not sure which year or time it is from. But it gives me a month or week so decide which time line I prefer.

HUMAN LEAGUE **** SEASON 40 ****

Far too many of us appear to be content to make our names and our fortunes coaching mutants, xenos and other outlandish foreigners.

A true coach would stand up and take the challenge of the Human League Premiership.

Take on the best of what the [B ]ox has to offer and kick their asses.

The new season kicks off 17th August and ends at midnight 31st October.
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2020 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

There isn't intended to be another HLP after the Last Slobberknocker.

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2020 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Good. So should this 'season' of the Human league system be 40, 42 or other in your opinion? I reckon 'we' lost count of seasons at some point.

The 40 was probably the last update on the group page. 42 plague season in Gaelic was a hack at putting a number on something for fluff reasons by myself.

It's only important for my own fluff logic.
DonnyRainboe

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2020 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Fluff...

End times for the Drifters.

(Two days before judgement day.)

Coach looks across the bluff to the the approaching figure that was slowing walking towards the plateau.

Draxe "Still here.?"
Coach was lost in thought.

Draxe slowly settled down near the tower doorway and sat down. He knew better than to risk be confused when the team needed him. The fact that the Fatboys where on the practice grounds and the drifters where in the South tower did not bode well. Still what what could be done about it...

The other would wait for his reply, he trusted them. Might as well stretch and sleep. There was not more food in the tower and the ale was down to a few kegs.
DonnyRainboe

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2020 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Time ended.

Fluff...

Draxe "Where is Wayne?"

Nobody answered, somebody muttered something under their breath and Draxe turned to face the rookies he was certain it was one them. Without doing anything except breathing in through his nose and out through his mouth he just stood stock still. Not confused, not questioning, he simply existed and blocked out the last of the dying light.

The sun was lower that the height of the tower and veterans knew not to waste words when they could see the sun go down over the plains. Two of the other towers were in the middle middle off to the West. Coach had went to the Tower more Easterly from there current position. He had not come back yet.
DonnyRainboe

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2021 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Fluff...

The weather turned, the wind stopped. Hail, snow or ash drifted down among those on the top platform of the tower. Someone stood and looked out over the gargoyle to the North-East. She shielded her eyes from the blaze and as slowly as she could climbed the the gargoyle.

"Dragon!" came the shout from below.
DonnyRainboe

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2021 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

As Draxe lay burning the fire, he smiled. Unable to speak he refused to cry as the Valkyries called him home. The Drifter's would be better off without him.

"Eat well dragonborn", with tears in his eyes the coach held is hand and squeezed back.
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2021 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

We'll not see his like again.

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2021 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

"Tactical!" coach spat.

"We are anything but tactical!" Eighteen heads turned to view the speaker.

A voice from outside the coaches field of view spoke, "Sorry coach." The players were still in the hallway outside. Shite..... this wasn't good, he'd seen what happened to other coaches getting over heated in coaching meetings.

They won, it should have been 3-0 but a 1-0 with only one player missing for the next game was a win in anybody's book. Except mine, it seemed. Shite.

The apothecary spoke, "I think it was meant as a complement."

Shite... he stunk, like most fishermen of the North, a foul smell of Tabaco masked the rest the fragrances that assaulted the coaches nostrils.

Shite.... I'll be lucky to leave this room alive. At least this wasn't a sick joke by one of the players, leaving a ball on the coaches table might have been the easier way out here, but damn it they had played like shit and won. This is not the Drifters way...

"Are you finished sir?" one of the other coaches spoke, bold and young.

Coach sneered, bit down hard on bottom lip and waited...
 Jump to: